Game Thread: Warriors @ Seattle SuperSonics 2007-12-02

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors continue their winning ways in Seattle?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:05 pm

YES
95%
NO
5%

Total votes : 21

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:36 pm
J-Rich wrote:Ok!!! So the Warriors (8-7) are better than the Magic (14-4)???

the magic arent as good as their record IMO. Dwight Howard is gunna probably put up a 30-20 game against us, but they lost to phx twice so we can beat them, just nuetralize the rest of the team and take it in the end.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:18 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS...

we are better than them.....
Magic only used by wizard, and we are Warriors already bury the wizard last time so no more magic to Warriors.

Even u put lebron,Kobe,KG,Howard,Kidd together, W's still the best....
no question for that. :D

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:22 pm
Durant won't have a big game against S-Jax! He'll be lucky to get 22 pts in that game! I want to see Wright play alot of minutes against the frontline of Seattle! He had good game against them the last time he played against Wilcox and Collison...

If Nellie can't find him minutes then I don't know what to think of Nellie!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:49 pm
JayPat wrote:

Depends. We didn't have SJax our first few games, and if we started the season with him, I'm sure our record would be much better. However, Dwight Howard always abuses us in the post. It's a toss up.

The Magic are not just Dwight, Turkoglu is having a career season and Jameer and Rashard play very well. The team has to run and gun at every opportunity to minimise Dwight's effectiveness, especially defensively

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:03 am
If the W's can't stop Boozer! What makes you think that they can stop Howard? Just because we had little bitty Harrington fronting Yao a few nights ago.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:08 am
Huhhh??? When you have your PF going for 30-20 a few times this year. And having Durant saying that "Howard is the most dominant big man in the NBA today!" That's saying alot for the Magic who are also having a good year.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:32 am
we are not going to stop Howard, but we will try to stop the ball flow to howard which mean from jameer nelson and lewis.Put s-jax on lewis and Baron on nelson...let barnes deal with turkoglu.I believe AL will have a good game against Magic...why? coz Howard will not leave his post and go to outside just to defend AL or else Baron will post Nelson in the rim...right!! so i really wish AL can on fire.

Howard is Beast but Magic have to realize that W's is not ordinary team that they can use Big man to beat.W's will make them TO a lot and get the fast break points.
Usually, most of the Big man will make a lot turnover when they played W's this is because Nellie always create some mismatch guard defensively.So, if u not believe then we'll see..OK
Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:03 am
TMC wrote:btw, I also expect a monster game by Wilcox on the boards, but I can live with that. Shouldn't change the outcome of the game..

I don't know about that one. Wilcox isn't a real good rebounder(lacks fundamentals), but with how fast this game is going to be(both teams want to run) he should have a couple rebounds.

Though, i expect Kurt Thomas to be a way bigger factor on the boards. That old guy just pulled down 18 of them against the Pacers and is now averaging 10 boards in just over 22 minutes for the season.

TMC wrote:As for Durant, he's playing both SF and SG. And doing pretty well, although his FG % ain't nothing to be proud of. But he's the reason the Sonics have won 2 of their 3 games... 35 points and 5 boards yesterday against the Pacers and a big clutch shot to get their first win at Atlanta. This kid is gonna be a good one. Jeff Green is also doing well from the bench...

Yes, the Sonics are doing the right thing and both of their rookies are looking pretty good to me. They'll most likely have another top 5 in next years draft and they also got 5 first round picks over the next 3 years. They could be really good within 3 years.

Though, we have to use their problems at the pg position to our advanture, cause they're terrible at that position and tend to turn the ball over at least 20 times a game. If we can keep them turning the ball over, we should be able to run away from them.

Still, we've got to defend solid, cause every team in this league can score and if they're able to have 2 or 3 guys doing that, it's not going to be easy to win on the road, even against a pretty bad team like the Sonics.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:28 am
J-Rich wrote:I want to see Wright play alot of minutes against the frontline of Seattle!!

he'll probably be inactive!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:02 am
migya wrote:Amazing how some people are so blind in looking at the team versus others. Yes, it is good to like the team over others but every nba team is a threat every night and the team has lost to enough bad teams in the past two seasons to not surprise us if they lose some more. Seattle is not very good but they have alot of young players that contribute and it just takes three or four of them to catch fire on the same night and they can win and win well. If the team defers to the horrible defense they have played in the past, usually when they're losing ofcourse, they could lose this game and big. Durant, JGreen, Wilcox, Wally and Wilkins have all had a few big games this season and can go off if not checked properly

Dear God, are you honestly panicking over a game against Seattle now...???
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:08 am
AB15 wrote:
TMC wrote:btw, I also expect a monster game by Wilcox on the boards, but I can live with that. Shouldn't change the outcome of the game..

I don't know about that one. Wilcox isn't a real good rebounder(lacks fundamentals), but with how fast this game is going to be(both teams want to run) he should have a couple rebounds.

Though, i expect Kurt Thomas to be a way bigger factor on the boards. That old guy just pulled down 18 of them against the Pacers and is now averaging 10 boards in just over 22 minutes for the season.

Thomas is more consistent than Wilcox, that's for sure... but Wilcox has weird games from time to time (of 20 and 20 and so... doesn't happen often, but he's done it before) and he's a lot more athletic than Thomas. I think he fits better the kind of bball we're gonna play. Hence why I expect more from Wilcox than Thomas (for this specific game, not through the season).

btw, if I haven't said it before, welcome to the board AB15. :hello2:

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:26 am
TMC wrote:
AB15 wrote:

Thomas is more consistent than Wilcox, that's for sure... but Wilcox has weird games from time to time (of 20 and 20 and so... doesn't happen often, but he's done it before) and he's a lot more athletic than Thomas. I think he fits better the kind of bball we're gonna play. Hence why I expect more from Wilcox than Thomas (for this specific game, not through the season).

but thomas played the game pretty effectively when he was in phoenix. i dont think he'll have as much of a stamina problem as wilcox, despite wilcox being more athletic.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:03 am
32 wrote:
migya wrote:Amazing how some people are so blind in looking at the team versus others. Yes, it is good to like the team over others but every nba team is a threat every night and the team has lost to enough bad teams in the past two seasons to not surprise us if they lose some more. Seattle is not very good but they have alot of young players that contribute and it just takes three or four of them to catch fire on the same night and they can win and win well. If the team defers to the horrible defense they have played in the past, usually when they're losing ofcourse, they could lose this game and big. Durant, JGreen, Wilcox, Wally and Wilkins have all had a few big games this season and can go off if not checked properly

Dear God, are you honestly panicking over a game against Seattle now...???

Pointing out how people forget the reality of the nba and how things can go

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:08 am
EMan32 wrote:
TMC wrote:
AB15 wrote:

but thomas played the game pretty effectively when he was in phoenix. i dont think he'll have as much of a stamina problem as wilcox, despite wilcox being more athletic.

Hey, it's just a hunch. I had one last year about Jannero Pargo going for 25 against us and he did. :wink:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:07 am
J-Rich wrote:If the W's can't stop Boozer! What makes you think that they can stop Howard? Just because we had little bitty Harrington fronting Yao a few nights ago.

W's cant stop Boozer but we sure didnt lost to the Suns by 15... Plus I doubt you would see much man to man, Nelly likes to zone it up...

Wright will be dressed but probably won't play unless we get a FAT lead... :mrgreen:
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads