Game Thread: San Antonio Spurs @ Warriors 2007-12-11

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors bounce back against the Spurs?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:02 pm

YES
47%
NO
53%

Total votes : 15

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:21 pm
migya wrote:
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:The mighty Spurs are looking like champions again. If Duncan plays, Spurs most likely will win but if he doesn't, the team likely will beat the Spurs. I remember the game the team won against the Spurs at the Oracle last season so it is not like we can't beat them. The run and gun and swarming defense has to be in full effect for the team to win.

I disagree. I'm not sure if you watched the game that we won, but Biedrins was the key factor in that victory, matching Duncan's performance. We didn't really use a whole lot of small ball. In order to win, Biedrins must produce big-time. I expect him to get some big tick.

I've got that game still. Right now, the team wins with small ball and the run and gun, swarming defense game

That's definitely true, but the Spurs have clobbered our small ball consistently. The only exception was when Biedrins had a huge game. That's what we will need (if Duncan plays). The Spurs have figured out how to beat smallball, so that's why we need Biedrins to step up.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:03 pm
Really glad to see no Tim Duncan out there. Now, we have a chance in the game. They really need to keep the role players off the stat sheet. Barry, Bonner, Finley, guys like that cannot dominate the game. So far, Bonner has. They need to keep up the intensity, as this game is winnable. GO AND GET IT!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:35 pm
Wow, 16 point game at half, who woulda thunk? Man, everyone is hot. They really need to keep up the pressure, though, as San Antone is a real team.

For anyone wanting Marco to play, this might be your game. He is dressed. Whether or not he plays remains to be seen, though.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:15 pm
After all the BS games the Dubs lost while SJax was on suspension, they deserve games like this. Thank you Tim Duncan for not playing tonight.

BtW, we're up by 15, but Baron's shooting 5 for 16 and SJax is shooting 4 for 13? We're fortunate.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:30 pm
I love Stephen Jack but is it me or has he been turning the ball over a lot lately!?!?
Born and raised in the muthaf***'n 808 /
Now I reside in the Golden State!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:42 pm
richtek9 wrote:I love Stephen Jack but is it me or has he been turning the ball over a lot lately!?!?

He has a tendency to turn the ball over if he is dribbling it upcourt or through traffic. His best skill is when he can pass it without putting the ball on the floor, or as little dribbling as possible. That pass that he made to Biedrins behind the back was an example of this: not a lot of dribbling, but enough to draw the defense. He can certainly pass.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:43 pm
3 minutes left, 11 point lead. If this game goes to a game of free throws, I DO NOT want Ellis, Davis, Jackson, any of them shooting them. Bring in Croshere and Hudson. I, for one, am willing to live and die with them at the line.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:51 pm
That was hilarious, at the end of the game when Marco came in. People started chanting, "Shoot the Three! Shoot the Three!" It would have been so awesome if he would have made it. People like him, though. Too bad Nellie doesnt.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:52 pm
bench played well, 9 TO's to the spurs 21..14 steals..5 players in double figures..good stuff

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:52 pm
Marco... shooooots..... BRICK :banghead:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:54 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:That was hilarious, at the end of the game when Marco came in. People started chanting, "Shoot the Three! Shoot the Three!" It would have been so awesome if he would have made it. People like him, though. Too bad Nellie doesnt.

Nellie likes him as much as he like Wright... plus there isn't much PT for him, even with only 2 minutes he still missed his defensive assignment..got lucky...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:04 pm
Great win. Good to see no Duncan. That second quarter won it and the team has now shown they can pretty much beat any team in the nba. The good performances are continuing and the team is not only looking like a playoff team but a top five and even four seed

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:05 pm
BIG WIN!!!! The 2nd quarter won it for us tonight, as well as the defense the entire game. This one definitely makes up for the Lakers loss...lets beat the young and talented blazers 2morrow!!!
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:06 pm
migya wrote:Great win. Good to see no Duncan. That second quarter won it and the team has now shown they can pretty much beat any team in the nba. The good performances are continuing and the team is not only looking like a playoff team but a top five and even four seed

apparently you were typing your post the same time as me, typing pretty much the same thing "2nd quarter won it" ...great minds think alike
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:07 pm
woo! i think this was a much needed win. prevent a 2 game losing streak and keeps our confidence from dropping after the loss to the lakers. next victim...portland
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads