How I Would Fix This Team!!!..........MUST READ!!!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:28 am
Ooops..............ohh, so sorry...........Im not gonna do what the above title says..............Im going to list our achievements for this season, whether just statisitcal or not..............they are still achievments and Im just m*tha f*cking sick of seeing every other thread be about busting this team apart.

So, for anyone who wants to listen/read some positives for a change, here you go..............everyone else, well go ahead and make your next "I forget how long ago we were losing (or wasnt even a fan then) and demand a championship/deep playoff run, so we need to pull this trade and that trade"

1 - I made a thread about this a few weeks ago when Monta was on 19.8, and we got there - Warriors are the first team in 17 years to have 3 players average 20ppg or more........oddly enough, the last team to do it was our very own Run TMC in 1990-91.

2 - I also made a thread about this one a week or so ago - Warriors are the first team since the 1948-49 Lakers (wont call them the Fakers as I normally do because they were in Minny then) to lead the league in both points scored and points allowed..........not a great one but we are still going down in the record books if you look at the bright side of it. :mrgreen:

3 - Team Statistical Achievements - Warriors lead the league in forced turnovers - Warriors 8th in fewest turnovers committed - Warriors 5th in offensive rebounds per game - Warriors lead the league in both FG attempts and makes - Warriors lead the league in 3pt attempts and are 2nd in makes - Heres a big one = Warriors lead the league in MINUTES PLAYED and finally = Warriors lead the league in fast break points and point of turnovers

4 - Individual Player Statistical Achievements - Beans leads the league in FG% and is 6th in offensive rebounds - Baron is 2nd in steals, 6th in assists and 12th in scoring (oddly enough, tied with J-Rich on 21.8!!) - Monta 1st in the league among ALL GUARDS in FG% - Baron is 12th in Points/Reb/Assist totals (Im sure there are more but havnt quite collated them all yet)

5 - We finish 48-34.............6 more wins than last year, our most wins since 1993-94 and CHECK THIS OUT!!!...........only the 9th time in FRANCHISE HISTORY!!! that we have reached 48 wins or better!!!........and only the 6th time since the NBA went to 82 games in 1966-67............how about that???

Well.............those are the statistical achievements for the year (that I can see, feel free to add any you find)...........a nice collection if you ask me, especially the realisation of the record we have, given the amount of times we have reached this total of wins.

So, yes we didnt make the playoffs...........yes we fell apart at the end and shot our selves in the foot..............but I for one am extremely proud of this team AND FOR NOW!!! am still satisfied to even be within 1 to 2 games of making the playoffs (also the whole stacked conference and we are tied with 1971-72 Suns for the highest win total not to make the playoffs)...........after all these years of suffering/losing sub .500 seasons.

I say, Baron stays, Monta and Beans resigned, Azu resigned, S-Jax stays..............from there, I feel a big move coming that is going to put us back in the playoffs next year.

Peace, positivity, pride and celebration for what we have achieved to you all.

Edit - Wow..........look at all the pretty colours huh? :mrgreen:
Last edited by bigstrads on Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:38 am
bigstrads wrote:Ooops..............ohh, so sorry...........Im not gonna do what the above title says..............Im going to list our achievements for this season

haha... you got me reading til this point.

Panic, b*tch, panic!!! How you dare not to panic???

:mrgreen:

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:39 am
I think I read somewhere that Azu said he is leaving because the Warriors want to sign him for the minimum.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:41 am
The Coooach wrote:I think I read somewhere that Azu said he is leaving because the Warriors want to sign him for the minimum.

Something like that.

He's opting out because he's currently signed for the minimum. That doesn't mean he's leaving, just that he's gonna be a free agent and wants more money to stay a Dub.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:42 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Ooops..............ohh, so sorry...........Im not gonna do what the above title says..............Im going to list our achievements for this season

haha... you got me reading til this point.

