Game Thread: Miami Heat @ Warriors 2007-12-07

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Heat snap out of their funk against the Warriors?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:05 pm

YES
11%
NO
89%

Total votes : 19

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:27 am
This is what I love about Baron Davis! He was quiet all game and stepped up BIG TIME in the 4th hitting 3 massive three pointers! Buike had an amazing 4th as well scoring 11 points that quarter, including a clutch tip in with around 2 minutes remaining. Ellis also hit clutch free throws and made an awesome and1 circus shot! Harrington also came alive at the start of the 4th hitting a few shots/layups.

Overall, I didn't like the game so much. We played terrible for the 1st 3 quarters. Lucky we had a good 4th quarter and came away with the victory.
PWN3D!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:02 am
P-Forty21 wrote:Overall, I didn't like the game so much. We played terrible for the 1st 3 quarters. Lucky we had a good 4th quarter and came away with the victory.

Every team, no matter the skill level, needs some lucky wins to take them over the edge. If we barely make the playoffs, I am going to look back at this game as the one that set us up. This was a lucky as hell win, but I, for one, will take it.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:26 am
Man, that was a bad start. Good thing I didn't have to sit through the whole game to see the end.

I came in during the fourth, W's down by ten. And (with me watching naturally), the W's started their 24-4 run. (Then, I proceeded to watch the Tivoed game.)

W's are going to have game like this, with poor shooting, as we saw the other night. But, its great to see them continue to work the whole game. And especially to pull out the win.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:24 am
migya wrote:
GswHoop wrote:
ChicagoTom wrote:I expect the Warriors to win this game tonight and win it rather easily. If they let the Heat stick around though with Wade in the 4th quarter he could work his magic and upset the Warriors. I do not think that will happen, but if the Warriors get a chance to turn out the lights on them with a few early spurts, they need to do just that and finish them off.

I am going to guess that Nellie will start small tonight and try to guard Shaq with Al and company on the block. Biedrins will come off the bench. Just my guess.

tru, i also believe that will win 2night.
should be like the bucks game.

Welcome to the forum GswHoop

Thanx migya

What a game.. I would have never thought the warriors would be trailing against heat, especially by 18?! That 4th quarter was so amazing, I couldnt kept still.
cant believe they won!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:39 pm
mattiri wrote:riley gave us this game by not playing his big men in the 4th.

Agreed. I kept waiting for Shaq or Zo to come jogging to the scorers table, but the Warriors kept inching closer and closer to the HEAT and Riley never switched it up. I believe that had O'Neal played the 4th, we probably wouldn't have won.

We'll take it. But, goddamn, what was Riley thinking?!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:44 pm
32 wrote:

He had an issue with Nellie. He needed to make a point that he could beat us, could beat Nellie. He wanted to prove to last night. It just bit him in the ass.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:39 pm
CjR wrote:Great, great game! Nobody should ever doubt what this team can do. But this hot and cold shooting from game to game is nerve-racking.

cladden wrote:Why did they play small ball in the end again? I thought Shaq/Mourning abused us all game when they were in.

They did, but maybe Riles thought they had the best chance of keeping the lead by going small, because we were still trying to push. When we caught up, it was too late ‘cause we already had the momentum. If he had changed, it probably would have been a liability for them defensively and on FTs.

Totally agree. The warriors had a lead already and would have resorted to a, "hack a shaq" when necessary... also shaq would give up too many turnovers...

I don't call the warriors lucky this game, they played pretty good defense and scrapped their way to victory.

That's me :D
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:08 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
32 wrote:

He had an issue with Nellie. He needed to make a point that he could beat us, could beat Nellie. He wanted to prove to last night. It just bit him in the ass.

If this is even true, and the Heat fans from the forum heard about this, there will be more people asking Riley to step down as a coach.

BTW, congrats to the team.
a.k.a. 33 & 3

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships." --- Michael Jordan

"My main objective was not to succumb, but to overcome." --- Alonzo Mourning
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:17 pm
33 & 3 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
32 wrote:

If this is even true, and the Heat fans from the forum heard about this, there will be more people asking Riley to step down as a coach.

I have no basis for it, as it is just my opinion on it. You can tell that he didnt like the way Nellie was outsmarting him, and he had too much pride to win it his way. He needed to beat Nellie at Nellieball, just to show it could be done.

One thing I thought was kind of wierd was that there was no Croshere at all last night. He has been pretty good lately.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:19 pm
great game. took my nephew to his first NBA game and he gave up on the dubs at the 3rd
any way the heat played well along with some breakdowns on d for the warriors, but they were 85% from the line and came up with stops towards crunchtime

damn, now i really hope we get this next one on sunday
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:23 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
33 & 3 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
32 wrote:

I have no basis for it, as it is just my opinion on it. You can tell that he didnt like the way Nellie was outsmarting him, and he had too much pride to win it his way. He needed to beat Nellie at Nellieball, just to show it could be done.

One thing I thought was kind of wierd was that there was no Croshere at all last night. He has been pretty good lately.

Oh well... The fans already have enough reason to dislike Riley as a coach at the moment.

I really like Capt Jack last night. I maybe cheering for the Heat but I can't help but be amaze with his game.
a.k.a. 33 & 3

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships." --- Michael Jordan

"My main objective was not to succumb, but to overcome." --- Alonzo Mourning
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:07 pm
GswHoop wrote:
migya wrote:
GswHoop wrote:
ChicagoTom wrote:I expect the Warriors to win this game tonight and win it rather easily. If they let the Heat stick around though with Wade in the 4th quarter he could work his magic and upset the Warriors. I do not think that will happen, but if the Warriors get a chance to turn out the lights on them with a few early spurts, they need to do just that and finish them off.

I am going to guess that Nellie will start small tonight and try to guard Shaq with Al and company on the block. Biedrins will come off the bench. Just my guess.

tru, i also believe that will win 2night.
should be like the bucks game.

Welcome to the forum GswHoop

Thanx migya

What a game.. I would have never thought the warriors would be trailing against heat, especially by 18?! That 4th quarter was so amazing, I couldnt kept still.
cant believe they won!!

Basically it was the 10-0 run at the start of the game by the Heat that was the difference throughut the game as the lead was about ten the whole way until the fourth quarter

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:33 pm
ronald dregan wrote:great game. took my nephew to his first NBA game and he gave up on the dubs at the 3rd

ha thats funny. my nephews started praying...then at the end of the game one of em said "they won becuz we prayed". yeah i was rollin
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:50 pm
33 & 3 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
33 & 3 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
32 wrote:

Oh well... The fans already have enough reason to dislike Riley as a coach at the moment.

I really like Capt Jack last night. I maybe cheering for the Heat but I can't help but be amaze with his game.

What's the HEAT's fan's issue with Riley...? I, personally, have never liked the guy and figured him to be a glory vulture after pushing Stan Van Gundy out of a job... but I figured the hometown fans loved him. Whats the deal?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:16 am
I love that the Warriors are finally the type of team that can play pretty bad basketball and still win games. It used to always happen the opposite...they would play pretty well and ALWAYS find a way to lose (at least 44 or 45 times per year). I always hear good teams win close games...I guess it is safe to say they are a damn good team!
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads