Game Thread: Warriors @ Portland Trailblazers 2007-12-11

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors take one against Portland on a back-to-back night?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:10 pm

YES
14
82%
NO
3
18%
 
Total votes : 17

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:31 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I don't expect anymore than good solid defense, some rebounding and some scoring


He's not doing any of that, buddy. :wink:


Holy crap, guys! I cant believe we are actually arguing Pietrus' effectiveness on the court! He is a dumb piece of sh*t that has no buisness out there. He looks lost. Anybody, short of being blind, can see that.

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:04 pm
migya wrote: As long as he trys hard and plays his role I'll be happy


if you're happy with his "production" then you might as well lobby for nelson to sign me cuz i could hit one 3 grab 2 boards and give the other team the ball 2 times in less time than pietrus gets...and ill do it for 50 bucks a game :wink:

lets see..for 82 games thats a grand total of $4100. im sure mullin could pull that out of his pocket :mrgreen:
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:57 am
EMan32 wrote:
migya wrote: As long as he trys hard and plays his role I'll be happy


if you're happy with his "production" then you might as well lobby for nelson to sign me cuz i could hit one 3 grab 2 boards and give the other team the ball 2 times in less time than pietrus gets...and ill do it for 50 bucks a game :wink:

lets see..for 82 games thats a grand total of $4100. im sure mullin could pull that out of his pocket :mrgreen:


I'd do it for half of that. You gonna have to fight me for that spot. :mrgreen:

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:25 am
TMC wrote:
EMan32 wrote:
migya wrote: As long as he trys hard and plays his role I'll be happy


if you're happy with his "production" then you might as well lobby for nelson to sign me cuz i could hit one 3 grab 2 boards and give the other team the ball 2 times in less time than pietrus gets...and ill do it for 50 bucks a game :wink:

lets see..for 82 games thats a grand total of $4100. im sure mullin could pull that out of his pocket :mrgreen:


I'd do it for half of that. You gonna have to fight me for that spot. :mrgreen:


haha..ok you do it for 41 games and ill take the other 41. during your 41 ill just cheerlead like cabbages :wink:
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:50 am
EMan32 wrote:
TMC wrote:
EMan32 wrote:
migya wrote: As long as he trys hard and plays his role I'll be happy


if you're happy with his "production" then you might as well lobby for nelson to sign me cuz i could hit one 3 grab 2 boards and give the other team the ball 2 times in less time than pietrus gets...and ill do it for 50 bucks a game :wink:

lets see..for 82 games thats a grand total of $4100. im sure mullin could pull that out of his pocket :mrgreen:


I'd do it for half of that. You gonna have to fight me for that spot. :mrgreen:


haha..ok you do it for 41 games and ill take the other 41. during your 41 ill just cheerlead like cabbages :wink:


Deal. I'll be your Foyle for the 41 left. :wink:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:45 am
EMan32 wrote:
migya wrote: As long as he trys hard and plays his role I'll be happy


if you're happy with his "production" then you might as well lobby for nelson to sign me cuz i could hit one 3 grab 2 boards and give the other team the ball 2 times in less time than pietrus gets...and ill do it for 50 bucks a game :wink:

lets see..for 82 games thats a grand total of $4100. im sure mullin could pull that out of his pocket :mrgreen:



You are cheap, they can afford to pay much more than that :mrgreen:

I just don't see any other bench player doing more than him really, not the guys getting short minutes. As long as he defends and doesn't do anything he shouldn't he'll be alright
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:01 pm
But he's not defending. He's making dumb fouls and traveling every game.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:21 pm
Location: Menlo Park, California
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:13 pm
32 wrote:But he's not defending. He's making dumb fouls and traveling every game.


He certainly seems to have the lost the focus that he seemed to have early in the season. I'm not behind Pietrus any longer. Might be the mask screwing with him but he's not trying hard anymore.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:30 pm
cladden wrote:
32 wrote:But he's not defending. He's making dumb fouls and traveling every game.


He certainly seems to have the lost the focus that he seemed to have early in the season. I'm not behind Pietrus any longer. Might be the mask screwing with him but he's not trying hard anymore.


He started playing bad right before the mask went on, so that isnt the issue. I think, like you said, he isnt focused enough. I honestly wouldnt mind him sitting a couple games, see if he cant get his head on straight.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:52 pm
Good idea. But I doubt we'll see that happen. Like Crosshere, Pietrus is one of Nelson's rotation pets. It'll take a youngster majorly stepping up to replace him.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:48 pm
32 wrote:Good idea. But I doubt we'll see that happen. Like Crosshere, Pietrus is one of Nelson's rotation pets. It'll take a youngster majorly stepping up to replace him.


I dont understand why you dont like Croshere... he does everything you could expect out of him. Miggy goes on talking about what a good role player Pietrus is.... he isnt, while Croshere is. He is a guy that knows his limitations, can shoot the three, the mid range shot, can pound it inside and grab some rebounds, as well as play some nice defense.

As for a youngster replacing Pietrus, who do you think? Nobody gets enough playing time to prove himself. We really dont have a good young small forward, either. We are going to be stuck with Pietrus for a while. :|
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3610
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:15 am
oh please let belinelli replace him in the rotation... i watch almost every game (except the really early eastern time ones), i appreciate pietrus' heart. i read a couple of articles about him. he does a lot of community work which i appreciate because im from oakland. i also read a article about nelly praising him for the hard work in practice. HOWEVER, he doesnt seem to possess a high basketball IQ....
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:14 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I dont understand why you dont like Croshere... he does everything you could expect out of him. Miggy goes on talking about what a good role player Pietrus is.... he isnt, while Croshere is. He is a guy that knows his limitations, can shoot the three, the mid range shot, can pound it inside and grab some rebounds, as well as play some nice defense.

I'm not a fan of Crosshere because he's roadblocking a future star. Its like during Monta's rookie year, when Derek Fisher was the backup combo guard. That's what Crosshere is to Brandan Wright. If we didn't have a studly big man waiting in the wings for an opportunity, I'd probably think Crosshere was a damn good role player... but, unfortunately, every time Wright has an opportunity to prove himself with playing time (be it due to injury, fatigue to the starters, or tick in a blowout), Nelson always seems to give the minutes to Crosshere... and, really, Austin hasn't proved to me AT ALL that he's any better than Wright, so I think its a crime that Nelson plays him above Brandan. Its also worth mentioning that Wright will only get better. Crosshere won't.

sfsfsfgiants wrote:As for a youngster replacing Pietrus, who do you think? Nobody gets enough playing time to prove himself. We really dont have a good young small forward, either. We are going to be stuck with Pietrus for a while. :|

The flashy choice would be Marco Belinelli. If the kid could hit his shots, Nelson would put that sucker in every night. Marco litterally forced himself OUT of the rotation, at the beginning of the season. Unlike Wright (who is forced to earn every second of playing time), Marco was given the chance to play 10-15 minutes a night early... and blew it because he couldn't hit a jumper. Maybe now that the pressure's off, he'll start hitting them again (like in Detroit). If Marco becomes that deadeye three-point threat everyone thought he'd be, there's absolutely no reason to keep playing a chemistry-killer like Pietrus. Pietrus should be a spot player, like Foyle was, where Nelson plays him in a specific situation, but not in the rotation.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
Previous

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron