Game Thread: Warriors @ Seattle SuperSonics 2007-12-02

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors continue their winning ways in Seattle?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:05 pm

YES
95%
NO
5%

Total votes : 21

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:15 am
migya wrote:
32 wrote:
migya wrote:Amazing how some people are so blind in looking at the team versus others. Yes, it is good to like the team over others but every nba team is a threat every night and the team has lost to enough bad teams in the past two seasons to not surprise us if they lose some more. Seattle is not very good but they have alot of young players that contribute and it just takes three or four of them to catch fire on the same night and they can win and win well. If the team defers to the horrible defense they have played in the past, usually when they're losing ofcourse, they could lose this game and big. Durant, JGreen, Wilcox, Wally and Wilkins have all had a few big games this season and can go off if not checked properly

Dear God, are you honestly panicking over a game against Seattle now...???

Pointing out how people forget the reality of the nba and how things can go

Well, theoretically, a brick can fall out of the sky and kill you the second you step out of your front door... but it doesn't usually happen. Seattle is 2-14 and looks pathetically out of synch this season.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:55 am
If the Warriors start sucking big time, then yes we will lose. However, we are currently on a huge roll, so if we play at all like we have been playing (which I think we will), then we will easily beat Seattle.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:00 pm
J-Rich wrote:If the W's can't stop Boozer! What makes you think that they can stop Howard? Just because we had little bitty Harrington fronting Yao a few nights ago.

It wasn't just Boozer they couldn't stop. In fact Deron hurt us more I think. Utah is the ****. I'll go on record saying they could win it all without surprising me one bit. They have a great team this year and they play uptempo. They absolutely demolished the Lakers without Okur or Boozer. Granted it's the lakers but they have been decent so far. All I've seen from Utah this year has been impressive.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:29 pm
JayPat wrote:If the Warriors start sucking big time, then yes we will lose. However, we are currently on a huge roll, so if we play at all like we have been playing (which I think we will), then we will easily beat Seattle.

Even if the Warriors play at 60%, they should beat Seattle. If we were without Baron Davis and Al Harrington, I'd STILL say we had the advantage.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:27 pm
Ahahahahaha! A damn fire on the scoreboard. How does that happen!? Wow.......

One bad thing about it, it took momentum away from us after a 9-0 run. :|
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:32 pm
After watching the Pacers-Sonics game which the Sonics barely won, heres a couple observations about the Sonics.

1. They like to throw up bricks. The warriors can pack it in all they want and with all the quick hands we have, should come away with a shitload of steals.

2. Kevin Durant can score at will when he's on. He's so long and he hits tough shots consistently. Had 35 against Indiana. Even if Sjax puts the clamps on him, he'll still get his points if he's on. Shouldn't matter though

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:53 pm
Beans with 11 rebounds already and a 20 point lead very early in the 2nd.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:17 pm
They fell apart a bit towards the end of the second, but a near twenty point lead is as good as it gets. Great game so far.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:24 pm
I can't believe Andris got his double double in the first quarter. He was abusing the Sonics roster. Stack Jack is teaching KD how difficult it can be. He might get an all defensive team bid with his play this season.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:26 pm
I doubt he will be on a defensive team because of his attitude and his notoriety. People just dont like him. Skill wise, of course he should be on it. He is awesome. I just dont think that he will.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:31 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I doubt he will be on a defensive team because of his attitude and his notoriety. People just dont like him. Skill wise, of course he should be on it. He is awesome. I just dont think that he will.

That's a valid point. At some time in his career though I hope people in the media realize how different he is the perception that has been created of him.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:41 pm
Jackson is the type of person that you cant truly appreciate him unless he plays on your team, and you see him every night. He is just such a great team guy. He is also a great talent that can do a lot of different things with the ball. Anyone else catch that thing he did in the first half, he was checking in, sitting by the scorer's table, and the ball came to him, and he tried to keep it inbounds? That was hilarious.

Anyways, what the hell is up with Biedrins? Whatever he ate today, he needs to eat tomorrow. He is just so awesome tonight. Great positioning and great speed. Monta, as much as I am on him about his passing ability, has just made me eat my words tonight. Great job by both of them.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:01 pm
Sh*t, I hate DJ Mbenga. All he does is...... nothing! You never see him touching the ball on offense, he doesnt get in there for rebounds, and his supposed "best skill," blockings shots has been non-existant. Get Wright or O'Bryant in there. Hell, I'd rather have Croshere in there. :|
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:06 pm
Baron have a chance to make triple double, but i am not sure he will play a lot in last qtr....we'll see....so far sonics are not W's level yet...

From what i know, seems like a lot experts don't like to say good stuff about W's, they always said it's just temporary success and bla bla bla...
but W's surely give them 'embarrassment'.Hahahaha....only Kenny smith are give a lot points to W's.He said ; "There is no reason they can't go to playoff". :wink:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:48 pm
well... seeing how Petrius might be out several days with a broken nose and Austin with a sprain ankle... we might see POB and B Nelly dressed again
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads