Game Thread: Warriors @ Portland Trailblazers 2007-12-11

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors take one against Portland on a back-to-back night?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:10 pm

YES
82%
NO
18%

Total votes : 17

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:01 am
This thread has been hijacked to talk about Mikael Pietrus. I'll throw my two cents in about him. While Pietrus can at times be productive on the floor, my main problems with him are the fact that he is still not fundamentally sound on either end of the floor. He still reaches too much on defense and commits needless and silly fouls 35 feet from the basket. His positioning defensively is not very good either. For a player with his length and quickness, he should be a better defender than he is.

Offensively, his shot selection is not the greatest, but that might just be the fact that there is no such thing as a bad shot in this system. It just seems that he does take more ill-advised shots than most of his teammates.

I am not saying Pietrus is worthless or anything, but he has not improved on the mental aspect of the game and he does not do the fundamentally sound things that would help elevate his game another level. Unfortunately, I do not see that happening any time soon. He is nice off the bench but he will not be much more than that unless he can make the above changes to his game.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:06 am
I think its absolutely hillarious that the guy whose watched 4 games is so stubborn, he's arguing against people that actually DO watch the games. Its pathetically obvious that Pietrus plays with his head up his ass, and yet NO ONE can tell miggy about it. Even people that used to agree with him, such as TMC and EMan, aren't getting through to him. And best believe, when Pietrus has his Dunleavy-esque game, going 9-for-11, EVERYONE is gonna hear it from miggy, regardless of how bad he's been sucking all season. :mrgreen:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:11 am
32 wrote:I think its absolutely hillarious that the guy whose watched 4 games is so stubborn, he's arguing against people that actually DO watch the games. Its pathetically obvious that Pietrus plays with his head up his ass, and yet NO ONE can tell miggy about it. Even people that used to agree with him, such as TMC and EMan, aren't getting through to him. And best believe, when Pietrus has his Dunleavy-esque game, going 9-for-11, EVERYONE is gonna hear it from miggy, regardless of how bad he's been sucking all season. :mrgreen:

Dunleavy-esque game? :shock:

Has he ever gone 9 for 11?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:13 am
Dunleavy will suck balls for an entire month, than play a single game WAY over his head.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:15 am
32 wrote:Dunleavy will suck balls for an entire month, than play a single game WAY over his head.

Oh I see. I thought you meant that Dunleavy usually goes for 9-11 or whatever. 8)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:31 am
Good God, no.

Dunleavy is actually OUTPLAYING Pietrus this year. That's how bad that fool has been doing...

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:06 pm
migya wrote:
EMan32 wrote:
migya wrote:
O.G. Broe wrote:
migya wrote:Pietrus played well in his very limited time, making one of two threes as well :wink:

So he hit 1 3pt, Big F'n Deal, he also committed 2 TO's & had a crucial game changing Dumb Ass AND1 Foul :roll: This is a prime example of why your box score analysis sucks :!:

Is that broe hating :mrgreen:

Pietrus played pretty well and was efficient enough, more than most of the starters at least and he still gets hit on here

cuz watching the game, he really didnt play well at all. his decisions were horrible taking ill-advised shots and fouling people either at the wrong time or wrong way. he wasnt the least bit productive in this game. and i was one of the guys with you who was giving him props earlier in the season.

He scored and did his share to be productive. He is no star but the guy shouldn't be expected to do much more than what he is doing, especially in the short minutes he is getting

he also got his share of about 5 TOs that dont appear in the stat sheet simply cuz HE didnt have possesstion of the ball, rather his teammates did, or due to a bad shot. keep in mind that taking an ill advised shot the the other team rebounds is still a turnover that isnt put in the stat sheet. im sorry dude, but pietrus played horrible. stats wont tell you that. if he was being so productive im sure nellie woulda kept him in for longer...he only got so many minutes cuz harrington came off the court. im sure nellie dint want to put him in
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:51 pm
32 wrote:I think its absolutely hillarious that the guy whose watched 4 games is so stubborn, he's arguing against people that actually DO watch the games. Its pathetically obvious that Pietrus plays with his head up his ass, and yet NO ONE can tell miggy about it. Even people that used to agree with him, such as TMC and EMan, aren't getting through to him. And best believe, when Pietrus has his Dunleavy-esque game, going 9-for-11, EVERYONE is gonna hear it from miggy, regardless of how bad he's been sucking all season. :mrgreen:

This from the guy that absolutely loved dun and Murphy and was one of the only ones to stick up for dun regularly and still believe Murphy is a great rebounder that is a good player.

