Game Thread: San Antonio Spurs @ Warriors 2007-12-11

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors bounce back against the Spurs?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:02 pm

YES
47%
NO
53%

Total votes : 15

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:02 pm
San Antonio Spurs (17-3) @ Golden State Warriors (11-9)

Start time 7:30 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the San Antonio Spurs
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Tony Parker
SG - Michael Finley
SF - Bruce Bowen
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Francisco Elson

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (23.2) | M. Ginobili (21.2)
RPG - A. Biedrins (10.2) | T. Duncan (8.9)
APG - B. Davis (8.5) | T. Parker (6.9)
SPG - B. Davis (2.4) | M. Ginobili (1.8)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.5) | T. Duncan (1.8)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:03 pm
Duncan is questionable with a sprain ankle....but they always seem to have our number.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:09 pm
Spurs are the best team in the league and they're good against us. I think Spurs by 11.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:28 pm
If we're lucky. We've been shooting cold the past 2 games. I think if Duncan plays, they'll take it by 15+.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:40 pm
I think we're due...so i say we will get the win, but Im not confident at all in my prediction....
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:57 pm
don't worry...we going home and there is no way any teams can beat us in oracle arena....even spurs or boston.

W's by 9

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:16 pm
i really thought we could beat LA tonight. anyway, the spurs are no matchup for us - it will be a blown away. spurs by more than 20
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:26 pm
I also think Nellie is just trying to **** with krome lately. Maybe if you stop predicting starting lineups, he'll actually stick with one. :wink:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:11 am
32 wrote:I also think Nellie is just trying to **** with krome lately. Maybe if you stop predicting starting lineups, he'll actually stick with one. :wink:

Which would mean he checks this site to see how he can screw up Krome's predictions. Manifest yourself, Nellie!!! :mrgreen:

As for the game, the Spurs are one of the teams that know how to play us and don't try to beat Nellie at something other than their own game. Tough game for us. I'd be surprised if they don't win by 10, at least (of course, everything changes if TD can't play... it would still be a tough game, but more winnable).

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:19 am
hopefully duncan doesnt play. that way jackson can concentrate on manu and ellis on parker. other than that we dont have to worry too much. if duncan plays then ill say we lose by 8 even though i have SOME faith we might be able to pull it out with duncan there. without duncan i say warriors by 5 in a nail biter
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:22 am
The mighty Spurs are looking like champions again. If Duncan plays, Spurs most likely will win but if he doesn't, the team likely will beat the Spurs. I remember the game the team won against the Spurs at the Oracle last season so it is not like we can't beat them. The run and gun and swarming defense has to be in full effect for the team to win.

Spurs by 14

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:58 pm
It is a game that all hinges on Duncan's playing. If he is playing, Spurs by 15. If he isnt, it could be close, Spurs by 2. This could get really ugly, though.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:33 pm
migya wrote:The mighty Spurs are looking like champions again. If Duncan plays, Spurs most likely will win but if he doesn't, the team likely will beat the Spurs. I remember the game the team won against the Spurs at the Oracle last season so it is not like we can't beat them. The run and gun and swarming defense has to be in full effect for the team to win.

I disagree. I'm not sure if you watched the game that we won, but Biedrins was the key factor in that victory, matching Duncan's performance. We didn't really use a whole lot of small ball. In order to win, Biedrins must produce big-time. I expect him to get some big tick.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:16 pm
i am going to the game...hehehe free ticket from my manager.

i am guarantee we will win this game....so far,everytime i went to the game W's always win the game...so it will repeat again... :wink:

u will see...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:51 am
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:The mighty Spurs are looking like champions again. If Duncan plays, Spurs most likely will win but if he doesn't, the team likely will beat the Spurs. I remember the game the team won against the Spurs at the Oracle last season so it is not like we can't beat them. The run and gun and swarming defense has to be in full effect for the team to win.

I disagree. I'm not sure if you watched the game that we won, but Biedrins was the key factor in that victory, matching Duncan's performance. We didn't really use a whole lot of small ball. In order to win, Biedrins must produce big-time. I expect him to get some big tick.

I've got that game still. Right now, the team wins with small ball and the run and gun, swarming defense game

migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Game Threads