Chris Kaman might get MIP

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Reckon Kaman has a good chance of getting MIP

1. Yes, he will keep this production up for the rest of the season actually
0
No votes
2. Yes but he will drop his production by about 1/5 across the board
1
14%
3. No, but he will still produce well, a double double at least
4
57%
4. That ugly wannker will fall back down to Earth like the fat pig he is
2
29%
 
Total votes : 7

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21366
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:43 am
Kaman had another great game last night and the way he is going, he'll get Most Improved Player. The guy is averaging over 18pts, 14rebs and 2.5blks, while shooting over 51%FG and over 83%FT! Surely he won't keep it up but the guy is one of the biggest monsters in the nba right now
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:48 am
Too early to tell. So far, John Salmons should get it. Kaman is having a big season, tho, and will have a chance if he's able to keep playing like this during all the year. But that's a big if.

I'd rather wait til the ASG (at least) to even consider someone for MIP. The season is just too young.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21366
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:59 am
Salmons is now on the bench behind Artest, so I've read and thus is not producing anywhere near as much as he did when Artest was not there. Kaman is the only real Center the Clips have so he has a chance to keep it going or at least to play alot
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:03 am
migya wrote:Salmons is now on the bench behind Artest, so I've read and thus is not producing anywhere near as much as he did when Artest was not there. Kaman is the only real Center the Clips have so he has a chance to keep it going or at least to play alot


Well, Salmons had another 21 and 10 game last night (Artest was out), and you never know what may happen with Ron. He might get traded, suspended, decide to leave the team... Salmons is doing anything he can to get his minutes, and, if I had to bet, I'd do it for the Kings keeping Salmons on the starting lineup and Artest being traded to the Knicks.

I stand with what I said. So far, the MIP should be Salmons. That may change in a month, but that still has to happen.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21366
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:15 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Salmons is now on the bench behind Artest, so I've read and thus is not producing anywhere near as much as he did when Artest was not there. Kaman is the only real Center the Clips have so he has a chance to keep it going or at least to play alot


Well, Salmons had another 21 and 10 game last night (Artest was out), and you never know what may happen with Ron. He might get traded, suspended, decide to leave the team... Salmons is doing anything he can to get his minutes, and, if I had to bet, I'd do it for the Kings keeping Salmons on the starting lineup and Artest being traded to the Knicks.

I stand with what I said. So far, the MIP should be Salmons. That may change in a month, but that still has to happen.



That could be a viable option for the Kings, trade Artest and likely to the Knicks. Artest is intriguing because he has the skill to be a top 10 player in the nba but the attitude to be the biggest distraction.

A nice trade is Bibby and Artest for Marbury and Randolph or something similar
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:17 am
migya wrote:A nice trade is Bibby and Artest for Marbury and Randolph or something similar


Makes sense for both teams... but I can't see the Knicks trading Randolph so fast.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13512
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:36 am
You also need to look at the situation. Kaman's numbers will drop drastically when Elton Brand returns (thats assuming he's able to keep them up to begin with, which I wouldn't bet on).

My early money's on LaMacrus Alderidge. What's he scoring? 18? 19 PPG for the Blazers? Plus 9 rebounds and a block per game? Those kinda numbers, Alderidge can keep up. Kaman won't end the season averaging 18/14/3. Those are fluke numbers.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:57 am
32 wrote:My early money's on LaMacrus Alderidge. What's he scoring? 18? 19 PPG for the Blazers? Plus 9 rebounds and a block per game? Those kinda numbers, Alderidge can keep up. Kaman won't end the season averaging 18/14/3. Those are fluke numbers.


18, 7.5 boards and almost a block per game. Good numbers, although not on par with Salmon's and Kaman's. As both players will (probably) have reduced roles on their teams when the stars come back, Aldridge should be in the mix, too.

Oh, and we're forgetting about Azubuike.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21366
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:23 pm
32 wrote:You also need to look at the situation. Kaman's numbers will drop drastically when Elton Brand returns (thats assuming he's able to keep them up to begin with, which I wouldn't bet on).


Not sure Brand will be back this season and if he is, it will be no earlier than March, so I've read. It will likely take a while for him to get back to good form.


32 wrote:My early money's on LaMacrus Alderidge. What's he scoring? 18? 19 PPG for the Blazers? Plus 9 rebounds and a block per game? Those kinda numbers, Alderidge can keep up. Kaman won't end the season averaging 18/14/3. Those are fluke numbers.


Great point and you're probably right, Aldridhe might well be the guy to get it because he wil keep it up
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21366
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:25 pm
TMC wrote:Oh, and we're forgetting about Azubuike.



IF Azu keeps his performance up, unlikely with the return of SJackson and possible return to form of Monta, he definately is a big chance at getting MIP
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: oakland
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:36 pm
don't forget Debbie Gibson from cleveland..oke. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:03 am
migya wrote:Not sure Brand will be back this season and if he is, it will be no earlier than March, so I've read. It will likely take a while for him to get back to good form.


I've read that he might be back by the end of January or beginning of February.

Guess it depends on how he's doing with his rehab and the chances of making the playoffs the Clips have...

Return to Sports Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest