YES
74%
NO
26%

Total votes : 19

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:48 pm
I'm pretty sure the last play of regulation was supposed to go to S-Jax, it looked like they were trying to get him the ball at the top of the key but they denied him the ball. Monta then couldn't get a lane to the basket and since it was a broken play didnt know what to do.

Overall I thought we played very poorly, the first quarter was abysmal. We looked like we could care less to be there, and no one was trying. I thought Baron played horribly, taking dumb shots and very lazy on defense. The only guys that looked like they wanted to play tonight for the full 48 was Monta and Biedrins. Monta singlehandedly kept us in the game he played great despite the missed free throw and the poor 3 pt shot. Look at his stat line 12 rebounds 7 assists 0 to's!
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:52 pm
tvaldivi wrote:I'm pretty sure the last play of regulation was supposed to go to S-Jax, it looked like they were trying to get him the ball at the top of the key but they denied him the ball. Monta then couldn't get a lane to the basket and since it was a broken play didnt know what to do.

Overall I thought we played very poorly, the first quarter was abysmal. We looked like we could care less to be there, and no one was trying. I thought Baron played horribly, taking dumb shots and very lazy on defense. The only guys that looked like they wanted to play tonight for the full 48 was Monta and Biedrins. Monta singlehandedly kept us in the game he played great despite the missed free throw and the poor 3 pt shot. Look at his stat line 12 rebounds 7 assists 0 to's!

Was it really bad in the first quarter? Man... I hate it when I miss a game. I won't be able to watch the game until later when I can check i from the NBA Broadband archives.
a.k.a. 33 & 3

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships." --- Michael Jordan

"My main objective was not to succumb, but to overcome." --- Alonzo Mourning
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:07 am
Goshhhhhhhhhhhhhh........darnnnnnnnnn :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

W's lose because of me....i forgot take shower before the game and end up my team lost to magic.I always took shower before the game and they keep win.... :banghead:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:23 am
Definately a tough loss and you have all covered what went wrong. The team has been great for the last three weeks and even when they lose they are winning material

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:34 am
Can't win everything. But hey, they had this game. They just didn't get the simple shots to fall.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:55 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Can't win everything. But hey, they had this game. They just didn't get the simple shots to fall.

Yep... and the last shot to win the game by Monta was truly awful.

Baron made lots of mistakes (mainly an awful shooting night... if your shots ain't falling, stop shooting, dammit!!!). What else?. Howard dominated inside, as expected... still, we ended up with the same number of rebounds, so it wasn't a big deal. We played a poor defensive game and that was a bigger issue. Jameer Nelson played his best game of the season.

Still, there are enough reasons to be optimistic. We played one of the hottest teams of the league and they needed an OT to defeat us. We also made lots of mistakes (most of them bad shots... 9-40 on 3s??? Who wins shooting like that?) and we even had a last shot to win the game. So I'm kinda happy with the game. That means that fixing a few things, we can win this kind of games.

One of the things that worries me is that it seems like we'll be a 7 men team for the big games. I don't know if that's gonna be enough for the full year.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:42 am
As some others have mentioned the Warriors did not play particularly well last night. They shot under 40% for the game. Baron was not very good and Harrington could not his the side of barn with his shot last night. All that being said, and the Warriors could have and should have won the game.

The Magic is a good team. Howard was tough as expected, but it was the role players like Bogans, Nelson and Dooling who did the Warriors in last night.

The Warriors fought back valiantly in the 4th quarter and they looked to set themselves up for the win, but it did not happen unfortunately. The last shot in regulation was horrible. Monta should not be taking a three and should be penetrating and taking it to the hoop, stopping and popping or kicking it out to someone else for a shot.

