Smith out for season?

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:26 pm
Nolan needs to hire a new offensive coordinator before I forgive all of his mistakes. The defense is fine, but we knew that he was a defensive coach coming in. The offense has gotten worse EVERY year Mike Nolan has been here. That's abysmal. We need an established offensive coordinator to utilize our weapons. Jonas Jennings and Larry Allen make me believe our whole o-line can't be THAT pathetic, we have the most physically gifted TE in the business, and our RB is top of the line. We need a #1 WR, but Jackson and Battle can both pass for good #2's. And if we get a quarterback that doesn't absolutely suck, our offense looks halfway decent.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:37 pm
Well, that's pretty damn hard to do when most of the best coordinators get snatched up as head coaches in this day in age. He needs someone who will stay put, not leave the team at the drop of a hat to take a head coaching job (and then get fired a year or two later).
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:38 pm
Would you take Norv Turner back if he got canned...? :dontknow:

The way the Chargers are playing, that doesn't sound too far fetched...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:42 pm
You also need to improve your pass rush. Other than Lawson, nobody really looks half-decent in that department. Other than that, that D looks solid.

As for the offense, I'd say Hill should be given a chance to compete with Smith by next year... but I don't know what the front office may think. I think they'd like to give Smith another season to prove himself.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:45 pm
32 wrote:Would you take Norv Turner back if he got canned...? :dontknow:

The way the Chargers are playing, that doesn't sound too far fetched...

Turner won't be fired this year. Not after winning another AFC West title for San Diego. He was AJ's pick to be his head coach. He'll have to do A LOT worse than that to get canned.

Of course, he'd be a great addition for you, guys. Just can't see it happening.

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:53 pm
Talk down south on San Diego sports talk radio is that Turner will have at least two years. And yes, I'd take him back in a heartbeat. I think San Diego played over their heads last year, and teams really figured out that stopping the offense may be as simple as crowding the box to stop LT and forcing Rivers to beat you. Rivers, like lots of young QBs, makes his share of mistakes.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Previous

Return to Sports Board