Game Thread: San Antonio Spurs @ Warriors 2007-12-11

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors bounce back against the Spurs?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:02 pm

YES
47%
NO
53%

Total votes : 15

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:20 pm
Good win. Just shows how good of a team the warriors really are, even if the Spurs were sans Duncan. They had beaten Utah and Dallas without Duncan too so definately a good win.

Nice to see he dubs get a win when they don't shoot as well as they usually do. They definately won this one with Defense and scrappiness.

Pretty much shut down Ginobli to which I think is the best accomplishment seeing how well he has been playing.

Hopefully they can follow this up with a win against portland tomorrow (Of course it would be oh so warrior like to lose it)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:21 pm
nickdakoolkat wrote:
migya wrote:Great win. Good to see no Duncan. That second quarter won it and the team has now shown they can pretty much beat any team in the nba. The good performances are continuing and the team is not only looking like a playoff team but a top five and even four seed

apparently you were typing your post the same time as me, typing pretty much the same thing "2nd quarter won it" ...great minds think alike

:wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:54 pm
YESSSSSSSSSSS

I still keep my record....did i told u guys, everytime i went to W's game we will never lose.

on the way back home,we all booing spurs fans ahahahhaha what a fun.

i never doubt about W's. Why some of u guys saying spurs by 11
spurs by 6
so annoying, we all W's fans there is no way we say other team will win the game.

When they play in Oracle, there is no excuse 'oh they had our numbers'

there is bullsh1t....we can beat all the team when we play in Oracle.

VIVA W's. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:58 pm
Nice win and terrific defense in the 2nd quarter. Holding the Spurs to 12 points and forcing 8 turnovers in that quarter was awesome.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:34 am
Great game. One thing though. Why was Andris not given more time? He could do no wrong out there. I don't get it. He can run the break as well as Harrington really.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:48 am
cladden wrote:Great game. One thing though. Why was Andris not given more time? He could do no wrong out there. I don't get it. He can run the break as well as Harrington really.

I would have to agree. Fitz said in the postgame that players that executed got rewarded with minutes. But I felt this wasn't the case with Andris. It seemed Barnes played a ton (though he was hustle as usual) but Pietrus looked lost, that could have been more minutes for Andris...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:08 am
GSW United wrote:I still keep my record....did i told u guys, everytime i went to W's game we will never lose.

Don't you ever dare to NOT go to another game, William. :wink:

Great win. As migya and sfsfsfsfsfsfsfsfgiasfsfsfsants (too many sfsfsfsf, bro) said, the second quarter won it for us. Of course it would have been a different game with TD available for the Spurs, but still, it was a pretty good win, stopping both Parker and Ginobili. Bonner had his career night, but hey... if we have to allow someone to have a career night, better Bonner than any other.

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:39 am
Great win last night! The first quarter was a bit sluggish and was played at the Spurs pace, but as others have mentioned, the second quarter was all Warriors all the time.

Excellent contributions from Biedrins and Azubuike off the bench. These two really sparked the team in both halves. One thing I really like about this Warriors team is that they have depth. You can go 8-9 deep on any given night and different players can and will step up big that day. It is comforting to know that if Baron or Stephen Jackson have so-so evenings that others like Barnes, Harrington, Monta and others can pick up the slack.

One thing that is concerning to me a bit is the minutes and health of Baron. He seems to go down hard at least once a game and his minutes are right around 41-41 per game which is an awful lot. I would like to see him get rested more during games when possible. I would hate to see Baron get injured or simply be run down. Right now, he seems a bit tired out there on the floor. That is not to say a tired Baron is not good. I am just saying it looks like he could use some rest. I hope Nellie can and will find some time to sit him down during games over the next month or so.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:45 am
ChicagoTom wrote:One thing that is concerning to me a bit is the minutes and health of Baron. He seems to go down hard at least once a game and his minutes are right around 41-41 per game which is an awful lot. I would like to see him get rested more during games when possible. I would hate to see Baron get injured or simply be run down. Right now, he seems a bit tired out there on the floor. That is not to say a tired Baron is not good. I am just saying it looks like he could use some rest. I hope Nellie can and will find some time to sit him down during games over the next month or so.

Well, he's playing less the last few games. 34 against the Spurs, 37 against the Lakers, 32 against Milwaukee... His average is still around 39-40 minutes, but Nellie is reducing that amoung in the last few games. At least in those games in which we don't need him that much.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:07 am
Im shocked...............just finished watching the game after downloading.............wow, all through second half I was expecting a burst from the Spurs but it never really happend, except for when they had there zimmerframe guys out there, which was weird (did you hear Jim say that at one point the average age of players on the floor for the Spurs was 35! against the Warriors 24!)

Excellent team defense, help came, people were closed out on, great hands in the lane to get turn overs.............amazing, loved it...........great to think that they beat Dallas and Utah without Duncan and we make them look like a complete one man team!! Would have been very different if Duncan had played...........Ohh well!!! Bring on Portland and Im very up for the Fakers on friday!!! I want there heads on a stick!!!!! GRRRRRR.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:13 am
bigstrads wrote:Im very up for the Fakers on friday!!!

I'm also really pumped up for that game. It couldn't come at a better time, after our loss against them the other day.

I'm pretty sure I won't be able to watch the game against the Blazers (as usually when we play bad teams). I just hope that isn't the case against LA.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:21 am
Seriously, when I sat down last night to watch the game... I thought I was getting ready to see another one of those games where the Warriors fall apart, as the Spurs slowly pull away and eventually end the game with a 15 point lead.

The Dubs made San Antonio look BAD last night. Seriously. Everytime the Warriors had an opportunity to make the Spurs look outright foolish, they did it. My favorite moment of the game was hearing Ginobli squeal, "He hit me in the face, dog!" at a referee, and then showing a slow motion replay of Manu sailing past Harrington without even a HINT of contact. Fuckin cry baby. Hats off to the officials who, by now, seem to take Ginobli's constant bitching and moaning into consideration. Without Duncan's constant pining, that team doesn't have NEARLY as much pull with the ref's.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:09 am
However,we did make Bonner look like a superstar, but the other teams like DJ MBenga.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:52 am
I can live with Bonner putting up a weird, KG-like double double when Parker and Ginobli look like middle schoolers.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:24 pm
32 wrote:I can live with Bonner putting up a weird, KG-like double double when Parker and Ginobli look like middle schoolers.

Agreed, with our zone we have to pick our Defensive battles...I think we chose the right ones obviously.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads