*OFFICIAL WARRIORS SOLD THREAD*

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:27 pm
Bonderman seems like a good 2nd option for us..Anybody willing to pay 7 million + on a birthday party has a GIGANTIC ego.

Hall of Famer
» Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:05 pm
Still hoping it's Ellison. The way I see it, it's the only one that assures the neccesary changes to be succesful.

» Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:36 am
TMC wrote:Still hoping it's Ellison. The way I see it, it's the only one that assures the neccesary changes to be succesful.

yep. I mean i am sure whoever the knew owner is will do a fine job (compared to Cohan of course.) But Ellison will not accept failure. He will do what he can to make a winner. That's what I want in an owner.

Rookie
» Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:16 pm
My fear is that the dickhead currently in charge will milk this for the last nickel until the Fall.

Is there any way to force his hand? Too bad we can't organize (or at least threaten) a boycott until he sells.
:banghead:

Franchise Player
» Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:20 pm
Fact remains that we have no idea how good Ellison would be as an owner. It is his competitiveness and success in other areas that lead us to speculate he will be a good owner.... But what type of owner will he be?

Will his gigantic ego make him like a Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder and he wont let actuall basketball people make decisions? Or will he hire great people and give them the freedom to do what they want and be there with an open checkbook? We just dont know...

But my assumption is he will never sit idle like what has happened in the past 10 years. He will be active to make things happen... but we should prepare ourselves for the fact that most likely that means no player loyalty and that would include trading fan favorites if he thinks it will improve the team

Starting Lineup
» Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:37 pm
Well it's not like we haven't already been ditching our fan favorites. At least we might get something in return for them now

All Star
» Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:39 pm
bada wrote:Fact remains that we have no idea how good Ellison would be as an owner. It is his competitiveness and success in other areas that lead us to speculate he will be a good owner.... But what type of owner will he be?

Will his gigantic ego make him like a Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder and he wont let actuall basketball people make decisions? Or will he hire great people and give them the freedom to do what they want and be there with an open checkbook? We just dont know...

But my assumption is he will never sit idle like what has happened in the past 10 years. He will be active to make things happen... but we should prepare ourselves for the fact that most likely that means no player loyalty and that would include trading fan favorites if he thinks it will improve the team

Im fine with trading anyone on the roster not named Steph Curry in the name of improving the team. Only way I would not be completely pissed if Curry were traded is if we got Deron Williams in the deal.

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:50 am
"Always" Next wrote:
bada wrote:Fact remains that we have no idea how good Ellison would be as an owner. It is his competitiveness and success in other areas that lead us to speculate he will be a good owner.... But what type of owner will he be?

Im fine with trading anyone on the roster not named Steph Curry in the name of improving the team. Only way I would not be completely pissed if Curry were traded is if we got Deron Williams in the deal.

I'm pretty sure we have to anticipate the possibility of Curry getting traded under new ownership. We have to anticipate anyone getting traded. Whatever the new FO thinks is in best interest for the team to improve, they'll do so. I really hope they build around Curry, but I wouldn't surprised if they don't.

No one knows what direction this team is headed once the new owner is named. We all know it'll be up, because there's no downhill from here. It's just a matter of what.

Role Player
» Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:44 am
xbay wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

I'm pretty sure we have to anticipate the possibility of Curry getting traded under new ownership. We have to anticipate anyone getting traded. Whatever the new FO thinks is in best interest for the team to improve, they'll do so. I really hope they build around Curry, but I wouldn't surprised if they don't.

No one knows what direction this team is headed once the new owner is named. We all know it'll be up, because there's no downhill from here. It's just a matter of what.

just seems highly unlikely, for all the obvious reasons, as well as the business one: Curry is marketable and attracts national attention, which of course = revenue. those players don't come along often.

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:08 am
rizon wrote:
xbay wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

just seems highly unlikely, for all the obvious reasons, as well as the business one: Curry is marketable and attracts national attention, which of course = revenue. those players don't come along often.

true, but we cant have it both ways....

we cant say that Ellison will be a great owner because he will be willing to do ANYTHING to win

but at the same time say his decisions will be influenced by revenue.

Sure, in all likelyhood any owner will always consider both... but again, what we think makes Ellision special is his unique BURNING desire to win. So if he felt that trading Curry would achieve that goal, he would do it. Because after all... winning = money as well.

All Star
» Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:21 am
Unless we could establish some sort of immediate big 3 in Golden State, Curry is going nowhere. There's almost no way to get equal value for him back [Unless we get a premiere Olympic Team caliber player] .. His contract is cheap, he's very marketable, no tattoos [white ppl approve]... Curry has it all. He is the face of the franchise. I'm pretty sure whoever the new owner is will be smart enough to see that.

All Star
» Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:26 am
The idea of trading Curry.... FOR ANYBODY.... actually makes me physically ill.

All Star
» Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:29 am
Chum wrote:The idea of trading Curry.... FOR ANYBODY.... actually makes me physically ill.

Anybody not named Deron Williams, LBJ, or D-Wade

» Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:25 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
Chum wrote:The idea of trading Curry.... FOR ANYBODY.... actually makes me physically ill.

I'm sure I wouldn't trade him even for Williams. Though, LBJ and Wade must be tempting to anyone, but I think I would still rather have Curry than Wade, even though I really like D-Wade. Wade already has a lot of seasons behind him, and Curry just started, why would you trade a star in the making, for a star that is soon gonna start to decrease? And probably, Curry will soon enough have more impact on the team than Wade does now, mostly because he's a PG. I might be wrong, maybe Curry won't be near as good as Wade is, but still...I'd give him a chance.

And LBJ is a bit different story. I'm not his biggest fan, but he is deffinitely the biggest difference maker in the league. Any team he would play on would be a play-off team the moment he signed for it.

All Star
» Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:58 pm
Guybrush wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:

I'm sure I wouldn't trade him even for Williams. Though, LBJ and Wade must be tempting to anyone, but I think I would still rather have Curry than Wade, even though I really like D-Wade. Wade already has a lot of seasons behind him, and Curry just started, why would you trade a star in the making, for a star that is soon gonna start to decrease? And probably, Curry will soon enough have more impact on the team than Wade does now, mostly because he's a PG. I might be wrong, maybe Curry won't be near as good as Wade is, but still...I'd give him a chance.

And LBJ is a bit different story. I'm not his biggest fan, but he is deffinitely the biggest difference maker in the league. Any team he would play on would be a play-off team the moment he signed for it.

Lol, k this is when the Curry hype train is getting WAY out of hand. I love Curry as much as anyone, but if you could trade him for HANDS DOWN THE BEST PG IN THE LEAGUE [Deron Williams], than you are physically, mentally, and emotionally retarded.

D-Wade because he's the 2nd best player in the league.

Forgot Durant, would trade him for KD too.

LBJ is obvious.