Game Thread: Milwaukee Bucks @ Warriors 2007-12-05

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors continue their success against the Bucks?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:23 pm

YES
96%
NO
4%

Total votes : 24

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:51 pm
Last night's game is the only point in time Mbenga looked like a basketball player. 7 boards and 3 swats in 13 minutes of tick. Not bad, but he's gotta make that sort of production more frequent to warrant playing time over O'Bryant.

Speaking of the Chef, that final half of the second quarter was the frontcourt squad, baby! Wright and O'Bryant finally got tick together and the result was pretty impressive. O'Bryant knocked down a couple jumpers from 18 feet, showing off his range, while Wright hit his head on he rim slamming down that lob from Troy Hudson. Athletic freaks with insane skills. I can't wait until those two are in there with Baron, Jack, and Monta, making plays. Brandan woulda had 2 assists in 6 minutes if Patty didn't drop his dime inside. Likewise, O'Bryant would have had 10 points if she caught all the passes thrown to him. They're both still a little green, but obviously skilled.

Who else held onto their seat when Brandan THREW down that ally-oop...? Obviously, he didn't steal Dunk of the Night away from Monta's oop, but it was pretty damn impressive never the less...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:47 pm
As I said in another thread, Mbenga really impressed me last night. This is how they expected him to play all along. He stayed within himself and didnt try and do too much. Great game, DJ. :D
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:02 pm
32 wrote:Last night's game is the only point in time Mbenga looked like a basketball player. 7 boards and 3 swats in 13 minutes of tick. Not bad, but he's gotta make that sort of production more frequent to warrant playing time over O'Bryant.

Speaking of the Chef, that final half of the second quarter was the frontcourt squad, baby! Wright and O'Bryant finally got tick together and the result was pretty impressive. O'Bryant knocked down a couple jumpers from 18 feet, showing off his range, while Wright hit his head on he rim slamming down that lob from Troy Hudson. Athletic freaks with insane skills. I can't wait until those two are in there with Baron, Jack, and Monta, making plays. Brandan woulda had 2 assists in 6 minutes if Patty didn't drop his dime inside. Likewise, O'Bryant would have had 10 points if she caught all the passes thrown to him. They're both still a little green, but obviously skilled.

Who else held onto their seat when Brandan THREW down that ally-oop...? Obviously, he didn't steal Dunk of the Night away from Monta's oop, but it was pretty damn impressive never the less...

Personally, I was especially impressed by the ridiculous height he reached with his jump + long arms to grab that ball and slam it down. He has major athleticism and already has the shot mechanics, just needs to improve consistency. Also, he showed off a good handle and passing as he took the ball down a couple times.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:28 pm
JayPat wrote:
32 wrote:Last night's game is the only point in time Mbenga looked like a basketball player. 7 boards and 3 swats in 13 minutes of tick. Not bad, but he's gotta make that sort of production more frequent to warrant playing time over O'Bryant.

Personally, I was especially impressed by the ridiculous height he reached with his jump + long arms to grab that ball and slam it down. He has major athleticism and already has the shot mechanics, just needs to improve consistency. Also, he showed off a good handle and passing as he took the ball down a couple times.

Yep. Made me go, Dwight Howard... is that you? The amount of air he covered was insane.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:10 pm
d1mex wrote:Well take this one easy. Jack will limit Redd. Yi will have a big game. But we should win this no problem.

Warriors win by 12
Croshere gets 11 in garbage time
T-Hud with 6 in garbage time
Wright plays most of 4th

I noticed no one had given you props on the BOLD predictions. Ever think about playing the lottery :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:57 pm
sleandres wrote:
d1mex wrote:Well take this one easy. Jack will limit Redd. Yi will have a big game. But we should win this no problem.

Warriors win by 12
Croshere gets 11 in garbage time
T-Hud with 6 in garbage time
Wright plays most of 4th

I noticed no one had given you props on the BOLD predictions. Ever think about playing the lottery :wink:

Yea, great guessing d1mex :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:17 am
xbaywarrior wrote:
JayPat wrote:

Yep. Made me go, Dwight Howard... is that you? The amount of air he covered was insane.

Well, we already knew that Wright was an athletic freak. I mean, come on. The kid beats more guards running up the floor. But those passing skills, the length that always creates problems for the other team, the ability to finish... those are all very promising bonuses that should earn him some non-garbage floor time.

For real, Wright has only played with 6 minutes left in the 4th for the past few times he's seen action. I think he could do a lot more damage with a playmaker like Baron around him. I mean, 6 minutes next to HUDSON and he looked like the real f'n deal.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Game Threads