Darren McFadden
14%
Tim Tebow
71%

Total votes : 7

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:19 pm
Simple - who do you guys think should win the Heisman this year?

I really don't think any of the candidates has a air tight case for them but I think they all could win it. As much as I'd like to see Brennan get it I don't think he will since he didn't get it last year when his numbers were even better. McFadden would be my vote but his early struggles knock him down. Still, I'd vote for him. Tebow has the best overall numbers but his team still only went 8-3 after winning the title last year. Daniels has a case too but coming up short to Oklahoma when it mattered the most kills his case.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:21 pm
I voted for Tebow. He dominated the tough SEC. They need to get over the team success thing of it. Had Missouri beaten Oklahoma, I guarantee you that Chase Daniel would have won it, but right now, Tebow is the man.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:29 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I voted for Tebow. He dominated the tough SEC. They need to get over the team success thing of it. Had Missouri beaten Oklahoma, I guarantee you that Chase Daniel would have won it, but right now, Tebow is the man.

I voted for Tebow as well. I would also have to agree about Chase Daniel...I wish Dennis Dixon hadn't gotten hurt, I though the Heisman was all his!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:30 pm
sleandres wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I voted for Tebow. He dominated the tough SEC. They need to get over the team success thing of it. Had Missouri beaten Oklahoma, I guarantee you that Chase Daniel would have won it, but right now, Tebow is the man.

I voted for Tebow as well. I would also have to agree about Chase Daniel...I wish Dennis Dixon hadn't gotten hurt, I though the Heisman was all his!

He should be, as he probably will be, going to New York as an honorary mention. I think that they all know that he had a great chance of winning it, with his team's success and all, had he not gotten hurt. That was a shame. I like the Bay Area boys. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:31 pm
Dennis Dixon was my favorite player this year.

I went with Tebow as well. Just thought McFadden was inconsistent at times.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:33 pm
Out of all of them, McFadden will be the best pro. He has that mix of running, catching, and passing that will make him great. I will compare him to Brian Westbrook: not dominating the statsheet, but helping the team win by doing everything.

*EDITED* Ooooh, 2400 posts. :bday: :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:58 am
Best pro===> McFadden. No doubt. But that doesn't mean he also has to be the Heisman.

I'd love to see Brennan getting it... but I doubt it happens. Probably Tebow.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:43 pm
McFadden's the best NFL player, but Tebow is getting the trophy. 50+ TD's is no joke.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:53 pm
TMC wrote:I'd love to see Brennan getting it... .

No way. Hawaii gets no respect from anybody, especially with their situation now, not getting to be in an awesome bowl game. Not enough competition.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:01 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
TMC wrote:I'd love to see Brennan getting it... .

No way. Hawaii gets no respect from anybody, especially with their situation now, not getting to be in an awesome bowl game. Not enough competition.

Hence the comment about my doubts... :wink:

I was just saying that I'd like to see Brennan getting it, but I know it'd be quite a miracle.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:25 am
It is stupid how bias the voting gets towards the Eastern seaboard, though. If Brennan played at Penn St. or some other school of that ilk he'd be the frontrunner and would be working on his second Heisman. The only school that media people know about West of the Mississippi is USC.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:38 am
I am torn on this.

The Heisman is SUPPOSED to reward the "Best Player" in college football. Not the most valuable and not who had the best stats, but simply the best player. Obviously that has morphed into "the best player, who put up great stats on a team that won and he was the most valuable to that teams success"

I dont know who I would vote for yet but I would classify it like this:

Best Player = McFadden (throw out stats and winning and stuff like that, McFadden can do it all and is the best player in the country)
Best statistical player = Tebow (first player in the history of college football to throw for 20+ TD's (29) and rush for 20+ TD's (21). That is 51 TD's in arguable the best conference in college football)
Most Valuable= Chase Daniel (without him, they are a worse than average football team)[/b]

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:21 pm
Colt is such an interesting guy. He came out of Southern California's Mater Dei (was on the same team as Matt Leinart) and went to the University of Colorado where he got himself in a load of trouble

Brennan originally joined the University of Colorado football team in 2003 as a walk-on. He spent the year as a redshirt.

On January 28, 2004, Brennan entered the dorm room of a University of Colorado coed uninvited and, according to the coed "exposed himself and fondled her."Brennan, who was intoxicated at the time of the incident, was arrested and eventually pleaded guilty to charges of burglary and trespassing, but a guilty verdict for unlawful sexual contact was vacated by the court for lack of evidence. After the incident, which was caught up in the middle of the time when CU was flooded with other accusations of sex crimes and revelations of wild recruiting parties involving Colorado football players, Brennan was almost immediately kicked off the team.

He ended up at Saddleback Community College (15 minutes from my house) and set many of the school's passing records. He then transfered to Hawaii and put up two incredible years.

He's had a rough time from HS to where he is now, and I'm hoping he ends up as a solid NFL player.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:16 pm
Thunder wrote:It is stupid how bias the voting gets towards the Eastern seaboard, though. If Brennan played at Penn St. or some other school of that ilk he'd be the frontrunner and would be working on his second Heisman. The only school that media people know about West of the Mississippi is USC.

If he went to Penn State and put up the stats that he did at Hawaii, no doubt he would be the Heisman winner. I really hate the east coast biased, though, in every sport. It gets really old hearing about the Yankees, Red Sox, Patriots, and Ohio State every time I turn on the TV.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:32 pm
Tim Tebow won it. Which was fine. I wouldn't have minded if it went to Darren McFadden either. Colt Brennan and Chase Daniels go 3-4, respectively. This opens the door for younger guys like freshman and sophomore at a chance to win the Heismann if they dominate like Tebow did. The thing is that Tebow did it in the best conference.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Next

Return to Sports Board