Michael Beasley

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32


All Star
Posts: 2035
» Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:59 pm
This guy has Carmelo like skills but with a meaner attitude!
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21730
» Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:05 am
He'll probably end up with the Sonics creating an even bigger logjam at SF and they'll do nothing good with it all
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:59 am
migya wrote:He'll probably end up with the Sonics creating an even bigger logjam at SF and they'll do nothing good with it all


He'd play PF, buddy. Durant would stay at SF/SG. There would be no logjam.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21730
» Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:07 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:He'll probably end up with the Sonics creating an even bigger logjam at SF and they'll do nothing good with it all


He'd play PF, buddy. Durant would stay at SF/SG. There would be no logjam.


If he could play PF at the nba level, good for them but he seems better suited for SF. Durant is no SG, he is a SF and he will find it hard to defend opposing SGs on a regular basis. The Sonics have a bit of a logjam at SF, as both Durant and JGreen are SFs more than anything else and adding Beasley would be awkward
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:11 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:He'll probably end up with the Sonics creating an even bigger logjam at SF and they'll do nothing good with it all


He'd play PF, buddy. Durant would stay at SF/SG. There would be no logjam.


If he could play PF at the nba level, good for them but he seems better suited for SF. Durant is no SG, he is a SF and he will find it hard to defend opposing SGs on a regular basis. The Sonics have a bit of a logjam at SF, as both Durant and JGreen are SFs more than anything else and adding Beasley would be awkward


Huh? Beasley is a PF, through and through. He's got strength, and will not play SF.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:37 pm
He is a power forward or bust.

All Star
Posts: 2035
» Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:43 pm
This guy has SF skills he can take it to the hoop and make the mid range shot! So why is he only a PF??? Have you seen this guy play?
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:41 pm
Yeah, and he's a PF who happens to have a shot and handles. He's averaging mega rebounds. Just because he has certain skills doesn't mean he's a SF (he is 6'9, a tad undersized, but still viable for PF).
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21730
» Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:53 pm
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:He'll probably end up with the Sonics creating an even bigger logjam at SF and they'll do nothing good with it all


He'd play PF, buddy. Durant would stay at SF/SG. There would be no logjam.


If he could play PF at the nba level, good for them but he seems better suited for SF. Durant is no SG, he is a SF and he will find it hard to defend opposing SGs on a regular basis. The Sonics have a bit of a logjam at SF, as both Durant and JGreen are SFs more than anything else and adding Beasley would be awkward


Huh? Beasley is a PF, through and through. He's got strength, and will not play SF.



He could be successful as PF in the nba but understand this, the competition in the nba is many times better than that of college and Beasley is quite light and thus strength will be an issue against nba PFs. He won't get the rebounds he gets in college that's for sure, unless he's a freak like Marion
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1266
» Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:28 pm
Seattle would take Rose if they had #1. Or trade it. I'd die laughing if they traded it for Ray Allen.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21730
» Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:44 pm
Yea, the Sonics will be looking for the best PG there is with whatever pick they get but I like the three they currently have. Ridnour, Watson and Delonte are not stars but they are dependable and do the job. They have to get rid of one of them as there is a logjam there at the moment, maybe trade one in a package to move up in the next draft
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:30 am
The problem with Ridnour is that he's so weak defensively. Watson is their best PG, but even he has his flaws. And West is turnover prone. He's not a PG, he's more of a SG the way he plays. They aren't drafting a PG this year, but I'd expect them to pick a real one up sooner or later. They need vets as well. No way their youngin's grow mature as fast without the vets.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:23 am
xbaywarrior wrote:They aren't drafting a PG this year, but I'd expect them to pick a real one up sooner or later.


I'm not so sure. I mean, they won't draft a PG if they're able to grab Beasley or Mayo... if not, Rose is their guy.

And Ridnour is on the trading block. He's been for a while... I kinda like him, but you're right about his lack of D. That's a big issue with him.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1266
» Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:19 pm
TMC wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:They aren't drafting a PG this year, but I'd expect them to pick a real one up sooner or later.


I'm not so sure. I mean, they won't draft a PG if they're able to grab Beasley or Mayo... if not, Rose is their guy.

And Ridnour is on the trading block. He's been for a while... I kinda like him, but you're right about his lack of D. That's a big issue with him.


If Seattle was smart they would've pulled the trigger on that Ridnour for #11 this draft and used it on Law or someone so they could've had the luxery of 'best player available' this year. As it is I think they would forego Beasley for a Rose or Mayo (Mayo has been sharing the ball extremely well so far and I'd put him down as a PG that could work with Durant. He seems to know when to defer to other stars.) or trade down a fews slots for a Collison or Bayless.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:50 pm
Thunder wrote:If Seattle was smart they would've pulled the trigger on that Ridnour for #11 this draft and used it on Law or someone so they could've had the luxery of 'best player available' this year.


I think it was Atlanta who pulled out of the trade...

Still, I think they'll go with best available in any case. Keep in mind they also have Phoenix's pick and they can draft for need later (although that will be a pretty low pick)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest