Dwight Howard's Monster Season

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:57 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:If the TWolves are kept relatively intact, only getting rid of the unneeded player ofcourse (like Ratliff, Walker and either Telfair or Jaric) and building properly, then it will be seen what Jefferson can really do in regards to being a winner

I like their core. Brewer at SF and Jefferson at PF is a great couple to build around, and McCants is playing well at SG. They need a center and I have my doubts about Foye at PG, but they have a nice core of young players to build around.

Although, with McHale around, you never know...

Brewer is a pretty terrible shooter and I think Gomes, if he gets a bit better at least, could be more than capable of being the starting SF. Not sure about Brewer, he is a very good rebounder and that is a very attractive trait for a player, especially at SF, but if can't score well and efficiently, best they trade him while his hyped and get something good for him.

Foye has to become a good PG or he is rather useless there, being an energiser off the bench is the only role he could play if he doesn't become a real good PG.

Getting a real good Center is what they should look for in the upcoming draft, either by drafting one or getting the best player available and trading that player, either alone or in a package, for a good Center or PF that can play Center real good. Maybe they can draft a PG and trade him to Portland for Aldridge or something like that

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:15 am
migya wrote:Brewer is a pretty terrible shooter and I think Gomes, if he gets a bit better at least, could be more than capable of being the starting SF. Not sure about Brewer, he is a very good rebounder and that is a very attractive trait for a player, especially at SF, but if can't score well and efficiently, best they trade him while his hyped and get something good for him.

Come on. You can't judge him til a couple of seasons down the road. He's not shooting well (actually, pretty bad), but he adds a lot of things in other categories. Boards, defense... It would be a big mistake to trade him right now.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:36 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Brewer is a pretty terrible shooter and I think Gomes, if he gets a bit better at least, could be more than capable of being the starting SF. Not sure about Brewer, he is a very good rebounder and that is a very attractive trait for a player, especially at SF, but if can't score well and efficiently, best they trade him while his hyped and get something good for him.

Come on. You can't judge him til a couple of seasons down the road. He's not shooting well (actually, pretty bad), but he adds a lot of things in other categories. Boards, defense... It would be a big mistake to trade him right now.

I'd read that he has worked on his shot for years but still has problems so not sure how soon he wil fix it

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:07 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

I'd read that he has worked on his shot for years but still has problems so not sure how soon he wil fix it

Brewer has no perimeter game what-so-ever. His inside game is great, but his outside... meh. Just like at Florida, he was known as a defensive stopper and offensive rebounder. Give him couple years to develop a shot. If he can't then more power to your thoughts on him and the possibility of trading him.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:13 pm
If Brewer doesn't develop a jump shot he might now be able to co exist with Al Jefferson. Maybe he could but having two guys that can score well inside can be great but can also be a disaster as they could get in each other's way

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:33 pm
Thought I'd bump this thread. Howard has 64 rebounds (and counting, the game isn't over yet) in his last three games. Phenomenal.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:22 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Thought I'd bump this thread. Howard has 64 rebounds (and counting, the game isn't over yet) in his last three games. Phenomenal.

The guy's a monster, mo doubt about it and he'll probably lead the league in rebounding but unless his team gets back to what they were doing a few weeks ago (winning) he won't get MVP

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:46 am
Is he going to start in the All Star game? What is the voting totals so far?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:00 am
sleandres wrote:Is he going to start in the All Star game? What is the voting totals so far?

Yep, last time I checked, he had a big difference above Shaq.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:19 am
Dwight wil get the start over Shaq in the allstar game. In fact, Shaq might be injured for the allstar game

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:43 am
The guy is the next Shaq

except smaller

with a better work ethic

and better attitude
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:47 am
lakerfool wrote:The guy is the next Shaq

except smaller

with a better work ethic

and better attitude

And not quite as dominant, though he is doing a good job this season

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:58 am
migya wrote:

except smaller

with a better work ethic

and better attitude

He's only 22 though. I could see him getting as dominant by his peak.

Shaq at 23 (what Dwight will turn this season) was averaging 26.6-11-2.1. Dwight is averaging 22.9-15.5-2.8. Those are pretty comparable numbers. I'm not saying Dwight is as good (because he isn't, not yet at least) but there's a good chance he'll be as good eventually.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:16 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:

except smaller

with a better work ethic

and better attitude

He's only 22 though. I could see him getting as dominant by his peak.

Shaq at 23 (what Dwight will turn this season) was averaging 26.6-11-2.1. Dwight is averaging 22.9-15.5-2.8. Those are pretty comparable numbers. I'm not saying Dwight is as good (because he isn't, not yet at least) but there's a good chance he'll be as good eventually.

I had forgotten Dwight was 18 when he arrived. You are right, he is similar and though I don't think he'll ever be quite as dominant, he is very young and could be close by the end of his career

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:01 am

except smaller

with a better work ethic

and better attitude

I don't think Shaq had a bad attitude. Other than his free throws, where his lack of practice and focus (mainly focus... from what I read/heard, he worked a lot on his free throws, but never was able to make them consistently) hurt him his whole career, I think he did what he had to do to be the unstoppable force he was.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board