Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:11 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:Food for thought: only 3 players registered a negative in the Warriors' plus/minus stats yesterday: Kelenna Azuibuke (-5), Mickael Pietrus (-10), and DJ Mbenga (-5). Looks like your two favorite players (Mbenga & Pietrus) are screwing up, miggy...

Read what JPat wrote :wink:

I guarantee you that almost every single night, Pietrus and Mbenga will have a negative plus/minus stat. They bring the team down, the really do. Pietrus just chucks up threes like there's no tomorow. Mbenga stands there and watches while the guy comes in for a layup. They suck....

Pietrus is shooting 56.6%FG including 37.9% of his threes and making 1,4 out of 3.6 threes a game! This proves he ain't chucking up threes like there's no tomorrow and that he is more than doing his bit to help the team. People just get picky with his dumb plays when he does make them and don't pay attention to the good that he does, that's what's happening :wink:

Statistically Pietrus is having a career year, even better than he did last year with one and a half steals and almost four and a half rebounds. He gets only twenty four minutes a game, less than last year and yet is doing more.

Monta is having a worse season tham Pietrus and is hurting the team more. He is getting almost thirty two minutes a game and is only scoring thirteen points, getting two and a half assists, just less than three rebounds and his shooting percentages are pretty bad. Matt Barnes is another one doing less than last year and doing less than Pietrus.

Maybe people should start giving credit where credit is due and giving Pietrus some positive evluations. The guy is not a scholar out there, nor is he Tim Hardaway handling the ball but he plays his role better than most on the team!

Hope this isn't a racist thing! I don't like the poofy french accents either, nor do I eat frogs and admire bitches that don't shave their arm pits and legs but that has nothing to do with it and I give Pietrus credit and support the man!!!!

Je ami (like not love) Mickael Pietrus.

Je ami (like not love) femmes ce soos bit

:mrgreen:

If you dont watch the games, you cant talk about what the statsheet says! He takes the ball in the corner, covered, and he chucks it up. Someone who actually watches the game, disagree with me on this.... You're argument is that he can shoot well from the field? 60% of his shots are dunks and layups, which he misses a third of the time anyways. He gets bloated stats on his statsheet. All his points are easy points in the lane, all his rebounds are long rebounds right to him (like Troy Murphy) and he fouls like the point of the game is to foul. I wouldnt be sad if they cut him today....

Frankly I don't agree with that. He's been playing well I think. He's very limited but as a spot up shooter he's pretty reliable. He's added a little spot up off the dribble as well. He's being asked to do a hard job at PF and does the best he can. Do I love him? No. Would I rather have had white chocolate? Yes but I think you're too harsh on him. He's playing within the system. You're not bagging on Biedrins for his high FG% are you? His shots are generally easier which is why he leads the league in percentage. That doesn't make it a bad thing.

And I do watch the games.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:19 pm
There's a difference. Biedrins doesn't travel every game. Biedrins doesn't commit stupid, tempo-killing fouls. Biedrins' rebounds give us extra possessions, whereas Pietrus' are long boards (the kind that Jason Kidd and Troy Murphy like to grab).

Pietrus started the season on a hot shooting streak, which I acknowledged. But his percentages are plummeting in the past couple of games. Shooting streaks don't last forever. When Pietrus isn't shooting 60% from the field, what else is he gonna bring? He's not a good PF and we have much better options at SF and SG. He's a waste of court time and, whats worse, he hinders our offense while on the floor. I'd much rather have Jackson, Ellis, Barnes, Azuibuke, and even Belinelli on the floor ahead of him.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:21 pm
cladden wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:Food for thought: only 3 players registered a negative in the Warriors' plus/minus stats yesterday: Kelenna Azuibuke (-5), Mickael Pietrus (-10), and DJ Mbenga (-5). Looks like your two favorite players (Mbenga & Pietrus) are screwing up, miggy...

I guarantee you that almost every single night, Pietrus and Mbenga will have a negative plus/minus stat. They bring the team down, the really do. Pietrus just chucks up threes like there's no tomorow. Mbenga stands there and watches while the guy comes in for a layup. They suck....

Pietrus is shooting 56.6%FG including 37.9% of his threes and making 1,4 out of 3.6 threes a game! This proves he ain't chucking up threes like there's no tomorrow and that he is more than doing his bit to help the team. People just get picky with his dumb plays when he does make them and don't pay attention to the good that he does, that's what's happening :wink:

Statistically Pietrus is having a career year, even better than he did last year with one and a half steals and almost four and a half rebounds. He gets only twenty four minutes a game, less than last year and yet is doing more.

Monta is having a worse season tham Pietrus and is hurting the team more. He is getting almost thirty two minutes a game and is only scoring thirteen points, getting two and a half assists, just less than three rebounds and his shooting percentages are pretty bad. Matt Barnes is another one doing less than last year and doing less than Pietrus.

Maybe people should start giving credit where credit is due and giving Pietrus some positive evluations. The guy is not a scholar out there, nor is he Tim Hardaway handling the ball but he plays his role better than most on the team!

Hope this isn't a racist thing! I don't like the poofy french accents either, nor do I eat frogs and admire bitches that don't shave their arm pits and legs but that has nothing to do with it and I give Pietrus credit and support the man!!!!

If you dont watch the games, you cant talk about what the statsheet says! He takes the ball in the corner, covered, and he chucks it up. Someone who actually watches the game, disagree with me on this.... You're argument is that he can shoot well from the field? 60% of his shots are dunks and layups, which he misses a third of the time anyways. He gets bloated stats on his statsheet. All his points are easy points in the lane, all his rebounds are long rebounds right to him (like Troy Murphy) and he fouls like the point of the game is to foul. I wouldnt be sad if they cut him today....

