Interesting read about Nellie being in the HOF.

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Should Nellie be in the HOF?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:24 pm

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 10

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:24 pm
Although, I think one pre-requisite is to have atleast ONE championship................something Im affraid he isnt going to get.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball ... f_calling/
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:01 pm
For Christs sake! He wins games! It doesnt matter if he hasnt won a championship. As long as you mass together wins for a long time, as Nellie has, you are a hall of famer.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:26 pm
There's no such pre-requisite, as far as I know. It's about legacy (there's one about being active for at least 25 seasons) and contributions to the game, both more than covered by Nellie.

He clearly deserves to be there.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:57 pm
TMC wrote:There's no such pre-requisite, as far as I know. It's about legacy (there's one about being active for at least 25 seasons) and contributions to the game, both more than covered by Nellie.

He clearly deserves to be there.

Totally agree. Nelson will be HOFer

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:11 am
Perhaps I should have said that I feel the reason he isnt in there now is because he hasnt won a championship.

Theres a big difference between winning in regular season and winning in the playoffs.

I am no way saying that Nellie does not deserve to be there, for the various innovations, the personality, the uncompromising nature...................all that and his many years in the game, second winningest coach.............he deserves to be in.

I wanted this more to be a discussion about why he isnt in already!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:55 am
bigstrads wrote:I wanted this more to be a discussion about why he isnt in already!!

Probably because he's not retired. I mean, a few coaches get into before they're are retired, but those are truly unique coaches. The rest of them usually have to wait til they retire. And keep in mind the limit of 25 years active.

Guess that what I'm saying is that Nellie would be in if he weren't coaching right now.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:03 pm
He deserves it, but the Hall of Fame is a bankrupt system anyway with a bunch of know-nothings who think Womens' high school basketball coaches in Eritrea are more important than NBA players.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:21 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:He deserves it, but the Hall of Fame is a bankrupt system anyway with a bunch of know-nothings who think Womens' high school basketball coaches in Eritrea are more important than NBA players.

You tell it Pest! Women are only good for washing clothes and suking you know what! ............. Right????

:mrgreen:

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:10 am
Migya wrote:

You tell it Pest! Women are only good for washing clothes and suking you know what! ............. Right????

Ohh Mig...............playing right into that Australian man bigot stereotype!!! :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:40 am
bigstrads wrote:Migya wrote:

Ohh Mig...............playing right into that Australian man bigot stereotype!!! :mrgreen:

Who?
Oh you mean that Australian man "bigone" type. Yea, sure, I'll say I'm somewhat in that group :mrgreen:

Return to News Articles