Game Thread: Warriors @ Detroit Pistons 2007-12-16

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors beat the Pistons with Billups back in lineup?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:13 pm

YES
73%
NO
27%

Total votes : 15

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:18 pm
cladden wrote:Doesn't Wright just have the weirdest looking J? It's out of his hands before he jumps almost. He certainly can get it off though. Hope this can get him some tick in games we're actually in.

I think it should. He shot a solid FG%, and netted 10 points in 17 minutes or whatever. He's coming along offensively to match his rebounding ability.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:55 pm
Wright's proven that he produces with minutes. The problem is, so has O'Bryant... and look at him.

I hope they give him more tick. The kid is instant energy, always grabbing the loose boards, boxing out, sprinting up the floor, and finishes well, be it the midrange or closer. Also, he gets to the line a lot. If he continues to let the game come to him, his game will improve... and I hope his playing time will, too.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:02 pm
I agree. I think he's due for a 25 minute game.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:57 pm
Whenever he gets in the game, the team seems to do well. I am wondering about his plus/minus. Anyone have that handy?
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:19 pm
I don't think +/- is measured over a season, but I know that he was +1 during Detroit (despite having Croshere and Pietrus in the lineup when he played, who had -10 and -12 respectively).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:22 pm
What is his typical +/- during a game? I know he doesnt play much, but it would still be interesting to see.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:33 pm
Dunno. You really can't judge his +/-, especially with him playing with the garbage unit.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:17 pm
+/- meaning performance.
if + it's mean he doing good... :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:33 pm
+/- is the stat that indicates how the score changed (for your team) during the minutes a certain player is on the floor.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:09 am
The team needs to move on from this, just one game and the conditions were horrible for them. Good to see BWright and other bench players getting extended time. BWright definately did enough to earn those sort of minutes often

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:15 am
Only two players had a positive +/- stat for the Warriors yesterday:

Brandan Wright (+1) and Marco Belinelli (+1). :mrgreen:

And its not due to a lack of time. They both played around 16 minutes yesterday.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:23 am
The Warriors had no shot for this game, not with a back to back with Memphis ( a much more favorable match up). Detroit has the formula to beat the Warriors, milk the clock and shoot a high percentage as the shot clock expires. Since it kills the Warriors tempo, we get to see an arsenal of creative bricks from the likes of BD, Barnes and Jackson. Because of the contract situation our rotation is a mess. Pietrus is on the roster in case someone gets hurt or suspended but he has regressed from his first year (which I attribute to his dillusion of getting a monster contract with shooting threes and not team defense .. it may work in Miami). I still blame BD for the lack of development of Biedrins and possible all-star Dunleavy ... it hard for some players to get shots when their point guard is shooting bricks and doesn't stop despite a being cold. I know bashing BD is herasy, but the rest of the league know that BD is a coach killer and a volume shooter (a dreadful shooting percentage) and therefore not an all-star. I am still intrigued to see some form of lineup with Biedrins, Harrington, Wright, Jackson and either BD or Ellis depending the size of the other PG. I don't think we have a shot against the best teams with just Harrington or Biedrins in the middle.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:22 am
I was reading some satire on one of my favorite websites (The Best Page In The Universe), when Maddox wrote a line that I believe describes dareedle's posts perfectly:

Maddox wrote:Don't you retards think before you click "Send" that maybe someone on the other end is actually going to read your stupid, malformed emails some day? It's almost like there's a record full of incomprehensible bullsh*t playing in your mind 24/7, and you put the needle down randomly and whatever it picks up, you just type it up in an email and shoot it off to me, usually mid-sentence.
Previous

Return to Game Threads