Michael Beasley

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:19 pm
He's tearing it up! He's averaging over 30 PPG and close to 20 RPG, even though Kstate lost on Thanksgiving. I reckon he could be picked #1 if he continues at this rate (hard to imagine, but it could happen). Anyone else watch him play?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:07 pm
JayPat wrote:He's tearing it up! He's averaging over 30 PPG and close to 20 RPG, even though Kstate lost on Thanksgiving. I reckon he could be picked #1 if he continues at this rate (hard to imagine, but it could happen). Anyone else watch him play?

Holy sh*t. I knew he was a good player, but 30 and 20? Holy crap! I gotta check him out next time he is televised.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:26 am
Yeah, Beasley is really impressive. I'd take this guy over Rose and Mayo in the draft for any team. Kansas State has got a stud.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:53 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Yeah, Beasley is really impressive. I'd take this guy over Rose and Mayo in the draft for any team. Kansas State has got a stud.

That's for sure. I had him rated above both Mayo (something isn't right about O.J. I'd be really wary to draft him) and Rose. The way he's playing, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes #1.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:26 am
TMC wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:Yeah, Beasley is really impressive. I'd take this guy over Rose and Mayo in the draft for any team. Kansas State has got a stud.

That's for sure. I had him rated above both Mayo (something isn't right about O.J. I'd be really wary to draft him) and Rose. The way he's playing, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes #1.

OJ is pretty good, too. From what I saw in his games, he is an unselfish ballplayer. He looks good.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:57 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
TMC wrote:

OJ is pretty good, too. From what I saw in his games, he is an unselfish ballplayer. He looks good.

Yeah, he's good. But I'm not sure he should go #1.

I haven't seen enough of both, tho. Just a few games here and there. That may change between now and the draft.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:44 am
Beasley looks far better than Oden did in college and I could see him being #1 pick. He simply cannot be stopped.
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:18 pm
He's better than Oden and Durant IMO.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:42 pm
Before this kid gets crowned #1 it should be pointed out that he is destroying such powerhouses like

Sacramento St. (tallest player 6'8")
Pittsburgh St.
Western Illinois

I don't want to get too down on his numbers so far (I think he'll be great too) but just keep in mind that if Greg Oden or Kevin Durant were the only option on their respective teams and started the season off against DeVry, Heald, and the University of Phoenix Online they'd probably drop 30 and 20 as well. There's no doubt that Beasely is a savage, but don't get carried away.

Personally I've been wowed by Donte Green's play. I thought he would be too thin to go inside but he's been a monster for Syracuse.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:59 pm
Good point. But 30 and 20 is impressive against anyone. We'll see.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:45 pm
This guy's 6'9, 220 pounds. It is unlikely he will be such a monster in the nba, rebounding at least. Give it the full season and then see what he really does

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:06 am
migya wrote:This guy's 6'9, 220 pounds. It is unlikely he will be such a monster in the nba, rebounding at least. Give it the full season and then see what he really does

:dontknow: I can't see him failing at NBA level. Of course he won't be a 30 and 20 guy, but he's one of those guys that look like a certain 20/10 every game.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:00 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:This guy's 6'9, 220 pounds. It is unlikely he will be such a monster in the nba, rebounding at least. Give it the full season and then see what he really does

:dontknow: I can't see him failing at NBA level. Of course he won't be a 30 and 20 guy, but he's one of those guys that look like a certain 20/10 every game.

Even at such a light weight you think? From what I've seen he has great athleticism so he could rebound well in the nba but looks a scorer more than anything else

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:07 am
migya wrote:Even at such a light weight you think? From what I've seen he has great athleticism so he could rebound well in the nba but looks a scorer more than anything else

Yeah, Wright has proven he can get boards, and he's only 210 pounds (I think). And they're not the only cases. Camby is 225 (albeit a bit taller), Shawn Marion is just 6-7 and 215 pounds...

It's not common, but there are examples.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:58 pm
I mentioned this in a tread before! That Beasley would be the next great superstar to come into the NBA!!! Way before his college career even started!
Next

Return to Sports Board