Pietrus is a player that produces in the time he gets. He is no star,we all know that and it has been said many times but he plays his role and doesn't go outside of that. The team just needs him to play a few minutes a game and play his role

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:54 pm
EMan32 wrote:
migya wrote:
EMan32 wrote:
migya wrote:
O.G. Broe wrote:
migya wrote:Pietrus played well in his very limited time, making one of two threes as well :wink:

So he hit 1 3pt, Big F'n Deal, he also committed 2 TO's & had a crucial game changing Dumb Ass AND1 Foul :roll: This is a prime example of why your box score analysis sucks :!:

Is that broe hating :mrgreen:

Pietrus played pretty well and was efficient enough, more than most of the starters at least and he still gets hit on here

cuz watching the game, he really didnt play well at all. his decisions were horrible taking ill-advised shots and fouling people either at the wrong time or wrong way. he wasnt the least bit productive in this game. and i was one of the guys with you who was giving him props earlier in the season.

He scored and did his share to be productive. He is no star but the guy shouldn't be expected to do much more than what he is doing, especially in the short minutes he is getting

he also got his share of about 5 TOs that dont appear in the stat sheet simply cuz HE didnt have possesstion of the ball, rather his teammates did, or due to a bad shot. keep in mind that taking an ill advised shot the the other team rebounds is still a turnover that isnt put in the stat sheet. im sorry dude, but pietrus played horrible. stats wont tell you that. if he was being so productive im sure nellie woulda kept him in for longer...he only got so many minutes cuz harrington came off the court. im sure nellie dint want to put him in

Thing is, he is not the only one that does that yet is the one that gets hammered on here the most. He comes out for short minutes and plays pretty well most of the time. He is not that smart on the court, no shiit, we all know that but he does play his role pretty well. In that game against the Blazers, everyone but Baron played badly

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:16 am
migya wrote:Thing is, he is not the only one that does that yet is the one that gets hammered on here the most. He comes out for short minutes and plays pretty well most of the time. He is not that smart on the court, no shiit, we all know that but he does play his role pretty well. In that game against the Blazers, everyone but Baron played badly

barnes played pretty well too.

pietrus' role is to defend and score. both of which he didnt do well at in the game. trust me...if you were watching, it would have frustrated you too. yes everyone had a bad game, but pietrus has been playing like this for at least 4 of the past 5 games...who knows, might have something to do with him wearing the mask
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:52 am
EMan32 wrote:
migya wrote:Thing is, he is not the only one that does that yet is the one that gets hammered on here the most. He comes out for short minutes and plays pretty well most of the time. He is not that smart on the court, no shiit, we all know that but he does play his role pretty well. In that game against the Blazers, everyone but Baron played badly

barnes played pretty well too.

pietrus' role is to defend and score. both of which he didnt do well at in the game. trust me...if you were watching, it would have frustrated you too. yes everyone had a bad game, but pietrus has been playing like this for at least 4 of the past 5 games...who knows, might have something to do with him wearing the mask

It is frustrating to watch him at times but I don't expect anymore than good solid defense, some rebounding and some scoring, I don't expect any star like things from him, it is not his role anyway. As long as he trys hard and plays his role I'll be happy

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:57 am
migya wrote:I don't expect anymore than good solid defense, some rebounding and some scoring

He's not doing any of that, buddy. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:20 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I don't expect anymore than good solid defense, some rebounding and some scoring

He's not doing any of that, buddy. :wink:

Then you haven't been checking in on the games :wink: He may not be getting alot of court time but he is producing reasonably in the time he gets

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:26 am
migya wrote:Then you haven't been checking in on the games :wink:

Other than game against the Lakers in LA, he's been pretty awful lately. 2 points and 2 boards against Miami in 12 minutes, no points and just 1 board against the Spurs in 19 minutes, 5 and 3 against Portland in 10...

I haven't seen yesterday's game yet (although it's already downloaded), so I can't comment on it, but he's been pretty awful lately. Even on stats, that usually were misleading and made him look like a better player than he really is. Lots of his mistakes do not appear on the boxscores.

I'm really starting to believe he might be the worst Warrior right now. Even MBenga seems to contribute more.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:35 am
Well Nelson keeps playing him so he can't be that bad but we'll see as the season goes on how bad he is

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads