Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:57 pm
And we have Harrington. 8) :-s :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:41 pm
JayPat wrote:Yeah, but they have Garnett. 8)

The Celts big three are superstars, our are not but sometimes play like it

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:37 pm
migya wrote:
JayPat wrote:Yeah, but they have Garnett. 8)

The Celts big three are superstars, our are not but sometimes play like it

We can say this about our "Big Three." Jackson and Davis are consistant as hell, giving you great minutes every game. Ellis, when hot, can be one of the better players in the league. If he can get that shot going down consistantly, it will make every basher against him because of his size, eat their words right there on the spot.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:41 pm
well SMB is better than big 3...that's the truth just look at the numbers..babe...also SMB not only stand for s-jax,Monta and Baron

but SMB also stand for 'small ball'...nice.. :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:40 am
The difference between the Warriors is that you could subtract both "Big 3's" from the equation and the Warriors would stomp Boston out. Take away Garnett, Pierce, and Allen... and then take away Baron, Jackson, and Ellis... and we still have Harrington, Biedrins, and Barnes, not to mention youngsters like Wright and O'Bryant.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:38 pm
Yeah, Mullin built a playoff team with the huge trade last year. We are contenders w/o mortgaging our future. You could argue that the Celtics are much better than the Warriors, but a playoff team is just a playoff, until the win the championship. Look at Dallas version 2006-07. If the Celtics do not win a title in the next three years, then all the money they are shelling out is pointless.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:08 pm
32 wrote:The difference between the Warriors is that you could subtract both "Big 3's" from the equation and the Warriors would stomp Boston out. Take away Garnett, Pierce, and Allen... and then take away Baron, Jackson, and Ellis... and we still have Harrington, Biedrins, and Barnes, not to mention youngsters like Wright and O'Bryant.

That's right but that just shows that the Celts big three are much better than the ones mentioned for us. It is a team game and the Warriors are just more deep and allround. In a playoff series, I'd pick the Warriors but the Celts seem to have it figured out with the team they have

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:26 am
And hey, the Warriors Big 3 are scoring a bit more than the Celtics Big 3.

Baron Davis - 23.3
Monta Ellis - 16.4
Stephen Jackson - 21.4

Kevin Garnett - 19.4
Paul Pierce - 20.1
Ray Allen - 21.1

Add that up, the Warriors Big 3, or better yet Little 3 are combining up to 61.1 while the Celtics Big 3 combines up to 60.6 a game.

They're similar in scoring yet those three are worth nearly over 75% of the Celtics salary. Not comparing the players, just saying if you could get that scoring for the price of around 30$ mil against around 55$ mil, wouldn't you be happy?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:45 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:And hey, the Warriors Big 3 are scoring a bit more than the Celtics Big 3.

Baron Davis - 23.3
Monta Ellis - 16.4
Stephen Jackson - 21.4

Kevin Garnett - 19.4
Paul Pierce - 20.1
Ray Allen - 21.1

Add that up, the Warriors Big 3, or better yet Little 3 are combining up to 61.1 while the Celtics Big 3 combines up to 60.6 a game.

They're similar in scoring yet those three are worth nearly over 75% of the Celtics salary. Not comparing the players, just saying if you could get that scoring for the price of around 30$ mil against around 55$ mil, wouldn't you be happy?

Yes I would...unless I was an owner that had been putting such a bad product out for the last few years that I needed to put out major "Star Power" to sell tickets
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:53 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:And hey, the Warriors Big 3 are scoring a bit more than the Celtics Big 3.

Xbay, man, I started this whole thing.... you copied my idea!

sfsfsfgiants wrote:I just want to bring up one point about the Celtics' big three: For those who are on the Celtics' bandwagon: the Warriors big three (Monta, Jackson, and Davis) average more points than the Celtics (Allen, Pierce, Garnett).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:30 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

sfsfsfgiants wrote:I just want to bring up one point about the Celtics' big three: For those who are on the Celtics' bandwagon: the Warriors big three (Monta, Jackson, and Davis) average more points than the Celtics (Allen, Pierce, Garnett).

Ah yes, but I provided the evidence. I'll give you the nod for the topic, but I proved it. So therefore, I win. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:08 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Ah yes, but I provided the evidence. I'll give you the nod for the topic, but I proved it. So therefore, I win. :mrgreen:

I saw the exact same article you did. Nobody cares about the stats, they care about concepts. Therefore, I win. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:13 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

I saw the exact same article you did. Nobody cares about the stats, they care about concepts. Therefore, I win. :mrgreen:

Ah yes, but when you're outscoring an team of three being paid more and a higher rep, stats do come in. Thus, I am the winner. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:14 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Ah yes, but when you're outscoring an team of three being paid more and a higher rep, stats do come in. Thus, I am the winner. :mrgreen:

But you wouldnt have even said anything had I not resurected this thread to say the stat in the first place. So.......... I win. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:16 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

But you wouldnt have even said anything had I not resurected this thread to say the stat in the first place. So.......... I win. :mrgreen:

Whatever, end of discussion. You're starting to sound like my girlfriend. :?
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board