YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 16

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:01 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Charles Barkley: I still don't believe they making the playoffs.

EJ and Kenny Smith: WHAT?!

Charles Barkley: Yup. Don't ask, don't ask.

atleast he took the knicks at +50 :wink: ahahaha
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:46 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Charles Barkley: I still don't believe they making the playoffs.

EJ and Kenny Smith: WHAT?!

Charles Barkley: Yup. Don't ask, don't ask.

Instead of "don't ask", it should be "don't pay attention"... F*cker.

About the game, amazing effort. I was sure we could win, but I expected a much closer game, not only because the Rockets are a good team... It was also a back-to-back and we're playing on a short rotation.

Still, we won fairly easy, playing the game we wanted to play and, amazingly, stopping both of Houston stars. Yao had a pretty poor game (10, 7 and 5 TOs... those are Dampier's numbers, not Yao's) and T-Mac wasn't much better. And a big reason for those bad games was our D. Everytime they touched the ball, they'd had two of our guys upon them. With those two out of the game, Houston becomes a pretty beatable team.

As for us, and other than what I said about the D, all the starters played well, and should also be given credit for their effort on the boards. We're still playing on a too short rotation, but so far, so good.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:18 am
Great win, just like the Phoenix one. The team is playing arguably the best in the nba right now. Another real team effort. Can't believe how Harrington is playing great defense on Yao, just amazing how he can slow down such a big and talented player and harrington isn't even known as a great defender. Rockets are just one game over 50% and that is a surprise. The team has to keep this up and they have the ability to keep winning. Big credit to SJackson, not just for the amazing play but he is rebouding now!

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:24 am
As Migya pointed out, the Warriors are playing some great basketball right now. Arguably the best in the league. The way this team is playing right now I am confident against most every single team we will face.

Major credit to Harrington for his great defense on Yao. Additionally, the team defense was good in halping Al and also containing McGrady for good parts of the game.

Nellie did a great job with his substitutions in both halves. I thought the game was become a methodical half-court game which does NOT suit the Warriors. Nellie inserted the small lineup and the games pace increased dramatically which in turn took Yao out of the game and allowed the Warriors to get some fast break points and build their lead back up.

There is not only player right now on the Warriors roster I have a complaint about. The way this team has fought and battled to one game over .500 in such a short period of time is nothing short of amazing. Props to Nellie and the players.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:26 am
... didn't Bonzi Wells use to have game...?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:35 am
you're making me proud out there al!!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:42 am
migya wrote:Great win, just like the Phoenix one. The team is playing arguably the best in the nba right now. Another real team effort. Can't believe how Harrington is playing great defense on Yao, just amazing how he can slow down such a big and talented player and harrington isn't even known as a great defender. Rockets are just one game over 50% and that is a surprise. The team has to keep this up and they have the ability to keep winning. Big credit to SJackson, not just for the amazing play but he is rebouding now!

Another great win...nice to get to see another at home. I love the "team play". Most impressive thing to me last night, was the fact that towards the end of the 2nd qtr w/o Baron on the floor, they pushed a 4 pt lead to a 9 pt lead. The team as a whole seems to be playing well. When Monta was cold and Jack was out, guys like Azu and MP played extremly well. Now Monta and Al are looking extremly efficent. Hard to say who looks the most impressive...that a good thing!
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:44 am
ronald dregan wrote:you're making me proud out there al!!!!

He could have even had a bigger game. In the 4th qtr I kept calling the fact that Yao would not guard him outside. I think they passed it once. But I gues with a lead, driving the ball is better than jacking up 3's. It just would have been great to see him light it up.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:06 pm
sleandres wrote:

He could have even had a bigger game. In the 4th qtr I kept calling the fact that Yao would not guard him outside. I think they passed it once. But I gues with a lead, driving the ball is better than jacking up 3's. It just would have been great to see him light it up.

im sure they hit al bout 3 times in the 4th before they took out yao.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:09 pm
EMan32 wrote:
sleandres wrote:

I looked at the play by play on nba.com. I was wrong it wasn't the 4th qtr it was the 3rd. He hit the 1 trey in the 3rd all of the rest were in the first half. He didn't even attempt a shot in the final qtr.

http://www.nba.com/games/20071129/HOUGS ... lay.html#4

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:30 pm
sleandres wrote:
EMan32 wrote:
sleandres wrote:

I looked at the play by play on nba.com. I was wrong it wasn't the 4th qtr it was the 3rd. He hit the 1 trey in the 3rd all of the rest were in the first half. He didn't even attempt a shot in the final qtr.

i know he attempted at least 2 or 3 though...o/w either way we got the win and it was a good win
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:11 pm
EMan32 wrote:
sleandres wrote:
EMan32 wrote:
sleandres wrote:

i know he attempted at least 2 or 3 though...o/w either way we got the win and it was a good win

True...a win against a team that I thought was the 5th best in the West. I'll take it!
Previous

Return to Game Threads