What we all knew but someone finally said it... Ref bias

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:39 pm
So exceperts from Tim Donoghy's book about ref's preferential treatment. If its real and it most certainly seems real from you see on TV

http://deadspin.com/5392067/excerpts-fr ... e=true&s=x

Fact or fiction?
(remember the Laker Warriors game where Fisher pulled Monta down and we got called for a foul?)

YOU DECIDE!

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:42 pm
I found this part vey funny and reminds me of a certain player on our team.

“To have a little fun at the expense of the worst troublemakers, the referees working the game would sometimes make a modest friendly wager amongst themselves: first ref to give one of the bad boys a technical foul wouldn’t have to tip the ball boy that night.

“After the opening tip, it was hilarious as the three of us immediately focused our full attention on the intended victim, waiting for something, anything, to justify a technical foul. If the guy so much as looked at one of us and mumbled, we rang him up. Later in the referees’ locker room, we would down a couple of brews, eat some chicken wings, and laugh like hell.”

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:53 pm
I never needed this book or anything else because its a proven fact the nba has been rigging the outcomes of playoff results for many years now. The nba has altered the the history of the games results to a point I dont take serious come playoff time. Now the fact this book is out is great just cause it pisses off the nba bigwigs at the beginning of the season. I love it LOL!!!!!!!
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:55 pm
lol, he is full of shiit. "we would down a couple of brews, eat some chicken wings, and laugh like hell" what a douche - I bet that 90% of that book is sheer fiction.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:44 pm
yeah he's just trying to make money. sounds like some false ish.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:58 am
JREED23 wrote:lol, he is full of shiit. "we would down a couple of brews, eat some chicken wings, and laugh like hell" what a douche - I bet that 90% of that book is sheer fiction.

Ah the naysayers, You cant tell anyone their precious little hebrew national hotdog basket asscoiation is not fixed because they come with every little excuse like a lawyer or the lawyer commishener david stern.

I think 90 percent of your life is sheer fiction.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:01 am
Beast Mode wrote:yeah he's just trying to make money. sounds like some false ish.

Everything is done with dollars and sense involved like the nba when they they cheat its because their just trying to make money. It was gonna happen sooner or later that someone blows the whistle on them. Sorry if reality bothers you so much. Maybe you live a life where the grass is always green and the refrigerator is always full and when the dog takes a dump outside it doesnt stink.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:02 am
im not saying there wasnt collusion... but he's right... the "down a couple beers eat chicken and laugh about it" was kinda lame... **** isnt some secret club.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:07 am
Beast Mode wrote:im not saying there wasnt collusion... but he's right... the "down a couple beers eat chicken and laugh about it" was kinda lame... **** isnt some secret club.

Yea I thought he was a vegan,

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:12 am
the nba let these refs acts like a bunch of wanna be wiseguy gansters and in the end when the nba tried to screw them they got screwed. Sure the nba will come out smelling like roses but the real heads know whats up.

Like I said the nba is entertainment like the wwf of the 80's. I know its fixed but I still watch it.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:24 pm
oliver mcall wrote:Ah the naysayers, You cant tell anyone their precious little hebrew national hotdog basket asscoiation is not fixed because they come with every little excuse like a lawyer or the lawyer commishener david stern.
I'm not going to argue the unprovable, what's next - ALIENS? JFK? 9/11? I'm not discrediting any of these nor am I declaring a stance, I'm merely providing examples of conspiracy theories that we personally cannot prove. I'm pointing out that this guy is a douche who has nothing to loose - so why would anyone really listen to him? lol, his publisher dropped his book deal didn't they?

oliver mcall wrote:I think 90 percent of your life is sheer fiction.
As is all of our lives - including yours....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:28 pm
oliver mcall wrote:Like I said the nba is entertainment like the wwf of the 80's. I know its fixed but I still watch it.
And when did pro wrestling become legit? sometime in the late 90's or early 2000's, when it became the WWE? lol

Return to Warriors Basketball