Game Thread: Warriors @ Sacramento Kings 2007-11-28

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors continue with their small lineup against the Kings?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:51 pm

YES
58%
NO
42%

Total votes : 19

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:18 am
Ahh, scrappy wins are good for morale, the teams that can still win when things arnt going there way (ie: calls and shots) are the special ones.

Great to be a t 500 and get it against the Queens too!!! :D

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:20 am
After an 0-6 start I thought the Warriors would eventually get back to .500, but not this fast. Last night was a game in which the Warriors clearly did not play their best, yet still managed a win on the road. Winning games like last night's show the strong character that this team has.

As for the game itself, the play of Monta Ellis lately has been fantastic. He is driving with authority, his mid-range jumper is falling and he just displays confidence on the floor. Having him going has been huge of late for the team. Last night was another example as Baron did not have his best game but the Warriors still managed a hard fought win.

Biedrins did well off the bench and despite the "demotion" over the last few games it has not effected his play one bit. That shows the positive attitude he has and that he is a team first guy.

Additionally, the defense by the Warriors in the fourth quarter and in particular the last few minutes was great. They held the Kings to just two made field goals in the 4th quarter and a mere 14 points. That is solid play. I have said since the beginning of this season and even into last season that if this team can and will play good defense they can win a lot more games. Last night was proof. The offense was not firing on all cylinders (8 of 32 on threes) yet the defense bailed the Warriors out time after time all evening and they won the game. Credit to Nellie and to Stephen Jackson who seems to be a catalyst for this play on the defensive end.

Lastly, I have to give credit to the aformentioned Stephen Jackson. Yes, the two threes at the end were big, but this guys overall game is just fantastic right now. He is playing the best basketball of his career and he is a leader on this team that plays defense, rebounds and hits shots on the offensive end. Overall, Stephen Jackson has been fantastic this season. It is no coincidence that the Warriors have won 6 of 7 since his return.

Now, let's get over .500 tonight with a win over Yao and the Rockets!
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:09 am
When I saw Jack throw up that first three in the last couple of minutes of the game, I wanted to throw something at him. For about 0.2 seconds.

I annot believe the way the W's chuck the threes sometimes. 6 of 24 up to the 4th quarter, 8 of 32 for the game? Even if they took half of those shots from inside, the score would not have been as tight. Yes, the 3's drop nicely for the team at times, but there are many days when the W's are just forcing it.

Also, thought the Kings have not looked like a great team yet this yeear, they are in the mold of opponents that the W's struggle against; athletic players that are longer than the W's at every position. The W's can force the issue to point by going small, but when a team can keep up athletically with the W's small lineup AND have the length to defend and rebound, it spells trouble.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:19 am
drazz wrote:When I saw Jack throw up that first three in the last couple of minutes of the game, I wanted to throw something at him. For about 0.2 seconds.

I annot believe the way the W's chuck the threes sometimes. 6 of 24 up to the 4th quarter, 8 of 32 for the game? Even if they took half of those shots from inside, the score would not have been as tight. Yes, the 3's drop nicely for the team at times, but there are many days when the W's are just forcing it.

Also, thought the Kings have not looked like a great team yet this yeear, they are in the mold of opponents that the W's struggle against; athletic players that are longer than the W's at every position. The W's can force the issue to point by going small, but when a team can keep up athletically with the W's small lineup AND have the length to defend and rebound, it spells trouble.

well... The Kings did beat the Spurs just the other night so they were feeling pretty good about themselves. Still a great win nevertheless by the Warriors. I know everyone says that this was a close game, but when you are on the road, your first instinct is to keep the game close and win the 4th quarter. We've done that very well and now we must protect home court.

BTW... Baron is playing too much... Nelly really needs to watch his minutes. Why is Mbenga dressed for the game and POB inactive... UNBELIEVABLE

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:03 pm
One last thing I thought I would mention is the fact that the Warriors have shown over the last two weeks that they can win close games. On the road trip, every win was close except fot the blowout win over the Knicks. The Warriors have been in nail-biters with the Raptors, Sixers, Wizards and now the Kings and come out on top in each game.

That leads me to believe that this team has confidence and has what it takes during tough stretches to dig deep and muster enough to get a win. In seasons past, even at this time last year, the Warriors were in many games, but could not get that big shot to fall or that key stop on the defensive end to get a win. This year, that has not been the case so far.

If the Warriors can continue to win close games, particularly on the road, it is going to be a fantastic season for Warrior fans.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:09 pm
Man, I love Matt Barnes. William, you are going to the game tonight. Give him a huge ovation for me. :wink:

I love what he does for us, and love that he always tries, no matter what is happening in his life. This is going to be an emotional game for him. He is a hugely popular player on his first home game back from his mom's passing. He is going to get a massive ovation, I think.

Nice to see the Warriors fans representing in Sac-Town. That was funny, some Lets Go Warriors chants.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:30 pm
don't worry..sfsfsfgiants....i will do some ovation to all W's players...
i am going with my coworker and my manager(darn he is from houston), he like francis..and i told him monta will kill him for sure. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:07 pm
Francis is a good player. He is dangerous. :|
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:10 pm
What a great game this was!
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:12 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Man, I love Matt Barnes. William, you are going to the game tonight. Give him a huge ovation for me. :wink:

I love what he does for us, and love that he always tries, no matter what is happening in his life. This is going to be an emotional game for him. He is a hugely popular player on his first home game back from his mom's passing. He is going to get a massive ovation, I think.

Nice to see the Warriors fans representing in Sac-Town. That was funny, some Lets Go Warriors chants.

Matt Barnes got an incredible ovation when he entered the game yesterday. It was nice to see. A guy going through what he is, and still playing with so much heart!?! He deserved it
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:44 pm
sleandres wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Man, I love Matt Barnes. William, you are going to the game tonight. Give him a huge ovation for me. :wink:

Matt Barnes got an incredible ovation when he entered the game yesterday. It was nice to see. A guy going through what he is, and still playing with so much heart!?! He deserved it

I'm hoping to get to a couple games this year, just to cheer for Barnesy. :mrgreen:
Previous

Return to Game Threads