22%
5. Nah, he will never get one. Too shiit, just miss out, whatever
No votes

Total votes : 9

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:36 am
Lebron James has a stat like the kind I can't recall ever seeing:

30.7pts, 48.6%FG, 7.8 out of 11.1 FTs a game, 7.6rebs. 8.1asts, 1.9stls, 1.5blks

He is definately the clear cut MVP right now

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:41 am
The way he's playing, no doubt about it. He's the clear MVP of the league.

Of course, it's gonna be hard to keep having those numbers for the full season... but it somebody is able to do it, that's Lebron.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:55 am
Those numbers are ridiculous.

I think he'll win it but the only obstacles between him and the MP3 are the Cavs mediocre play as a whole and some guy named Kevin Garnett. Still, with numbers like that you have to give it to him - they'd be fighting Minny for Michael Beasely rights if he wasn't on the team.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:28 pm
He certainly is the Most Valuble to his team. As much as Baron means to the Warriors, I think w/o him they could at least look like they knew how to play basketball. If I could vote...he'd get mine
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:45 pm
Yup.

The kid took on the Big 3 and won it in OT couple days ago. Big 1 vs Big 3... who woulda thought? The Cavs and Lakers have so much in common. If neither team had their star(Kobe/LeBron), they'd be fighting over the number one pick.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:39 pm
I think that if Boston can win 62+ games KG will get MVP, if Phoenix wins 65+ games (long shot) Nash will win it, if not Lebron will win it.
ImageImage

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:03 pm
LeBron and Dwight are the top 2 players in the NBA right now.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:53 am
Cleveland has to do awful, like miss the playoffs, for Lebron not to get it, IF he keeps playing the way he is. Dwight is definately second as the Magic are doing well and he is a monster himself right now

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:49 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:I think that if Boston can win 62+ games KG will get MVP, if Phoenix wins 65+ games (long shot) Nash will win it, if not Lebron will win it.

I don't know about that... I mean, even if Boston wins 65 games, if Lebron keeps playing like he's done during this month, I can't see anybody beating him for the MVP.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:25 am
I think KG's getting it this year. Especially if Boston is a top 3 seed. From a basement lottery team to a Top 3 seed? Thats better than what Steve Nash did for Phoenix... and he rode that to 2 MVPs.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:39 pm
32 wrote:I think KG's getting it this year. Especially if Boston is a top 3 seed. From a basement lottery team to a Top 3 seed? Thats better than what Steve Nash did for Phoenix... and he rode that to 2 MVPs.

No comparison. Suns were out of the playoffs the season before but were frequently in the playoffs before that offseason. KG went to a team that has acquired another semi superstar in Ray Allen and already had a superstar in Paul Pierce. The Celts were always going to do good with that sort of recruitment. The Suns had great talent and Nash was the brain needed. Not taking anything away from Nash and I understand how some people would compare the two situations but the Celts have added a semi superstar and KG, one of the best players ever and both were perfect fits

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:55 am
TMC wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:I think that if Boston can win 62+ games KG will get MVP, if Phoenix wins 65+ games (long shot) Nash will win it, if not Lebron will win it.

I don't know about that... I mean, even if Boston wins 65 games, if Lebron keeps playing like he's done during this month, I can't see anybody beating him for the MVP.

yeah, but I don't think there's much a chance Lebron can average 32-8-8-2-2 for a whole season.

One thing people haven't mention is that Dwight Howard is also putting up numbers nobody's ever put up and is on a team on a 60 win pace. I think if he can keep up 23+ppg and 15+rpg on a 50 win team he'll win it.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:07 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
TMC wrote:

yeah, but I don't think there's much a chance Lebron can average 32-8-8-2-2 for a whole season.

One thing people haven't mention is that Dwight Howard is also putting up numbers nobody's ever put up and is on a team on a 60 win pace. I think if he can keep up 23+ppg and 15+rpg on a 50 win team he'll win it.

You have a great point and if the Magic do win over 55 games and are in the top 2 in the East AND the Cavs don't win anymore than 45 games, not ranking higher than 5th in the east, I'll say Dwight will win it. Right now though, Lebron is more of a monster

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:57 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:One thing people haven't mention is that Dwight Howard is also putting up numbers nobody's ever put up and is on a team on a 60 win pace. I think if he can keep up 23+ppg and 15+rpg on a 50 win team he'll win it.

Yeah, but that fact that nobody even mentioned him plays against Dwight... If he's under the radar, he'll have trouble getting enough votes to get the MVP.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:16 pm
migya wrote:
32 wrote:I think KG's getting it this year. Especially if Boston is a top 3 seed. From a basement lottery team to a Top 3 seed? Thats better than what Steve Nash did for Phoenix... and he rode that to 2 MVPs.

No comparison. Suns were out of the playoffs the season before but were frequently in the playoffs before that offseason. KG went to a team that has acquired another semi superstar in Ray Allen and already had a superstar in Paul Pierce. The Celts were always going to do good with that sort of recruitment. The Suns had great talent and Nash was the brain needed. Not taking anything away from Nash and I understand how some people would compare the two situations but the Celts have added a semi superstar and KG, one of the best players ever and both were perfect fits

And the Suns don't have semi-superstars in Amare and Marion? I agree with 32, I think KG will win barring some exponential drop in the Celtics success.
Next

Return to Sports Board