Frankly I don't agree with that. He's been playing well I think. He's very limited but as a spot up shooter he's pretty reliable. He's added a little spot up off the dribble as well. He's being asked to do a hard job at PF and does the best he can. Do I love him? No. Would I rather have had white chocolate? Yes but I think you're too harsh on him. He's playing within the system. You're not bagging on Biedrins for his high FG% are you? His shots are generally easier which is why he leads the league in percentage. That doesn't make it a bad thing.

There is a HUGE difference in field goal percentage between a center and a wing man. A center is generally going to have a high percentage from the floor. He should. He takes all layups. Like 32 said, though, Biedrins doesnt turn the ball over as much as Pietrus does. We win games because of Biedrins. We lose games because of Pietrus.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:49 pm
cladden wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:

Thanks for beating me to it, I was going to blast sfsf a bit for being rash as well as rude. Like I said, Pietrus is no superstar but he is a good role player and is having a very productive season

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:27 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
cladden wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:

There is a HUGE difference in field goal percentage between a center and a wing man. A center is generally going to have a high percentage from the floor. He should. He takes all layups. Like 32 said, though, Biedrins doesnt turn the ball over as much as Pietrus does. We win games because of Biedrins. We lose games because of Pietrus.

Biedrins in fact turns it over twice a game for .059 turnovers per minute whereas Pietrus turns it over less than once a game (admittedly in fewer minutes) for a pretty reasonable .035 per minute. When was the last time you saw him step out of bounds? I can't remember. Give the man a little break. I am not sure I agree that all his rebounds are bouncing straight to him either. There's no defending his total lack of assists and his FT% but that it's not like we're paying him much.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:34 pm
cladden wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
cladden wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:

Biedrins in fact turns it over twice a game for .059 turnovers per minute whereas Pietrus turns it over less than once a game (admittedly in fewer minutes) for a pretty reasonable .035 per minute. When was the last time you saw him step out of bounds? I can't remember. Give the man a little break. I am not sure I agree that all his rebounds are bouncing straight to him either. There's no defending his total lack of assists and his FT% but that it's not like we're paying him much.

With the FG% comparison, Biedrins is a Center who doesn't shoot from the outside and lives within 5-7ft from the basket, it is expected that he has a good FG% and definately better than a wingman who spots up and shoots from the outside primarily.

As the broe would say, this is hating :mrgreen:

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:59 pm
cladden wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
cladden wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:

There is no way that you can compare what a center does to what a small forward does. Centers are supposed to be more clumsy and I guarantee you that every other team in the league has their center with more turnovers than their small forward. Also, Pietrus turns it over much more than once a game. Maybe they dont count carrying and traveling turnovers but they should. I can see that you have your view and I have mine, so I'm done talking about him, for now at least....
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:00 pm
32 wrote: I'd much rather have Jackson, Ellis, Barnes, Azuibuke, and even Belinelli on the floor ahead of him.

So would I. At least I'm not the only one with this view.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:16 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
32 wrote: I'd much rather have Jackson, Ellis, Barnes, Azuibuke, and even Belinelli on the floor ahead of him.

So would I, most of the time. But his 20~ minutes now are fine I think. Atleast with Barnes out/not playing well. Monta and Pietrus are not interchangable parts. Neither is Beli or really Buike since none of them can reasonably be told to play PF (inasmuch as Pietrus can admittedly).

It's not like he's getting that many shots or that much time.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:29 pm
cladden wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

So would I, most of the time. But his 20~ minutes now are fine I think. Atleast with Barnes out/not playing well. Monta and Pietrus are not interchangable parts. Neither is Beli or really Buike since none of them can reasonably be told to play PF (inasmuch as Pietrus can admittedly).

It's not like he's getting that many shots or that much time.

He shouldn't be getting that many shots! We all know what Pietrus is - A role player whose job is to take open outside shots, rebound as best he can, cut to the basket and slam and lay it in off passes and play very good defense. The days of thinking he could be a star are gone, he just doesn't have the skills to be one but does (and he is showing it) have the skills to be an important part of the team and play his role we. If the guy happens to leave at season's end and turns into a star somewhere else, I can live with that because it has been four years and the man has shown he can play his role and that's it. Point is though, he plays his role well, has been an asset this season and every season really and deserves credit for that

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:35 pm
migya wrote:I was going to blast sfsf a bit for being rash as well as rude.

HAHAHAHA!!!

The man has an educated opinion based on stats, gameplay, and common sense that completely disagrees with yours because you lack all of the above... and HE'S being rude..?

::lol: :mrgreen: Classic miggy. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:41 pm
32 wrote:

HAHAHAHA!!!

The man has an educated opinion based on stats, gameplay, and common sense that completely disagrees with yours because you lack all of the above... and HE'S being rude..?

The man agrees with you on this one, if he didn't you would crying your eyes out, bringing up meaningless points and then finding a way to abuse him like you do :(

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:24 pm
migya wrote:
32 wrote:

HAHAHAHA!!!

The man agrees with you on this one, if he didn't you would crying your eyes out, bringing up meaningless points and then finding a way to abuse him like you do :(

Correct me if I'm wrong... but did miggy just cite his own behavior in this thread and try to morph it into an insult towards me...? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:58 pm
32 wrote:

HAHAHAHA!!!

Hey, it isnt a big deal, just drop it. :thumbleft:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:16 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:

HAHAHAHA!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong... but did miggy just cite his own behavior in this thread and try to morph it into an insult towards me...? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

No, just stating the truth again

PreviousNext

Return to News Articles