Game Thread: Warriors @ Philadelphia 76ers 2007-11-24

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors finish the road trip 4-1?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:33 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 11

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:45 pm
Another pullout win. The team has got to start beating lesser teams convincingly, just hard to tell whether the team is close to really turning the corner and being real playoff caliber, doesn't look like they are just yet. Azu not a great game but the game winner, just another step in his development and should just give him greater confidence and hunger to be a permanent starter for the team. Monta awesome and great to see him get back into form, the team needs him firing off the bench. SJackson not that good and sloppy but he played his part well enough, he is getting some rebounds now. Biedrins is a rock in the middle and doing his thing game to game. What I've noticed is that Harrington seems to be getting lost in all this, not getting much playing time and doing much when he is out there.

Almost back to 50%

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:31 pm
Congratulations Warriors on the best 5 game road trip in 29 years :D
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:54 pm
We shoot it like ****. We turn it over more than them. We're missing free throws like usual and still we come out on top. I love these kind of wins. It's a San Antonio type win. We plain sucked and still took away the W. Monta is back.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:54 pm
The last 2 trips to Phila have been too close for comfort...I am just glad we pulle dthis one out.
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:58 pm
cladden wrote:We shoot it like ****. We turn it over more than them. We're missing free throws like usual and still we come out on top. I love these kind of wins. It's a San Antonio type win. We plain sucked and still took away the W. Monta is back.

We also outrebounded them. Good sign.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:03 am
O.G. Broe wrote:Congratulations Warriors on the best 5 game road trip in 29 years :D

isn't it even longer? The last time they were 4-1 on a road trip was 1973 :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:23 am
I'm pissed by this road trip. Not for the Ws, but because I've only been able to watch a couple of games. I want to start playing good teams again... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Once again, can't comment much about the game. Just glad we got the win and that Monta seems to be back to his old self.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:25 am
coltraning wrote:
O.G. Broe wrote:Congratulations Warriors on the best 5 game road trip in 29 years :D

isn't it even longer? The last time they were 4-1 on a road trip was 1973 :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

but the last time they had a winning % on a 5 game road trip was in 1980...so even shorter, 27 years.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:41 am
The last time ...
-- The Warriors, who just went 4-1 on their road trip, won at least four games on a single road trip: When they went 4-4 on an eight-game trip in 2004-05.

-- The Warriors had a winning record on a five-game road trip: When they went 3-2 in 1980-81.

-- The Warriors won at least four games on a five-game road trip: When they went 5-0 in 1978-79.
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Previous

Return to Game Threads