YES
74%
NO
26%

Total votes : 19

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:29 pm
Orlando Magic (15-4) @ Golden State Warriors (9-7)

Start time 7:30 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Orlando Magic
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Jameer Nelson
SG - Keith Bogans
SF - Hedo Turkoglu
PF - Rashard Lewis
C - Dwight Howard

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (24.2) | D. Howard (23.8)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.7) | D. Howard (15.0)
APG - B. Davis (8.5) | J. Nelson (6.0)
SPG - B. Davis (2.2) | R. Lewis (1.1)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.6) | D. Howard (2.7)
Last edited by krome on Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:59 pm
I pick the team to win this. The Magic can be huge but the team is on fire and the run and gun might fatigue the Magic seriously. Rashard will have his hands ful with SJackson and vice versa but SJackson has never been so on as he is now. I reckon Baron will have a huge game and Monta maybe as well as Jameer is playing badly lately. Biedrins will have to do what he can against Dwight but likely Nelson will go with a small lineup for this one and run and gun.

Warriors by 14

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:00 pm
We all know Howard's gonna get his, but the X-factor here is Shard. If we can limit him, I think we'll have the advantage as we have too much scoring for them to handle.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:28 pm
1st Qtr

Magic = 22
W's = 30

2nd Qtr

Magic = 20
W's = 24

3rd Qtr

Magic = 30
W's = 24

4th Qtr

Magic = 23
W's = 28

WARRIORS by 11. :D
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:33 pm
hey....did anybody know the basketball rules in this forum!!!

if someone fart on the court so many times and it stinks like hell, do u think the referee will call technical foul on him...just curious!!!
coz i saw people play in the park and one of the guy fart 2-3 times and they kicked him out the game. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:35 pm
That is what I was going to say about this game: how much playing time with Foyle get and how will he be percieved? I think that he will get a HUGE ovation. He was a majorly popular player, and even if he doesnt get a whole lot of minutes against other teams, it would be right to get him in the game, even if just scrub minutes, against his old team.

Warriors by 5. Close game throughout.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:50 pm
Dubz are on fire right now, but w emay be due for a bad shooting night. Its at home though so i say we pull it out in a close one.
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:02 am
if pheonix did it, then we can do it. i hope the lakers game wore em off. we blew out seattle and rested our starters for half of the 4th quarter, so i think orlando will be more fatigued than us; plus we're playing at home. i say we win a close one, but the thought of dwight howard just scared me. i hope he doesnt block too many of our shots. those are really bad for our morale.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:22 am
GSW United wrote:hey....did anybody know the basketball rules in this forum!!!

if someone fart on the court so many times and it stinks like hell, do u think the referee will call technical foul on him...just curious!!!
coz i saw people play in the park and one of the guy fart 2-3 times and they kicked him out the game. :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: That's a good one to look up

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:20 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:That is what I was going to say about this game: how much playing time with Foyle get and how will he be percieved? I think that he will get a HUGE ovation. He was a majorly popular player, and even if he doesnt get a whole lot of minutes against other teams, it would be right to get him in the game, even if just scrub minutes, against his old team.

Yeah, I also hope Foyle plays and gets an outstanding ovation. Foyle was unfairly treated during his Warriors tenure due to his bloated contract. People just expected too much from him. But he did anything he could to help the team, even to the point that he's our all time leader in blocked shots. This year, he's having a remarkable season at a bit over $1 million. Just look at his game against the Lakers: 8 points, 7 boards and 3 blocks in just 12 minutes (4-4 shooting, which won't happen everyday...)

Anyway, I'm glad Foyle is playing well for Orlando and I hope he gets all the ovation he deserves.

Back to the game, Howard will get his stats. That always happens and we shouldn't worry about it (well, we should try to limit him, that is... but knowing we won't be able to shut him down). The key here is stopping Lewis and Turkoglu. If we're able to do so, the game should be ours.

btw, Jameer Nelson is in one of those awful streaks of him. He better don't wake up against us. The Magic are a much better team when he plays well (which hasn't happened in the last 4 games).

I'm confident in a win. Dubs by 8.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:59 am
howard is gonna get a 20/20 game...but lewis wont do anything while jax is in...his D is too stellar this year.

dubs by 7
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:51 am
I'd call this a dead even matchup, so it really depends on whether the outside ball is falling for the Warriors. If the Dubs shoot below 30% for 3, Orlando's walking away with it. The need to keep it out of the halfcourt game and focus on Dwight Howard. You'd rather Rashard Lewis gets hot than Dwight because at least Jackson has a shot at stopping Lewis. Howard cannot be slowed down. He'll get his 20 and 20, unless Harrington can come up with another amazing defensive stand, like he did against Yao. Fronting Howard may not work, as they can lob him the ball and he jumps as high as anybody.

I'd love to see the Warriors win, but despite the current hot streak, my gut is saying Magic by 6.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:39 am
The thing is, the Ws are not going to stop Dwight or, to a lesser extent, Rashard, so you give them their 50 points. If I were Nelly, I would do a combination of small ball run and gun and hack-a-dwight. Among Croshere, Mbenga, Biedrins and POB, that is 24 fouls to use. The manchild scores 80% of his points within 5 feet of the basket, but is a pretty poor shooter. This is the toughest test for the Ws during their current streak, so a hard one to call. I'll say Ws 117-114.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:29 pm
Warriors will either live or die by the 3 tonight. If we can shoot well from distance tonight things should go well. As everyone has said we will not be able to stop Dwight Howard, but we should be able to contain everyone else. I also think an early lead, like the past 2 games, will be a necessity. If all goes according to plan; Warriors by 4.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:36 pm
I want to see Foyle get dunked on.
Thunder wrote:Harrington out 2 weeks with bad attitude.
Next

Return to Game Threads