Who's The Biggest Disappointment?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hey, I love the Warriors, but before Mullin got here, we had some pretty damn sorry decisions being made... what do you think was our worst trait, GM wise?

Picking up has-beens and giving up young talent (John Starks, Terry Cummings, Mookie Blaylock, Muggsy Bogues, ect)
3%
Trading established stars for would-be busts (Mitch Richmond for Billy Owens, Tim Hardaway for Bimbo Coles, Chris Webber for Tom Gugliotta, ect)
43%
Wasted draft picks (Vonteego Cummings, Joe Smith, Todd Fuller, ect)
43%
Vince Carter (and CASH, on top of it) for Antawn Jamison... I'm still not over that...
10%

Total votes : 30

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:04 am
Yeah, true, but I don't like when a player quits on his team. He's getting paid to play, not to do as he wants... (And I'm not thinking of Baron right now, I'm going against Carter and the Raptors)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:11 am
Carter on the Raptors, Davis on the Hornets, Van Exel on the Warriors, Cassell on the T-Wolves last season... players do that all the time.

I hate the idea of it because the Warriors have had a huge amount of players do that (Nick the Quick, Rony Seikily, Joe Smith, ect). But if a player's not happy, its not always because of the team winning or losing. I believe Davis had a problem with New Orlean's organization itself. It seemed like he and Byron Scott never got along, I don't think he was fond of how the VP was breaking down the franchise to rebuild, and I really don't think Baron wanted to teach a whole bunch of rookies going into the prime of his career. It was time for a change... but the franchise wouldn't trade the guy they were building around for no reason, so Baron took matters into his own hands and made a trade happen. Hence the draft of Chris Paul by the Hornets. Bet you (halfway through the season) they weren't going for another point guard in the draft, no matter how injured Davis was. BD wanted out and I'm glad he got out (we're reaping the bennefits!).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:36 am
That's true, but it doesn't make it any better.

I can understand not wanting to play for a team, like Jimmy Jackson or Baron did last year with the Hornets (I don't agree with it, but I can understand it). But playing and not giving max effort (what Carter did in Toronto), the team should have let him rotting in the stands of the Air Canada Center till the end of his contract.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:47 am
I agree. Vince Carter was very Shawn Kemp-esque last season. Playing without heart is probably the worst thing I can imagine a player doing on the court. It's ugly to watch and it doesn't help anything.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:04 pm
WHO'S THE BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT = MIKE DUNLEAVY JR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:28 pm
Eh, he's a big one, but not bigger than Carter half-assing the Raptors. That was messed up.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:59 pm
DUNLEAVY :!:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:48 am
Not bigger than the Carter fiasco! We don't even know if Dunleavy's a good player, really! They lost a star! That's a bigger disappointment!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:09 am
Raptors did lose a star and got Eric Williams and Aron Williams, who are solid but will not be there for more than 2 years, but Carter DIDN"T want to be there so that was addition by subtraction! Sure they could have got one or two pretty good players for him but they're the Raptors and they're shiit! should have asked for Richard Jefferson for Carter straight up!

Still...........

DUNLEAVY - Because I don't give a rat's ase about the Raptors but am a fan of the mighty (soon to be hopefully) WARRIORS! and this prik just don't belong here with what he's done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:x

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:32 am
Give him until the deadline, man... we'll trade him soon enough...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:28 am
Trading him to his old man's team seems best chance

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:30 am
Who'd we get for him? The old man's not gonna part with Corey Maggette for his boy... even his dad's not THAT stupid...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:46 pm
Player32 wrote:Who'd we get for him? The old man's not gonna part with Corey Maggette for his boy... even his dad's not THAT stupid...

I don't think they have any player we may want. Last year was different, Wilcox was intriguing, but not anymore, with Diogu in the fold.

And obviously, they aren't trading thier real stars (Brand, Maggette,...) for Dunleavy Jr.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:12 pm
Yeah, thats what I meant. We wont trade him to the Clips because they dont have anyone we want accept a star
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:55 pm
A player like Bobby Simmons would have been alright and if he was still with the Clippers, they would probably be stupid enough to do that trade!

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball