Game Thread: Miami Heat @ Warriors 2007-12-07

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Heat snap out of their funk against the Warriors?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:05 pm

YES
11%
NO
89%

Total votes : 19

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:01 pm
OH MY GOD BUIKE!!!!! What the hell dont you do!? 21-4 run!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They really need to keep this lead. They cant lose this game. Good defense will win this game. If they need clutch free throws, I want Croshere or Hudson shooting them. LETS GO!
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:09 pm
GAME IS OVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

YES...hell of team in 4th qtr

unbelievable....

That's what we called '4th qtr of the year'....

BRAVO BRAVO... :D
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:10 pm
Love this game. Played like **** most of the way, and Miami plays great. Still we're just the better team and take it in the end.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:12 pm
Why did they play small ball in the end again? I thought Shaq/Mourning abused us all game when they were in.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:03 am
Pat Riley looked sick at the end of the game...I almost felt bad for them seeing as how they played the best 3 quarters of the year and blew it in the 4th, but then I realized as a Warrior fan we have experienced waaaaay worst so no sympathy! Baron really led us in the 4th hitting lucky 3's and slowing down Wade in the last 3 minutes...I was going absolutely nuts the last 5 minutes of the game! :) :mrgreen:
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:06 am
riley gave us this game by not playing his big men in the 4th. we'll take it, we get to 11-8 - same record as the lakers - and we get ready for a nice steal on sunday in LA
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:09 am
Great, great game! Nobody should ever doubt what this team can do. But this hot and cold shooting from game to game is nerve-racking.

cladden wrote:Why did they play small ball in the end again? I thought Shaq/Mourning abused us all game when they were in.

They did, but maybe Riles thought they had the best chance of keeping the lead by going small, because we were still trying to push. When we caught up, it was too late ‘cause we already had the momentum. If he had changed, it probably would have been a liability for them defensively and on FTs.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:12 am
EMan32 wrote:maybe i shouldnt even bother putting shaq in the lineup for one of my fantasy leagues. if shaq plays he definitly wont get more than 15 minutes. the way the heat are playing right now and the way the warriors are playing, i dont see the warriors losing this one. not unless ricky davis and wade each go off for 30+. even then, 60 from those two and 15 from haslem only makes 75. the rest of the heat will have to step up big.

warriors by 7

6 minutes off on shaqs PT, 10 pts off of ricky davis, wade went for 33 5 pts short on haslem...

but the most important...WARRIORS WIN BY 7!!!!
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:15 am
nickdakoolkat wrote:Pat Riley looked sick at the end of the game...I almost felt bad for them seeing as how they played the best 3 quarters of the year and blew it in the 4th, but then I realized as a Warrior fan we have experienced waaaaay worst so no sympathy! Baron really led us in the 4th hitting lucky 3's and slowing down Wade in the last 3 minutes...I was going absolutely nuts the last 5 minutes of the game! :) :mrgreen:

you call em lucky...i call em CLUTCH!!!
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:59 am
EMan32 wrote:
nickdakoolkat wrote:Pat Riley looked sick at the end of the game...I almost felt bad for them seeing as how they played the best 3 quarters of the year and blew it in the 4th, but then I realized as a Warrior fan we have experienced waaaaay worst so no sympathy! Baron really led us in the 4th hitting lucky 3's and slowing down Wade in the last 3 minutes...I was going absolutely nuts the last 5 minutes of the game! :) :mrgreen:

Call em what you want, he is fricken awesome in the last two minutes, as is Jackson and Azubuike.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:59 am
EMan32 wrote:

*EDITED* DOUBLE POST.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:51 am
cladden wrote:Why did they play small ball in the end again? I thought Shaq/Mourning abused us all game when they were in.

I'm guessing the pace just eventually wore their bigs down...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:10 am
coltraning wrote:

I doubt that. Shaq played 20 min (or so... I haven't checked the real amount) and Zo barely over 10. They can't be so tired to not even enter the game. I think it was a tactic. Riley thought that playing our game would be easier to keep their lead... and discovered the hard way how wrong he was.

As for ourselves, Baron had an amazing 4th quarter, on both sides of the court. Let's not forget he had to deal with Wade in the defensive end, and he did a wonderful job on him.

Also, the Heat team looked a bit tired. We probably were lucky they had to play at Portland the previous day.

And props to Monta for that three point play with 2 min on the clock. It was a tough shot, but it sealed the deal for us.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:15 am
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:

I doubt that. Shaq played 20 min (or so... I haven't checked the real amount) and Zo barely over 10. They can't be so tired to not even enter the game. I think it was a tactic. Riley thought that playing our game would be easier to keep their lead... and discovered the hard way how wrong he was.

As for ourselves, Baron had an amazing 4th quarter, on both sides of the court. Let's not forget he had to deal with Wade in the defensive end, and he did a wonderful job on him.

Also, the Heat team looked a bit tired. We probably were lucky they had to play at Portland the previous day.

And props to Monta for that three point play with 2 min on the clock. It was a tough shot, but it sealed the deal for us.

iono...i think the bigs might have been tired due to the fact that they played last night. if i was coaching the heat, once i saw the warriors getting inside more during he 4th quarter, i would have put zo back out there at least just to alter shots. then again, thats just me.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:31 am
Great come back win after a pretty bad game all up. I was waiting for the run to happen though and expected it a little earlier than it did. This was the sort of win the team needed to really show that they are for real and can face adversity. Really don't see much wrong with the team right now, they are winning even when they get outrebounded and out shot. The team right now is looking somewhat a contender and it is unbelievable

migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads