Game Thread: Los Angeles Lakers @ Warriors 2007-12-14

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounce back at home against the Lakers?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:22 pm

YES
75%
NO
25%

Total votes : 16

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:46 am
TMC wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
TMC wrote:I haven't read a single line of this thread since the game started. I'm currently downloading the game (hey, it was friday night. A freaking cold friday night, but friday night nonetheless...) so I'll post my thoughts after watching it.

Yeah, I know. It's fcking crazy these days with the weather. Idk, what's going on. Winter shouldn't be this cold in California.

I don't know how cold it is in Cali right now, but last night we had 26.6 degrees (fahrenheit, of course). You need a lot of booze to withstand a night like that. :mrgreen:

iono how cold it was tonight but last night (thursday night) was bout 38 degrees over here
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:56 am
EMan32 wrote:iono how cold it was tonight but last night (thursday night) was bout 38 degrees over here

That's also cold as f*ck. A bit less than here, but the difference is irrelevant. At that point, you also need extra help to keep you warm... :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:57 am
Great win! Just a great come back and the team continues to make it work and find the win.

The team keeps this up, they are definately making the playoffs and could even be the fifth seed, even fourth

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:37 am
Phillip threw the game. He could care less about winning a regular season game and he had scrubs in the start of the fourth instead of Bynum who was destroying our frontline. Both Bynum and Harrington cooled down by the fourth quarter. We were down by eight because Baron and Steve spent more time arguing calls and getting T's than actually playing D and moving feet. Beating a Kobe team with no Kobe in crunch time, is still a victory, an enjoyable victory, but just another regular season game. The Fakers missed a lot of foul shots late and we finally hit from three and that fortunate tip in from Biedrins did help. Overall, I see three positives. Ellis looks really good, his speed causes a lots of problems for PGs and really fuels our break. Secondly, Harrington has confidence. While his cohorts (pietrus, BD, Jackson) were bricking 1-5s his shooting kept us in the game. If he could only learn to rebound (yep lost cause) he would be Nellie's dream pF. Finally, we demonstrated the ability to play defense in the fourth quarter. Granted when we hit shots, our players can go back and set up the half court offense, but I will take a 21 point performance by the Fakers in the fourth quarter (after a back to back). I especially liked the defending the rim hacks by Croshere and Barnes. Playoff basketball isn't pretty but I rather have Turiaf shooting free throws than getting wide open dunks. While the Lakers have a solid 8-9 man rotation, Nellie has his top 5 (Harrington, Biedrins, Ellis, BD, Jackson) and no bench. (Barnes, Pietrus and Azu) are ok energy bench players but we are very capable of going 1-7 if we lose a starter.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:06 pm
Just finsihed watching my download of the game and all I have to say is..............................FFFFF************CCCCCCCCKKKKKKK YEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohh, and I hate the Fakers and there bitch ass flopping and special treatment of Kobe!!!! (Barons great block and reach in from behind that were called as fouls!!!)................he aint MJ!!! he never will be!!! so dont treat him with that kind of respect refs!!!

Few..................my heart is just starting to stop pounding after Barons high arching 3 bomb for the win!

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:44 pm
dareedle wrote:Phillip threw the game. He could care less about winning a regular season game and he had scrubs in the start of the fourth instead of Bynum who was destroying our frontline. Both Bynum and Harrington cooled down by the fourth quarter. We were down by eight because Baron and Steve spent more time arguing calls and getting T's than actually playing D and moving feet. Beating a Kobe team with no Kobe in crunch time, is still a victory, an enjoyable victory, but just another regular season game. The Fakers missed a lot of foul shots late and we finally hit from three and that fortunate tip in from Biedrins did help. Overall, I see three positives. Ellis looks really good, his speed causes a lots of problems for PGs and really fuels our break. Secondly, Harrington has confidence. While his cohorts (pietrus, BD, Jackson) were bricking 1-5s his shooting kept us in the game. If he could only learn to rebound (yep lost cause) he would be Nellie's dream pF. Finally, we demonstrated the ability to play defense in the fourth quarter. Granted when we hit shots, our players can go back and set up the half court offense, but I will take a 21 point performance by the Fakers in the fourth quarter (after a back to back). I especially liked the defending the rim hacks by Croshere and Barnes. Playoff basketball isn't pretty but I rather have Turiaf shooting free throws than getting wide open dunks. While the Lakers have a solid 8-9 man rotation, Nellie has his top 5 (Harrington, Biedrins, Ellis, BD, Jackson) and no bench. (Barnes, Pietrus and Azu) are ok energy bench players but we are very capable of going 1-7 if we lose a starter.

we have one of the deepest benches of the league, what the hell are you talking about?....

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:54 pm
mattiri wrote:
dareedle wrote:Phillip threw the game. He could care less about winning a regular season game and he had scrubs in the start of the fourth instead of Bynum who was destroying our frontline. Both Bynum and Harrington cooled down by the fourth quarter. We were down by eight because Baron and Steve spent more time arguing calls and getting T's than actually playing D and moving feet. Beating a Kobe team with no Kobe in crunch time, is still a victory, an enjoyable victory, but just another regular season game. The Fakers missed a lot of foul shots late and we finally hit from three and that fortunate tip in from Biedrins did help. Overall, I see three positives. Ellis looks really good, his speed causes a lots of problems for PGs and really fuels our break. Secondly, Harrington has confidence. While his cohorts (pietrus, BD, Jackson) were bricking 1-5s his shooting kept us in the game. If he could only learn to rebound (yep lost cause) he would be Nellie's dream pF. Finally, we demonstrated the ability to play defense in the fourth quarter. Granted when we hit shots, our players can go back and set up the half court offense, but I will take a 21 point performance by the Fakers in the fourth quarter (after a back to back). I especially liked the defending the rim hacks by Croshere and Barnes. Playoff basketball isn't pretty but I rather have Turiaf shooting free throws than getting wide open dunks. While the Lakers have a solid 8-9 man rotation, Nellie has his top 5 (Harrington, Biedrins, Ellis, BD, Jackson) and no bench. (Barnes, Pietrus and Azu) are ok energy bench players but we are very capable of going 1-7 if we lose a starter.

we have one of the deepest benches of the league, what the hell are you talking about?....

eventually you get use to ignoring his posts since 99% of them are full of nonsense.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:17 pm
daneedle predicted loss so he is just trying to justify/discredit the Warrior Win seeing that he is wrong again :mrgreen:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:23 pm
A win is a win, regardless... The Fakers dominated 90% of the game... and yet, on all of the news/sports channels... it shows Kobe brickin' & gettin' smacked around by B.Diddy and then Baron's 3 at the end.

:wink:
http://www.emceet.com | http://www.myspace.com/emceet | good times & bad, go warriors. | @emceet

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:24 am
EmceeT wrote:A win is a win, regardless... The Fakers dominated 90% of the game... and yet, on all of the news/sports channels... it shows Kobe brickin' & gettin' smacked around by B.Diddy and then Baron's 3 at the end.

:wink:

i wouldnt say the lakers dominated 90% of the game seeing that the warriors won three of the four quarters :wink:

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:09 am
EMan32 wrote:eventually you get use to ignoring his posts since 99% of them are full of nonsense.

And the rest is utterly unreadable due to the lack of structure. Who can read a full paragraph like that?. My attention span is not that big... :wink:

btw, I've already seen the game. I agree with other poster above (Jaypat?. I'm too lazy to look for it right now...) who said that he wanted to kill Baron for that three he took. Thank god he made it.

Still, I can't believe we won that game. That proves how competitive this team is. That's the kind of game that we would have lost any other year.
Previous

Return to Game Threads