Panic, b*tch, panic!!! How you dare not to panic???:mrgreen:

So you just want to read about all the negatives too??? NO!!!! THEY GOT TMC TOO!!! :mrgreen:

Anyway, what do you think of them all.........seriously? I think the record history is probably the biggest, in terms of realisation of our history and team.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:44 am
The Coooach wrote:I think I read somewhere that Azu said he is leaving because the Warriors want to sign him for the minimum.

Thanks Reggie............pick the only negative out of the WHOLE THING and hard work I went too.........real nice. :roll:

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:53 am
bigstrads wrote:

Thanks Reggie............pick the only negative out of the WHOLE THING and hard work I went too.........real nice. :roll:

that was not my intention, big. I was just passing on info I read about. i want Azu back as much as anyone.

I have given up being cotroverisial after all i've been through this year. I no longer voice my opinion because i don't want the controversy. i'm whipped out. That's why i have been lettingothers talk about Coach Nelson and i just say "agree". and i also learned to never mention Mikeal pietrus again in this forum, ha, ha.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:58 am
The Coooach wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

that was not my intention, big. I was just passing on info I read about. i want Azu back as much as anyone.

I have given up being cotroverisial after all i've been through this year. I no longer voice my opinion because i don't want the controversy. i'm whipped out. That's why i have been lettingothers talk about Coach Nelson and i just say "agree". and i also learned to never mention Mikeal pietrus again in this forum, ha, ha.

Okey doke, just felt that way...........cool...........I thought specifically you would like the franchise history/record one. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:00 am
bigstrads wrote:Thanks Reggie............pick the only negative out of the WHOLE THING and hard work I went too.........

Your fault. Be more careful next time. :mrgreen:

I don't have much to say about the whole topic, because I've already said it before.

I've enjoyed this regular season as much as I can possibly do. I don't remember another regular season like this one, and it's a shame that we didn't make the playoffs, but it's also a byproduct of an anomaly in the league, with one of the toughest western conferences ever.

As for the stats, nothing new there. We've been talking about them all year long. They're a direct consequences of the style we've been playing all year.
Last edited by TMC on Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:03 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Thanks Reggie............pick the only negative out of the WHOLE THING and hard work I went too.........

Your fault. Be more careful next time. :mrgreen:

I don't have much to say about the whole topic, because I've already said it before.

I've enjoyed this regular season as much as I can possibly do. I don't remember another regular season like this one, and it's a shame that we didn't make the playoffs, but it's also a byproduct of an anomaly in the league, with one of the toughest western conferences ever.

As for the stats, nothing new there. We've been talking about them all year long. They're a direct consequences of the style we've been playing all year.

Of course, the stats, I know thats nothing new..............I just wanted to finalise it all and put in an "achievment" sense.

But how about the historical record comparison? that hasnt been mentioned before..........puts things in perspective me feels. :wink:
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:58 am
I dont think anybody can deny this was a GREAT season and a very good record.

It's just so bitter not to reach the playoffs, I uderstand everybody is a little upset...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:11 am
freespree wrote:I dont think anybody can deny this was a GREAT season and a very good record.

It's just so bitter not to reach the playoffs, I uderstand everybody is a little upset...

Plenty are trying.........and all these bitching/moaning/excuses making threads just bore the living sh*t out of me..........makes it all so dull and repetitive.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:05 pm
bigstrads wrote:
freespree wrote:I dont think anybody can deny this was a GREAT season and a very good record.

Plenty are trying.........and all these bitching/moaning/excuses making threads just bore the living sh*t out of me..........makes it all so dull and repetitive.

Totally bigs, like I said before anyone who is "bitter" or "upset" must have only been a Warriors fan for 2 years...well, actually this season and the fianl 20 games of last season :mrgreen:
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:32 pm

Maybe he should stop playing in such a hesitant manner if he wants to start making demands like that.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:45 pm
well barnes is making 3 mil this year and buke making 700k lol hardly fair.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball