Game Thread: Los Angeles Lakers @ Warriors 2007-12-14

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounce back at home against the Lakers?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:22 pm

YES
75%
NO
25%

Total votes : 16

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:32 am
I think Nelson discovered that Mbenga can hold Bynum down pretty well. Don't be surprised if he gets the start tonight...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:23 pm
I think we got this one after loosing to them in LA we are hungry, and have a lot of pride in our home court, the house should be rockin, I wish I was going.
Ws, by 10
Ive got a lunch bet on it...

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:25 pm
i'll be there. we are going to run, tonight - easy win

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:42 pm
The Warriors are due a win over the Lakers. For whatever reason they never play well against them but tonight will be different. Warriors win in comfortable fashion.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:06 pm
Were due. Come on Dubs!!!!

Warriors by 9

Marco makes a 3 in the 4th
BD: 25, 5, 10
Jackson: 20 pts
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:53 pm
32 wrote:I hope we take it, but I wouldn't be shocked to see the Lakers win it by 5.

I agree.

Bynum is a beast this year...
http://www.emceet.com | http://www.myspace.com/emceet | good times & bad, go warriors. | @emceet
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:56 pm
d1mex wrote:Marco makes a 3 in the 4th

:shock: That is bold. :mrgreen:

All seriousness, though, I hope Marco plays well. We all saw how intense he was after making that three against Portland. He needs to keep that up. I still think Marco can be a good NBA player, if he ever gets consistant playing time, something I dont think he will get here.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:16 pm
The Warriors can't beat the Fakers because we get worked by the likes of Sasha, Fisher and the human pest Turiaf. I don't like our chances with a healthy Odom and a missing Ellis. Kobe is Kobe, so it is pointless to guard him with BD or whoever, we can't let the other Laker bench warmers have career games which is what we have a tendency to do. Typically, we have Kobe dribble penetrate or a Luke or Odom pass to the interior for a high percentage shot. On the other hand, the Lakers pack in the middle and we see either Jackson, Ellis or BD do a 1 on 5 against the Fakers and get rejected by Odom or Bynum. Its like watching NC vs Loyola Marymount. The way to beat a run and gun team, is packing the paint defensively and in transition and shooting high percentage shots with solid ball movement (that triangle thing that works without that Smush character). Our reaching defense (our only type of defense) does not work when good passing forwards like Odom or Walton pass to the cutter or open wing man. The best strategy to beat the Lakers is to attack by Bynum and Turiaf with pick and rolls, dribble penetration feeds to cutters, and play good man on man on the non-shooters (Walton, Farmar, Turiaf). Walton is not a shooter, Farmar has no jump shot, Turiaf is a junk collector but can't dribble or shoot from the outside but is lethal every time Luke, Odrom, Bynum or Kobe get doubled team.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:37 pm
Sh*t, Pietrus is starting tonight..... Miggy, I want you to see one thing. I dont think that he is playing well, at all, yet you say it is because of his lack of playing time. I want you to watch him suck it up, then try and defend it. He is starting, so dont blame his lack of playing time.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:55 pm
I haven't said his recent play has been because of playing time, he is doing less because of decreased playing time obviously. He plays his role and does it pretty well, that's my point the whole time but I've said that many times, if you don't get it, that's with you

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:08 pm
migya wrote:I haven't said his recent play has been because of playing time, he is doing less because of decreased playing time obviously. He plays his role and does it pretty well, that's my point the whole time but I've said that many times, if you don't get it, that's with you

He doesnt play his role well, though. His turnovers and stupid play kill team chemistry. Honestly, he is a team killer. There is a reason that they started winning since they stuck him at the end of the bench. He sucks and kills them.

So far in the game, just so you know, he is 1-5 with two missed point blank layups and two ugly threes. Also, he has two fouls.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:27 pm
This game could end pretty bad with no Baron in the game. We really need to at least keep it close. This is where I wouldnt mind Marco in. Get him in the game and dish it out to him to get him some threes. LETS GO!
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:16 pm
man...incredible.

i look at the score board at 3:25 and lakers still lead 8 pts but when i came back from rest room after 5-10 the W's lead 4 pts at 0:16
i wondering what the hell going on in this 3 mins.

NICE REVENGE....

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:16 pm
B D......

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:17 pm
GSW United wrote:man...incredible.

i look at the score board at 3:25 and lakers still lead 8 pts but when i came back from rest room after 5-10 the W's lead 4 pts at 0:16
i wondering what the hell going on in this 3 mins.

NICE REVENGE....

TWO HUGE 3 from BD... that is what happened... and PROPS to Monta for leaking out and active hands
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads