Game Thread: Warriors @ Sacramento Kings 2007-11-28

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors continue with their small lineup against the Kings?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:51 pm

YES
58%
NO
42%

Total votes : 19

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:29 pm
Hell yeah! The minute Jackson took that first three, I knew it was in. The second one was a pure shot, too. Jackson just going off these last two possessions. Holy sh*t!

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:35 pm
thats how we do it!!!! refs dont help us any, what's new? so we take it ourselves! good ass game! good ass win!!!!!!

R.I.P Ann Barnes
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:38 pm
What a crazy fuckin game! Frickin nerve-racking. I am going to be up until midnight thinking about how they shot the three every single damn time, yet still won the game. Wow! What a game!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:38 pm
What a win and things keep rolling. SJackson came up big when he had too. The team has to keep this going, they could be real special keeping the intensity up

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:39 pm
man, EVERYTHING went wrong for us, but defense in the fourth pulled us through.
ImageImage
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:45 pm
Awesome win. These are games that typical warrior teams just don't win, period. We are starting to get that closer mentality on the road and I love it.

Warriors PWN
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:46 pm
i am sick look at mini moore...keep yelling some stupid words....
in the mid of 4th qtr the frucking referee keep find W's players to foul...
baron didn't do anything to beno but they called foul...monta not even get into martin lay up but they called foul....what the heck...but better team win the game anyway...

S-jax late 3's save us and rush shots by kings cost them this game...what a defense in the last 2 mins....

hey Artest : 'Strong can't help u win the game' use brain....oke.. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:48 pm
So that's what they mean by saying "offense sells tickets, defense wins games."

Defense. Captain Jack coming up huge when nothing was going on offensively. Matt Barnes hustling. This team was out of sync for the majority of the night. Yet, we pulled it out. DEFENSE + BELIEVE = WIN. This game got me pumped.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:50 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:man, EVERYTHING went wrong for us, but defense in the fourth pulled us through.

Yeah holy crap, Kings FG's 2-23 in the fourth? That reminds me of a time a few years ago when the Warriors scored 2 points in the fourth quarter.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:55 pm
JayPat wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:man, EVERYTHING went wrong for us, but defense in the fourth pulled us through.

Yeah holy crap, Kings FG's 2-23 in the fourth? That reminds me of a time a few years ago when the Warriors scored 2 points in the fourth quarter.

After tonight's performance, I think I've completely forgotten that ever happened.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:46 pm
that game had me pulling my hair out, everything from FSN ****ing up the broadcast to the horrible foul calls to the terrible shooting by the W's....the game was ugly but we found a way to win!!!!! If we would have lost I may have thrown my remote through my television, luckily we won!!!
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:55 pm
nickdakoolkat wrote:that game had me pulling my hair out, everything from FSN ****ing up the broadcast to the horrible foul calls to the terrible shooting by the W's....the game was ugly but we found a way to win!!!!! If we would have lost I may have thrown my remote through my television, luckily we won!!!

agreed, this is the most frustrating win i remember. :banghead:
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:11 am
Though I give a lot of credit to the Warriors for pulling this one out it must be said that the Kings are a pathetic team. Artest is pretty good in the post and Martin can score from a lot of places but man, apart from those two there's hardly a player I'd even want on the roster in there (Bibby is okay I guess but he's out for another couple of months).

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:16 am
cladden wrote:Though I give a lot of credit to the Warriors for pulling this one out it must be said that the Kings are a pathetic team. Artest is pretty good in the post and Martin can score from a lot of places but man, apart from those two there's hardly a player I'd even want on the roster in there (Bibby is okay I guess but he's out for another couple of months).

iono..i think id take brad miller. he's really stepped up and improved from last year's slump. im not saying id trade for him or replace a warrior with him...well unless we could replace POB for him at the same salary POB is getting :mrgreen:
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:33 am
Can't comment much about the game. Since we started the road trip, I've only been able to watch the games at Toronto, Boston and the last one against Phoenix. Seems like the games against bad teams are not interesting enough for TVs. :banghead:

From what I've read here and in recaps, defense saved the day in the last quarter, that deserves a :shock:, followed by a :salute: and a :headbang: . And finally, a few :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: .

Now, after the dumbest paragraph of the whole thread, here are my comments (of course, from the boxscore. Keep that in mind if you think I'm talking out of my ass):

1.- Matt Barnes deserves an outstanding ovation for what he's doing at this difficult times for him and his family.

2.- Azu doesn't play as well if he doesn't start. And Monta can still do his job from the bench so, while I don't have a problem playing Monta more minutes than Azu, I'd like to keep things like they were at the beginning of the season.

3.- Related to the previous point, Monta looks like he's definitely out of his funk. That's great news. We needed him after the slow start of the season.

4.- Captain Jack is the true MVP of this team. Baron may be the best player (well, not may be... IS), but Captain Jack is as important, or maybe more, than he is.

5.- We played only 8 guys... While that's a good thing from a chemistry point of view (all of them played enough minutes to feel like important members of team), I'm concerned about the long term effects on some players. I mean, Baron keeps playing over 40 minutes every game...

6.- At least for this game the FTs weren't an issue. 80.8% is pretty good. Let's hope it stays that high. If that happens, that may mean around 5 more wins at the end of the seaosn.

7.- Finally, the Warriors are the team that recovered faster from a 0-6 start of the season, back to a .500 record, in league history. Props to Nellie and the players. They deserve it. :D
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads