Game Thread: Warriors @ Portland Trailblazers 2007-12-11

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors take one against Portland on a back-to-back night?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:10 pm

YES
82%
NO
18%

Total votes : 17

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:46 am
As expected, missed the game... At least, I can always count with SF3's recaps:

sfsfsfgiants wrote:Dammit Pietrus, you dumb ****. You act like a ****ing little child. "I've missed five straight threes and I have the ball. What should I do? Oh! I know! I will shoot the ****ing three!" Get the **** out of the league dumbass.

****ing game. Everybody played like ****, other than Baron. If I was Baron, I would be in every single ****ing person's face telling them just how ****ing terrible they played. Getting beat by the god damn Blazers. Holy ****, how does that even ****ing happen............

I'd read more of the ESPN recaps if they were like this one. :mrgreen:

From the boxscore (and what I've read here), seems like Portland didn't play really well. It was more us beating ourselves with an awful game. That happens from time to time... Let's take care of the Fakers and forget about this game.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:35 am
Pietrus played well in his very limited time, making one of two threes as well :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:30 am
Bad game. The Warriors did not play well at all and had chances in the third and fourth quarters to cut into the 8-10 point lead but every chance seemed to go by the wayside with a turnover or missed shot. The team was not in rhythm at all and credit has to go to Portland for slowing the Warriors down and playing their style.

Portland is an up and coming team but there are no excuses why the Warriors lost to them. Particularly without LaMarcus Aldridge in there. Defensively the Warriors did very little in terms of creating turnovers and in addition they allowed way too many offensive boards. I am very disappointed in last night's loss.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:44 am
mattiri wrote:hoonyo is the only one who seems to understand how things go in basketball. tonight's loss was very predictable in my opinion - against a young, motivated team, in their home, without ellis, in a back-to-back road game...

we'll take revenge on friday, that's for sure

whatever!!! if W's won last nite....u guys will say something else "oh nice win again" but they lost and u guys say different things....

i rather they have La marcus Aldridge and we have monta, so we could win.
If they have aldridge the game will totally different.Cuz the ball will on aldridge hand all the time and he still raw in the league so we could make him more TO,different with ellis on the floor at least we could use speed to buried them.
Frankly, We are better team than Blazers, but we play poorly last nite.
Thats the point.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:48 am
mattiri wrote:hoonyo is the only one who seems to understand how things go in basketball. tonight's loss was very predictable in my opinion - against a young, motivated team, in their home, without ellis, in a back-to-back road game...

we'll take revenge on friday, that's for sure

Dude, you know how many games Hoonyo predicts the Warriors are going to lose? He's bound to be right at least half the time. =D
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:31 am
migya wrote:Pietrus played well in his very limited time, making one of two threes as well :wink:

So he hit 1 3pt, Big F'n Deal, he also committed 2 TO's & had a crucial game changing Dumb Ass AND1 Foul :roll: This is a prime example of why your box score analysis sucks :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:15 pm
O.G. Broe wrote:
migya wrote:Pietrus played well in his very limited time, making one of two threes as well :wink:

So he hit 1 3pt, Big F'n Deal, he also committed 2 TO's & had a crucial game changing Dumb Ass AND1 Foul :roll: This is a prime example of why your box score analysis sucks :!:

I'd say Belinelli did better than Pietrus. Seriously, why the hell is this guy still here? MP2 needs to go.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:59 pm
BS game. Portland's playing WAY above their heads. Roy is averaging 27, 7, and 7 without Alderige??? Those are LeBron James kinda numbers. We hit him during an unstoppable hot streak. Warriors were in the wrong place at the wrong time, but they'll take the other 2 from the Blazers this year.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:14 pm
32 wrote:BS game. Portland's playing WAY above their heads. Roy is averaging 27, 7, and 7 without Alderige??? Those are LeBron James kinda numbers. We hit him during an unstoppable hot streak. Warriors were in the wrong place at the wrong time, but they'll take the other 2 from the Blazers this year.

True, but you gotta give some respect. Props to the Blazers for their good basketball. It wasn't too long ago that we were considered underdogs (in a certian playoff situation). And once Oden comes back, they're gonna be monstrous. The Aldridge-Oden frontcourt tandem could be tops in the league.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:59 am
O.G. Broe wrote:

Is that broe hating :mrgreen:

Pietrus played pretty well and was efficient enough, more than most of the starters at least and he still gets hit on here

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:56 am
what you have to understand is that even though pietrus looks good on the stat sheet, he sucks balls. Stupid fouls, stupid travels, and stupid mistakes that really mess up our rhythm. Of course hes gonna hit a three once in a while to try to redeem himself but then he just becomes stupid dumb 'ol petey again. You can't see stupidity on the stat sheet. That's why everyone but you knocks him all season long.

His basketball IQ is not on par with the rest of the team. Athleticism yes, but intelligence, I think not.
DUBBBIN’ !
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:05 am
PVWarriorFan wrote:what you have to understand is that even though pietrus looks good on the stat sheet, he sucks balls. Stupid fouls, stupid travels, and stupid mistakes that really mess up our rhythm. Of course hes gonna hit a three once in a while to try to redeem himself but then he just becomes stupid dumb 'ol petey again. You can't see stupidity on the stat sheet. That's why everyone but you knocks him all season long.

His basketball IQ is not on par with the rest of the team. Athleticism yes, but intelligence, I think not.

I've got four Warriors games from this season and he played pretty well in all of them.He made mistakes, like other players did, but played well. I am watching a bit of the Toronto game again right now actually and Pietrus done some good things, that dunk on the baseline being a highlight

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:31 am
migya wrote:
O.G. Broe wrote:

Pietrus played pretty well and was efficient enough, more than most of the starters at least and he still gets hit on here

cuz watching the game, he really didnt play well at all. his decisions were horrible taking ill-advised shots and fouling people either at the wrong time or wrong way. he wasnt the least bit productive in this game. and i was one of the guys with you who was giving him props earlier in the season.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:39 am
EMan32 wrote: i was one of the guys with you who was giving him props earlier in the season.

When we were losing. The less he plays, the better for the team...

If given his minutes and shots, he'll get some good stats. But he's still a cancer to get rid of (as a player, of course. I kinda like him other than that, looks like one of the funniest guys on the team and so on... but he's usually detrimental for the team when he's on the court).
Last edited by TMC on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:25 am
EMan32 wrote:
migya wrote:
O.G. Broe wrote:

cuz watching the game, he really didnt play well at all. his decisions were horrible taking ill-advised shots and fouling people either at the wrong time or wrong way. he wasnt the least bit productive in this game. and i was one of the guys with you who was giving him props earlier in the season.

He scored and did his share to be productive. He is no star but the guy shouldn't be expected to do much more than what he is doing, especially in the short minutes he is getting

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads