Game Thread: Warriors @ Seattle SuperSonics 2007-12-02

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors continue their winning ways in Seattle?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:05 pm

YES
95%
NO
5%

Total votes : 21

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:53 pm
Well, an absolute domination and looking like a real elite team. This is a serious streak the team is on, almost as good as the late run last season. Durant had a shocker, guess SJackson did it again. Biedrins had his way and this just shows how deep the team is as diffeent players have stepped up in different games now.

On a side note, BWright got six minutes, nothing much but they were at the end of the game and he did nothing with it. Don't know if Seattle had there bench on but it looked like some of their players were from the bench and so BWright had a golden opportunity to dominate. Point is he must use such minutes to do what he can to get Nelson's favour. Mbenga got a bit more time but did do more, though it was nothing special. BWright has to be able to do more than shiitty Mbenga at the very least.

Pietrus also a forgotten man in this game playing one minute. Team winning so no complaints.

Team is on a roll and with something like three more straight wins, they have to be the talk of the nba

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:02 pm
Ummm... Pietrus got hurt. It's hard to get floor time when you're in the hospital. :?

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:05 pm
Hahaha!!! I called it on the spot about Durant not having a good game! Tommorrow we'll see Andris get butt raped by Big "D"! Howard will have at least 25 and 22 tommorrow night!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:13 pm
JayPat wrote:Ummm... Pietrus got hurt. It's hard to get floor time when you're in the hospital. :?

What happened to him?

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:20 pm
pietrus i think he took the charge from seattle player for lay up ..isn't it!
and he felt down i watched on NBA TV highlight not really sure.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:25 pm
J-Rich wrote:Hahaha!!! I called it on the spot about Durant not having a good game! Tommorrow we'll see Andris get butt raped by Big "D"! Howard will have at least 25 and 22 tommorrow night!

howard = 18 points, 15 reb, 4 block and 8 turnover.

don't expect him to make more than 20 reb...

eventhough howard is 'beast' but is not that easy to take down beans...

some of W's players will take the charge from Howard to make him had foul trouble.So i am sure it's not that big deal.

even i have Howard in my fantasy league (4th round picks. :mrgreen: )
but i am still put W's is my priority list. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:30 pm
migya wrote:
JayPat wrote:Ummm... Pietrus got hurt. It's hard to get floor time when you're in the hospital. :?

What happened to him?

He was trying to take a charge from Earl Watson, and I think his eye and nose got hurt. I'm not sure. Hope he doesn't have to wear a mask again. :mrgreen:
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:50 pm
Aparently, he had a bloody nose (it seemed he took an elbow on the charge), so we’ll have to wait and see if it's broken. Hope not.

Monster game for Dre going for 18 – 16 – w/ 3 blocks. All our starters did great and was a fun game to watch. I wish Barnes could have contributed in scoring, though. He did everything else.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:54 am
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:

What happened to him?

He was trying to take a charge from Earl Watson, and I think his eye and nose got hurt. I'm not sure. Hope he doesn't have to wear a mask again. :mrgreen:

He did get the charge atleast. Hope he's okay.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:23 am
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:

What happened to him?

There goes his good season

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:09 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I doubt he will be on a defensive team because of his attitude and his notoriety. People just dont like him. Skill wise, of course he should be on it. He is awesome. I just dont think that he will.

I think the same. He doesn't get enough props for the way he plays. And it's only a problem of perception (media and casual fans perception, I mean).He's got that bad guy rep, and it won't be easy for him to get rid of it.

sfsfsfgiants wrote:Jackson is the type of person that you cant truly appreciate him unless he plays on your team, and you see him every night.

I don't know about that. I think his days in Indiana really hurt his rep around the league. I mean, most people liked him when he played in the Nets, Spurs or even the Hawks... but the fight at Auburn Hills destroyed his reputation. He still hasn't recoverd from that. Other than us Dubs fans, everybody is willing to remember him for that fight, and not for his contributions on the court.

As for the game itself, I haven't been able to watch it. Seems like everytime we play a bad team, I can't watch the game. I'll have to look for a torrent later.

From the boxscore, seems like everybody did their job, and we made a wonderful job stopping Seattle's stars. Only Wilcox did a decent job from the starters. I'm also glad to see Baron's minutes reduced to just 31. He shouldn't play 40 mpg, much less when the game is already decided.

The only thing that surprised me is that MBenga played 12 minutes... :scratch:

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:35 am
That win was just what we needed. A blowout!! The score does not actually tell the story of how this game was played. It should have been a 20-25 point win. Great work from everyone on the team in this one. A great start, even a fire on the scoreboard, could not slow the Warriors down.

What impressed me the most about this game is that the Warriors only shot about 43-45% from the field and still simply blew the Sonics out. That leads me to believe that defensively the Warriors were great. I love Nellie ball, but if the Warriors do not play defense it does not work as well. Turnovers lead to fast breaks, which in turn lead to easy and quick points for the Warriors. That philosophy was evident last night.

The Sonics were out of this game within the first quarter and the Warriors never let them back into the game at all. I remember last season being up 16 in Seattle at halftime and pissing that lead away before the 3rd quarter was over. This Warriors team was having none of that and simply dominated last night. Excellent win!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:49 pm
TMC wrote:The only thing that surprised me is that MBenga played 12 minutes... :scratch:

Yeah, you're telling me. Granted, those minutes would have gone to O'Bryant (if active) or Croshere (if healthy). They really need to find a better option.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:15 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Yeah, you're telling me. Granted, those minutes would have gone to O'Bryant (if active) or Croshere (if healthy). They really need to find a better option.

I'd rather play Wright those 12 minutes... If they don't have any kind of confidence on POB, give those minutes to the rookie that is supposed to help us on the long run.
Previous

Return to Game Threads