KG 2 BOSTON

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:36 pm
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7073708

So much for Mullin's master plan to get Garnett. Mullin needs to make a move now and get something done.

All Star
» Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:48 pm
Is this rumor or is this real?

Franchise Player
» Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:50 pm
Apparently the Celts wanna win now, which isn't a bad thing since Pierce is unhappy. With KG, they have Pierce and Allen to play along. He doesn't have to score all the time and be relied on. Losing Jefferson may prove costly, but just like I said before... Pierce is old and must win now just like how Baron is ballin' and blessed with injuries that'll shorten his career.

I'm thinking... even if this trade goes down, I have a feeling we may end up with KG at the end. Hey... it happened with Harrington, who knows?

Role Player
» Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:17 pm
i'm sad. lol

All Star
» Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:11 am
ok so i 've been thinking about this from minne's perspective.... al jefferson(ok he's a nice pf prospect that flourished in the east, however he's for from a given).... sebastian telfair(hold on now, this guy has never done anything, monta ellis has done more than he has in less minutes!) theo ratliff(duh its for cap relief)... gerald green(as intriguing as it might seem, he hasnt---again---- even proven as much as monta ellis).... so thats three unknown prospects(can you still call telfair a prospect?) so basically green, jefferson and an expiring contract for kg.... from minne's point of view, hell no..... you telling me ellis, most improved, wright, the ceiling he has, and harrington, a proven scorer is at the least not as good? again, mchale is on the crack pipe and it would be in minne's best interest to fire the son of a bitch!

Franchise Player
» Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:38 am
Yep, and that's the thing Mullin was waiting on. He gave McHale one hell of an offer, yet it just may turn out that he's going to shoot that down for a deal with much less unproven talent than what Mully was willing to give. This will be one lopsided deal when you truly look at it unless Green breaks out and Telfair finally fits in. Maybe Mully was waiting for McHale to make a stupid move so he could maybe possibly pull the trigger on another deal he was secretly working on.

In other words, it goes without saying... McHale is a genuine, grade A+, 4.0 GPA dumba$$ while Mullin must have been one of the most patient people to hang around.

Hall of Famer
» Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:20 am
Hey, from Minny's standpoint, I like Boston's offer a lot more than ours. I mean, Jefferson still has to prove himself in the West, but Wright has to prove himself in the NBA. Theres's no comparison between both of them. And that's the key for the trade, an inside guy that can replace KG. Minny already has several good outside players.

Of course, with this trade, Boston should be the favorite to win the east...

Starting Lineup
» Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:53 am
Mchale had three objectives 1. trade with a former Celtic 2. Ship KG out of Western Conference 3. Get a nice young big in return Shipping the J-Rich contract for a 10Million exception that won't land KG, pretty much was our white flag waiting for Mchale to exhale. On the bright side, Nellie sucks with bigs ... he will have a ton of interchangable parts, and we have leverage to tell BD to find a better deal elsewhere or come back for a reasonable contract. We got a lot of speed with Ellis, Biedrins, Pietrus, Bellini and BD and our front court of Biedrins, Wright, Harrington, Jackson is servicable and bench warmers Toby and Keleni should be fan favorites.

All Star
» Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:40 am
This is still a rumor and nothing more substantial.

Rookie
» Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:15 am
If the trade were to go down for Boston, I think the Warrior fans would be unhappy for about 5 minutes... we STILL HAVE MONTA ELLIS! Brandan Wright is hopefully going to turn into a younger version of KG... and we STILL HAVE MONTA ELLIS!

Sorry to be so repetitious, but we STILL HAVE MONTA ELLIS... this year is going to be super exciting getting to see the 21 year old blossom into a superstar...

Starting Lineup
» Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:22 am
No more KG, I guess... Maybe Wolves mare bluffing Mullin... :banghead: Nevertheless, it doesnt look like KG is coming to the Bay

» Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:58 am
:shock:

Did Boston just go from being a scrub basement team in the worst conference of NBA basketball... to having Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett, and Paul Pierce all on the same team. :shock: :shock: :shock:

NBA Champs. Easy. If this pans out, they'll destroy ANYONE. Its not even close. They're a point guard away from killing EVERYONE. The league's best shooting duo and GARNETT..?

Wow. Damn good job if you pull this off, Ainge.

Hall of Famer
» Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:14 pm
32 wrote::shock:

Did Boston just go from being a scrub basement team in the worst conference of NBA basketball... to having Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett, and Paul Pierce all on the same team. :shock: :shock: :shock:

NBA Champs. Easy. If this pans out, they'll destroy ANYONE. Its not even close. They're a point guard away from killing EVERYONE. The league's best shooting duo and GARNETT..?

Yep. Right now this would be Boston's roster:

PG.- Rondo / ?
SG.- Ray Allen / Tony Allen
SF.- Pierce / Gomes
PF.- KG / Powe / Scalabrine
C.- Perkins / ?

That team should win the east pretty easily... although they still need to sign a PG, at least. Maybe a bet like Brevin Knight (still unsigned, right?).

All Star
» Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:48 pm

How exactly can a team afford Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce? And the rest of the roster? Sounds like a luxury tax nightmare.

» Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:02 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:

How exactly can a team afford Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce? And the rest of the roster? Sounds like a luxury tax nightmare.

It sounds like 3 of the league's best 15 players (including, arguably, it's best player) all in the same starting lineup.

Right now, the best big 3 in the league is in New Jersey... and lets see how they fair against Boston's potential lineup:

Kevin Garnett > Jason Kidd
Paul Pierce > Vince Carter
Ray Allen > Richard Jefferson

That's pretty damn dominant.