Regardless, the fact that the Warriors were even in this game with a chance to win at the end says a lot about this team. Biedrins came in and provided a much needed spark of energy and defense for the Warriors. I hope they can forget this loss quickly and beat down Milwaukee tomorrow night.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:12 pm
That was a good loss. Considering our All Star had an a poor shooting night and our gameplan to have Al stretch out the D with 3's didn't work out and we still took a top 2 team in the East to OT. What was also nice is how we were able to not give up and come back after down early - the team showed a lot of mettle. We weren't going to run the table, so if there was ever a loss I could take in stride this was it.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:07 pm
sooner or later we must defend our home court... It was a nail bitter but we had the lead with 1 minute left and it came down to missing a free throw...

I was surprise that Nelly didn't sub in Troy Hudson so he can shoot some gimme. I love how Monta has been playing but if I had a choice to shoot free throws it would be Troy Hudson and not Monta.

Ultimately we played a horrible game, and Magics were on fire from Bogans to Nelson and yet we lost ni OT.

NOTE: Nelly should seriously begin to think about the long haul of the season and consider using his bench...
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:48 pm
tvaldivi wrote:I'm pretty sure the last play of regulation was supposed to go to S-Jax, it looked like they were trying to get him the ball at the top of the key but they denied him the ball. Monta then couldn't get a lane to the basket and since it was a broken play didnt know what to do.

Yup, I was at the game and the last play WAS supposed to go to Jax, who was looking for the ball on the elbow. But Turk (I think it was Turk - I'm trying to suppress this game) did a good job of overplaying. Since we waited so long to try and dump it into the high post, once Monta realized that wasn't going to happen, he had like 6 seconds to do something. And since he's not well versed in having the ball in his hands and taking the last shot, he did what any inexperienced player would do: settled for the outside shot.

as far as who played poorly, ya, baron didn't play well. he didn't take dumb shots though...those are his normal shots...when they go in, people love him...when they don't people ride his ass.

but the dudes not lazy...his body is getting worn down and im worried. you can't expect that dude to do as much as he has and play as many minutes as he has this year and come out at 100% every minute of every game. physically impossible. not one team relies on one player more than the Warriors do on Baron...

btw, did anyone mention how many point blank layups we missed in the game? jackson, BD, & monta? I think I counted like 4 in the first quarter alone..

anyway, we'll bounce back...
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:39 pm
last play is right on monta hand but with 3's are u kidding me!!!
monta can drove in and hit the midrange 2 pts like what he did to steve nash and marion....geeez how tall is jameer nelson...we all know monta really good at mid range shot but why he have to make 3's...that's nonsense...i don't know what is in nellie mind...is he drink too much or something... :?
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:42 pm
TMC wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:Can't win everything. But hey, they had this game. They just didn't get the simple shots to fall.

Yep... and the last shot to win the game by Monta was truly awful.

Baron made lots of mistakes (mainly an awful shooting night... if your shots ain't falling, stop shooting, dammit!!!). What else?. Howard dominated inside, as expected... still, we ended up with the same number of rebounds, so it wasn't a big deal. We played a poor defensive game and that was a bigger issue. Jameer Nelson played his best game of the season.

Still, there are enough reasons to be optimistic. We played one of the hottest teams of the league and they needed an OT to defeat us. We also made lots of mistakes (most of them bad shots... 9-40 on 3s??? Who wins shooting like that?) and we even had a last shot to win the game. So I'm kinda happy with the game. That means that fixing a few things, we can win this kind of games.

One of the things that worries me is that it seems like we'll be a 7 men team for the big games. I don't know if that's gonna be enough for the full year.

I really didn't feel like Howard dominated inside. Defensively he was big but offensively he struggled. He did go 5 of 10 but he turned it over like Gilbert on a bad day.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:47 pm
This is why our team is not considered among the elite! We have a ball hog PG and our players choke even at home! How in the hell do you choke when you're playing at home?

Why don't we give Wright more PT when our offense just plain sucks out there at times?

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:48 pm
BD plays great team "D" but his individual defense just plain sucks!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:18 pm
good god, man, get a grip. the 2 hottest teams in the league played and it went to overtime...if anyone had called the Ws one of the 2 hottest teams in the league this time a year ago, they would have been committed to a psych ward. The improvement to the point where we can be disappointed in the Ws losing to the team with an 11-2 road record is astonishing.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads