Game Thread: Warriors @ Philadelphia 76ers 2007-11-24

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Can the Warriors finish the road trip 4-1?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:33 pm

100%
YES
No votes
NO

Total votes: 11

All Star
» Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:33 pm
Golden State Warriors (4-7) @ Philadelphia 76ers (3-8)

Start time 4:00 PM PST @ Wachovia Center

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Kelenna Azubuike
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Philadelphia 76ers
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Andre Miller
SG - Willie Green
SF - Andre Iguodala
PF - Reggie Evans
C - Samuel Dalembert

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (23.4) | A. Iguodala (17.5)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.7) | R. Evans (8.9)
APG - B. Davis (8.4) | A. Iguodala (5.0)
SPG - B. Davis (2.0) | A. Iguodala (1.7)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.5) | S. Dalembert (2.0)

All Star
» Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:34 pm
Its back-to-back...but hell...it's philadelphia...

Starting Lineup
» Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:48 pm
Back to back to never good. This game will depend on our reserves...

Franchise Player
» Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:55 pm
Hell yeah! The way we have been playing these last few games on the roadtrip, Philly wont beat us. Keep an eye on Samuel Dalembert. He really scares me. Like ~W~ said, our reserves need to do well. Maybe we can get Troy Hudson back?

Warriors by 6.

» Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:56 pm
This is a scary game because the Sixers are like the Warriors; they can heat up extremely quickly and be very hard to stop when they're firing on all cylinders. Top it off with the tail end of a back to back, and you've got yourself a game.

Baron plays 40 minutes again and the Warriors take it by less than 15.

Starting Lineup
» Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:07 pm
32 wrote:This is a scary game because the Sixers are like the Warriors; they can heat up extremely quickly and be very hard to stop when they're firing on all cylinders. Top it off with the tail end of a back to back, and you've got yourself a game.

Thats what I'm afraid of, Baron should be playing around 30-35 minutes a game. This is going to wear him down... BTW... I'm not a big Troy Hudson fan and I rather see Monta out there with Sjax then Troy Hudson...

All Star
» Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:16 pm
~W~ wrote:
32 wrote:This is a scary game because the Sixers are like the Warriors; they can heat up extremely quickly and be very hard to stop when they're firing on all cylinders. Top it off with the tail end of a back to back, and you've got yourself a game.

Thats what I'm afraid of, Baron should be playing around 30-35 minutes a game. This is going to wear him down... BTW... I'm not a big Troy Hudson fan and I rather see Monta out there with Sjax then Troy Hudson...

I don't think Hudson has gotten enough playing time to judge, as he did have a bad opener. Time will tell. If he can have a good shot selection, I wouldn't mind him.

All Star
» Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:49 pm
i am not worry about Dalembert....maybe i have to say is Iguodala...he didn't play well these few games and i am really afraid he will fire up this time....but comparing to our players then W's will pull out this game again and make it 4-1...
We need to keep Baron play time under 40 minutes /game...we just try to make him stay healthy this season...

W's by 10 :wink:

Franchise Player
» Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:06 pm
GSW United wrote:i am not worry about Dalembert....maybe i have to say is Iguodala...he didn't play well these few games and i am really afraid he will fire up this time....but comparing to our players then W's will pull out this game again and make it 4-1...
We need to keep Baron play time under 40 minutes /game...we just try to make him stay healthy this season...

W's by 10 :wink:

Dalembert can stop a team's offensive game right in it's tracks. He will probably get 10 points, 12 rebounds, and 5 blocks tomorrow night. Just hoping that it doesnt change the course of the game.
Last edited by sfsfsfgiants on Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Role Player
» Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:49 pm
It's the second of a back-to-back for Philly,too. So, warriors by 10+.

All Star
» Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:53 am
Boths teams coming off a back-to-back. The W's ought to tire them out, I expect great 1st and 3rd quarters. I am feeling a 20 pt night from Monta, but I also expect AI to go off...30-8-8. The rest of the 6ers will go quitley, the Warriors win a closer game than some might expect. Warriors by 5.

Hall of Famer
» Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:31 am
Should be a win and for momentum purposes, has to be one. The Sixers have talent but not a whole lot of it and they are not playing well either.

I reckon Monta will have a big game just because there is noone on the Sixers to really defend him.

Warriors by 10

Hall of Famer
» Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:10 am
I think it will be a close game, but purely because it's a back-to-back. Both teams are not even close in terms of talent.

Won't be easy, but we have a chance to end the trip 4-1. That's a pretty impressive record on the road, even if it's against eastern teams.

Dubs by 6.

Starting Lineup
» Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:19 pm
76ers will lead first. But the Warriors will take control after that. NP for the Dubs. Pietrus and Azu go off in this game.

Warriors by 9

Starting Lineup
» Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:00 pm
since everyone is making BOLD predictions... ima say, POB goes for Double Double.. and B Nellie goes for career high making at least four 3 point FGs