2009 GStW.com Fantasy Football

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:26 pm
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:I think they all got intimidated when they saw that us 5 in this league. :mrgreen:

Might be. In that case, why don't we try to lure Bigs into this league?. He doesn't know a damn thing about football, so he cannot feel intimidated by us, right? :mrgreen:

hahahahaha :mrgreen:

hey, he might have beginner luck.... :shock:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:01 pm
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:I think they all got intimidated when they saw that us 5 in this league. :mrgreen:

Might be. In that case, why don't we try to lure Bigs into this league?. He doesn't know a damn thing about football, so he cannot feel intimidated by us, right? :mrgreen:

That would be cool. You don't really need to know anything to play, well... actually, all you need to know is the stats. Unless you want to get more technical about it, but it's not like we're playing for money.

Let's give it a shot. Lure in the Englishman!
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:44 pm
C'mon guys let's get more people! Where's Bigs? :mrgreen:

Well, here's the league info to get in...

League ID: 166186
Password: randolph4
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:36 am
xbay wrote:C'mon guys let's get more people! Where's Bigs? :mrgreen:

Well, here's the league info to get in...

League ID: 166186
Password: randolph4

It's a yahoo league, right?.

Because the site says the league is not registered...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:28 am
Are you sure? Cause it's there.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:04 am
i will join tomorrow
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:27 am
xbay wrote:Are you sure? Cause it's there.

Yep. At least it didn't work yesterday... I don't have time today, but I'll give it another try tomorrow, just in case I was doing something wrong.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:07 pm

hey xbay, if this league don't have enough people maybe we should invite other forum guys to join....yeah like basketball league last year...what do ya think...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:13 pm
GSW United wrote:

hey xbay, if this league don't have enough people maybe we should invite other forum guys to join....yeah like basketball league last year...what do ya think...

Yeah, that'd be great. Thanks for the idea.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:35 am
hey guys i was thinking something.... me and my friends are going to have a league as we do each year. We have had the same league for about 4 years now. So, what I was thinking was that it has many of the similar settings as the one this league is set up.

So, if I create that league with my friends and family, would you guys want to join that one instead of this one (as we do not have many players)? Last year, only 7 of my friends were able to join, so we added 3 random players to have more competition. To tell you how bad me and my friends are, the 3 randoms were in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in the league(Although i did have the best reg. season record).

Thoughts anyone?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:53 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:hey guys i was thinking something.... me and my friends are going to have a league as we do each year. We have had the same league for about 4 years now. So, what I was thinking was that it has many of the similar settings as the one this league is set up.

So, if I create that league with my friends and family, would you guys want to join that one instead of this one (as we do not have many players)? Last year, only 7 of my friends were able to join, so we added 3 random players to have more competition. To tell you how bad me and my friends are, the 3 randoms were in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in the league(Although i did have the best reg. season record).

Thoughts anyone?

Well, it'd be a BIG league. I mean, 12 teams are a lot to handle. If you have bad luck with injuries, you're done, because there's not much on the free agent pool to replace them

Still, better to pay that price than have only a 5 member league. I'd join for sure.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:03 am
TMC wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:hey guys i was thinking something.... me and my friends are going to have a league as we do each year. We have had the same league for about 4 years now. So, what I was thinking was that it has many of the similar settings as the one this league is set up.

Thoughts anyone?

Well, it'd be a BIG league. I mean, 12 teams are a lot to handle. If you have bad luck with injuries, you're done, because there's not much on the free agent pool to replace them

Still, better to pay that price than have only a 5 member league. I'd join for sure.

yeah, this is a crazy league... i edited the settings for this seasons league, so it wasnt as crazy as last season, but it is still pretty radical (it has Xbay written all over it). I already e-mailed all 10 participants from last year, to see if they want to join. I am guessing none of the 3 that i didnt know will rejoin. So we will see.

League Settings are as followed (NOTE... this can be changed a little, depending on how many participants join and opinion of player participants):

PLAYERS: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R, K, DEF, D, D, DB, DB, DL, DL, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR

Passing: 25 yards per point; 3 [bonus] points at 300 yards; 3 points at 400 yards; 3 points at 500 yards.... 6 points for TD, -1 for interception

Rushing: 10 yards per point; 3 [bonus]points at 120 yards; 3 points at 160 yards; 3 points at 200 yards... 6pts for TD

Receiving: 10 yards per point; 3 points at 100 yards; 3 points at 150 yards; 3 points at 200 yards... 6pts for TD

Return Yards: 20 yards per point; 3 points at 200 yards... 6pts per TD

APPLIES TO ALL PLAYERS: -1 points for fumble, -2 fumble loss

TEAM Defenses & defensive players:
Point totals are a little different from default, but similar. For example, if your team Defense gets a shut out, it is 20 points ie rewarding good defense (last year it was 30). More than 35 points, it is -5 (last year it was -10). Both still more extreme than the default settings.

If you want more info, let me know through PM so i can send you the URL and league password.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:24 pm
I'll join for sure and delete this one if no one wants to join. All I really wanted to add was flex options because they make the game so interesting. Send me a PM, Mr. C.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:08 pm
Yeah, me too. Send me a PM with the league data, Mr. C.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:58 am
Alright, since no one seems to want to join, I'll delete this league. Sorry, GSW... join up Mr. Crackerz league, though.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum