Game Thread: Los Angeles Lakers @ Warriors 2007-12-14

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounce back at home against the Lakers?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:22 pm

YES
75%
NO
25%

Total votes : 16

All Star
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:22 pm
Los Angeles Lakers (13-8) @ Golden State Warriors (12-10)

Start time 7:30 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Matt Barnes
C - Al Harrington

Probable starters for the Los Angeles Lakers
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Derek Fisher
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Luke Walton
PF - Lamar Odom
C - Andrew Bynum

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (22.8) | K. Bryant (27.2)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.9) | A. Bynum (9.7)
APG - B. Davis (8.3) | K. Bryant (5.1)
SPG - B. Davis (2.5) | K. Bryant (2.0)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.4) | A. Bynum (2.0)
Last edited by krome on Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:28 pm
we are at HOME..babe....we can beat any teams in the league when we play home game.
I believe we can kick their buttt this time.

Revenge and BEAT LA....

W's by 10 :wink:

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:12 pm
revenge!!! :evil: :mrgreen:

lakers are on the back end of a back to back. dubs by 7
Last edited by E-Man on Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:21 am
Should be a win as the teamlost to them just days ago and played bad last game. I expect lots of run and gun and swarming defense!

Warriors by 15

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:33 am
Luke Walton looks like someone from the Brady Bunch in that pic...

Time for the pay off!!!. Hope the team learned from their mistakes in our last game and they can win this one. Actually, I believe they'll do.

Dubs by 12.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:53 pm
The Warriors need to continue their great play at home. Eventually the shhoting has to get better, and there is no better time than at home against the Lakers. Warriors by 7.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:32 pm
As much as I want a win tomorow night, it aint gonna happen. I really dont think that they are overall talented enough to beat the Lakers, right now.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:32 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I really dont think that they are overall talented enough to beat the Lakers, right now.

But we are talented enough to beat San Antonio, Miami, Houston, Phoenix, almost Orlando..............???

The Fakers are just a solid consitent team, with 2/3 players that you can rely on night in night out, the rest can blow hot or cold...................

The Warriors are an up and down team, who can beat anyone on one night and lose to anyone on another, with many players that can win you the game one night but lose it the next (Ie: S-Jax against the Spurs vs S-Jax againts Portland)

As much as I loathe the Fakers (refuse to call them by there real name)............I think this one will be a little beyond us..............ohh and theyve got a pretty decent coach too.

Yes Im a pessimist, yes GSW United probably hates me and will probably start chanting inane ramblings at me...............but atleast I can only be surprised and not disapointed.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:46 pm
I think we will come out pissed off after how badly we played against portland, and LA 2 games ago and kick the **** out of them.....at least i hope so :?
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:04 pm
The Lakers are to us as we are to Dallas.

Every game, we SHOULD beat the Lakers. Every year, we have better chemistry, better players, and are usually on a hotter streak... and EVERY time, the Lakers just seem to make us look uncomfortable. LA, as with Utah, is a mismatch and this game worries me. We frustrate teams like Houston, Detroit, and Dallas, but it would be ignorant not to acknowledge when another team rattles us. LA, along with the Jazz, know something about us that seems to work.

I hope we take it, but I wouldn't be shocked to see the Lakers win it by 5.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:12 pm
32 wrote:The Lakers are to us as we are to Dallas.

Every game, we SHOULD beat the Lakers. Every year, we have better chemistry, better players, and are usually on a hotter streak... and EVERY time, the Lakers just seem to make us look uncomfortable. LA, as with Utah, is a mismatch and this game worries me. We frustrate teams like Houston, Detroit, and Dallas, but it would be ignorant not to acknowledge when another team rattles us. LA, along with the Jazz, know something about us that seems to work.

Yeah it's tough. It's the makeup in the NBA, as every team has its good and bad matchups (except Minny and Seattle, they just suck period).
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:14 pm
There is no way Fakers will always win against us.Let Baron prove to Kobe that he is capable to bring the team win over Fakers.
I have good feeling W's will win tomorrow game.Coz is in worldwide channel ESPN.SO, we will play 120% to let the world know W's is not a fluke for what they did in playoff last year. :wink:

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:33 am
JayPat wrote:

Yeah it's tough. It's the makeup in the NBA, as every team has its good and bad matchups (except Minny and Seattle, they just suck period).

i think its the coaches. sloan and jackson have pretty much had their way with nellie.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:00 am
EMan32 wrote:
JayPat wrote:

i think its the coaches. sloan and jackson have pretty much had their way with nellie.

The only reason I'd disagree is because Jackson is a coach whose biggest impact is made before and after the game. He can manage players. He's not a great X's and O's guy, he doesn't make the best substitutions, and he doesn't REALLY know when to call a time out. Sloan, maybe, but Jackson definitely hasn't outcoached Nelson.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:17 am
32 wrote:
EMan32 wrote:
JayPat wrote:

The only reason I'd disagree is because Jackson is a coach whose biggest impact is made before and after the game. He can manage players. He's not a great X's and O's guy, he doesn't make the best substitutions, and he doesn't REALLY know when to call a time out. Sloan, maybe, but Jackson definitely hasn't outcoached Nelson.

Well, I think that Jackson knows how to motivate his players before a game, and that's what counts. For whatever reason though, we can't seem to win, and Bynum usually "blows up" (20 points is his career high) against us.
Next

Return to Game Threads