Game Thread: Warriors @ Washington Wizards 2007-11-23

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounce back against the Wizards?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:33 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 11

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:55 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
~W~ wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
~W~ wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:I, for one, was unhappy to see Mbenga out there once again. As well as Croshere. It's time to give their minutes to POB and Wright more. But hey, Wright seems to be working himself up in the rotation. If he keeps up his solid play and hustle, he'll be getting his due in no time.

Wright missing lay ups too... I gotta call him out on that... but otherwise he gave gave us another solid effort...

Yeah, a couple he should have made, but to his credit, the big guys were all over him. Not all of them were his fault.

True.. but seeing how I called out DJ Mbenga on his miss dunk, gotta be consistent and call out Wright for his blown lay-ups. (There was one where he just rushed it)...

HEY NELLY --> Give the kid 7-10 minutes each half... Kid can play, rather see him then DJ Mbenga ANYTIME

The difference between Mbenga's and Wright's misses, though, was Mbenga's was a wide open fast break. He just tripped over himself. Wright had the body control to grab the rebound and tried his best to get it in there. There was probably contact inside, too.

As for getting him playing time, I am all for it. As I said earlier, he helps a team win. I wish he could get more consistant playing time rather than a minute or two here and there. He comes in, does well for ten minutes, then gets no more playing time for the rest of the night. I dont understand it.

actually i was watching m dvr and it looked like a brick to me... just rushed it... but i did notice that he is exceptionally quick which goes very well with his length
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:57 pm
~W~ wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
~W~ wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
~W~ wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:I, for one, was unhappy to see Mbenga out there once again. As well as Croshere. It's time to give their minutes to POB and Wright more. But hey, Wright seems to be working himself up in the rotation. If he keeps up his solid play and hustle, he'll be getting his due in no time.

Wright missing lay ups too... I gotta call him out on that... but otherwise he gave gave us another solid effort...

Yeah, a couple he should have made, but to his credit, the big guys were all over him. Not all of them were his fault.

True.. but seeing how I called out DJ Mbenga on his miss dunk, gotta be consistent and call out Wright for his blown lay-ups. (There was one where he just rushed it)...

HEY NELLY --> Give the kid 7-10 minutes each half... Kid can play, rather see him then DJ Mbenga ANYTIME

The difference between Mbenga's and Wright's misses, though, was Mbenga's was a wide open fast break. He just tripped over himself. Wright had the body control to grab the rebound and tried his best to get it in there. There was probably contact inside, too.

As for getting him playing time, I am all for it. As I said earlier, he helps a team win. I wish he could get more consistant playing time rather than a minute or two here and there. He comes in, does well for ten minutes, then gets no more playing time for the rest of the night. I dont understand it.

actually i was watching my dvr and it looked like a brick to me... just rushed it... but i did notice that he is exceptionally quick which goes very well with his length

:shock: Are we talking about the same one? Maybe not. I saw one that he got bumped and missed it because of it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:28 am
Great win by the team. Baron amazing again and playing at MVP level right now. SJackson wasn't looking too good until his third quarter, 2.5min explosion and nice threes in the fourth. BWright getting some court time, more than usual but not doing much with it really. As long as his active that's a plus and he should get it going with consistent court time. I've got to credit Pietrus yet again, he did very well in the minutes he got and continues to play his role, hitting some shots and getting some rebounds.

This had to be a win though and was nowhere near a spanking. The defense has to improve for the team to move to the next level but the scoring seems just great right now

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:15 am
Didn't see this game (hey, it was Friday night!!!), so I don't have much to comment on. Just, from the boxscore, that seems like S-Jax is as important as we believed (we're a completely different team with him) and that Baron, while amazing as always, is still playing too much. He's an injury waiting to happen if he keeps playing 40+ minutes every game.

Other than that, seems like Wright has surpassed any other inside player coming from the bench (or so it seems looking at the minutes they played). That's good news. Hopefully Nellie will increase his minutes during the season.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:22 am
TMC wrote:Didn't see this game (hey, it was Friday night!!!), so I don't have much to comment on. Just, from the boxscore, that seems like S-Jax is as important as we believed (we're a completely different team with him) and that Baron, while amazing as always, is still playing too much. He's an injury waiting to happen if he keeps playing 40+ minutes every game.

Other than that, seems like Wright has surpassed any other inside player coming from the bench (or so it seems looking at the minutes they played). That's good news. Hopefully Nellie will increase his minutes during the season.

Jackson started out COLD. 1 for 8 in the first half. In the second half, he scored 14 straight points, for either team, and everything went in. He was awesome during a 10 minute stretch.

As for Baron playing too much, he has to. No Troy Hudson means no serviceable backup.

*EDIT* 2200 posts. :bday:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:59 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:As for Baron playing too much, he has to. No Troy Hudson means no serviceable backup.

I thought someone said before Monta was playing more PG lately... and mistake-free.

sfsfsfgiants wrote:*EDIT* 2200 posts. :bday:

AGAIN???... Oh, well. :bday:

:mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:10 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:*EDIT* 2200 posts. :bday:

hmmm........ uhum....... spam :mrgreen:

Just playing with you buddy :wink:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:06 am
What a great game, both teams were on fire, Warriors from downtown were money, but the free throwing was pretty bas. I guess they just have to focus on outscoring their opponents and not rely on getting to the line.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:38 am
zshook wrote:What a great game, both teams were on fire, Warriors from downtown were money, but the free throwing was pretty bas. I guess they just have to focus on outscoring their opponents and not rely on getting to the line.

They need to focus on defensive rebounding as well. They gave up way too many second chance points.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:58 pm
Baron's recent rebounding surge doesn't appear to be a coincindence...

Baron Davis wrote:"I made a conscious effort of trying to hit the boards a little bit more. I've been watching Jason Kidd a lot, and the way he rebounds, to me, is impeccable. He's always been one of the guys that I've always looked up to and I've admired his game and tried to pattern my game after.''
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:04 pm
TMC wrote:Didn't see this game (hey, it was Friday night!!!), so I don't have much to comment on. Just, from the boxscore.

Well that never stopped migya :mrgreen:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:31 pm
O.G. Broe wrote:
TMC wrote:Didn't see this game (hey, it was Friday night!!!), so I don't have much to comment on. Just, from the boxscore.

Well that never stopped migya :mrgreen:

Too right buddy and I can still give an honest evaluation and not revert to pretending everything is alright when it isn't and try to call out others when they give an honest evaluation :mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:30 am
32 wrote:Baron's recent rebounding surge doesn't appear to be a coincindence...

Baron Davis wrote:"I made a conscious effort of trying to hit the boards a little bit more. I've been watching Jason Kidd a lot, and the way he rebounds, to me, is impeccable. He's always been one of the guys that I've always looked up to and I've admired his game and tried to pattern my game after.''

gotta love that. anytime you get someone trying to model their game after Kidd's it's always great for their team.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:47 am
EMan32 wrote:

gotta love that. anytime you get someone trying to model their game after Kidd's it's always great for their team.

Though I gotta say. If we had swapped Baron for Kidd before last season we would not have been even close to the playoffs IMO.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:36 am
cladden wrote:
EMan32 wrote:

Though I gotta say. If we had swapped Baron for Kidd before last season we would not have been even close to the playoffs IMO.

We would be a much more exciting team but not a better team. Kidd is a great player but Baron is much more practical for this team.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads