Game Thread: Warriors @ Boston Celtics 2007-11-21

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors overcome the all-stars of Boston?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:57 pm

YES
57%
NO
43%

Total votes : 14

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:41 pm
MBENGA Please DONT SHOOT THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:42 pm
WarriorJoe wrote:MBENGA Please DONT SHOOT THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, he made a mid range jumper. :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:00 am
J-Rich wrote:Yeah, it's doesn't help either that you have 3 of the top 20 players on your team either!!! Your a genius!!! Nellie didn't turn last year team into a playoff team!!! He even admitted last yr it was his fault that they couldn't make a hard push! And then who came back from a hand and knee injury??? You mama!!! J-rich baby!!!

Amidst a barrage of ungrammatical points, non sequiturs, and exclamation marks, oh yes the exclamation marks, you appear to have refuted the majority of your own assertions.

Jury, the defense rests.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:18 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
J-Rich wrote:Yeah, it's doesn't help either that you have 3 of the top 20 players on your team either!!! Your a genius!!! Nellie didn't turn last year team into a playoff team!!! He even admitted last yr it was his fault that they couldn't make a hard push! And then who came back from a hand and knee injury??? You mama!!! J-rich baby!!!

Amidst a barrage of ungrammatical points, non sequiturs, and exclamation marks, oh yes the exclamation marks, you appear to have refuted the majority of your own assertions.

Jury, the defense rests.

Give the guy credit, he admitted he was wrong at least somewhat

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:40 am
J-Rich wrote:This team ain't the same as last year! Our defense is bad as well as the rebounding and FT's! Whose fault is this??? It's the coach!!!

I am kinda pissed with Nelson over the free throw misses myself.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:46 am
cladden wrote:
J-Rich wrote:This team ain't the same as last year! Our defense is bad as well as the rebounding and FT's! Whose fault is this??? It's the coach!!!

I am kinda pissed with Nelson over the free throw misses myself.

:mrgreen: That old bastard

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:56 am
J-Rich wrote:Time to fire Nellie!!! This team does not have the same offensive game as last year! I think Smart could do a better job while giving the young players PT!!!

You are absolutely right lets fire NELLY, the rapper??? This team does not have the offensive of game as last year, they dont even play like they were playing last year. They are not the same... Baron is older, Nelly is older, Sajx is older (GRANTED all one year older) but older nevertheless. Gas price is higher, GLOBAL WARMING is getting worse, GOOGLE stock is huge, damn iPhones everywhere....

whose fault is this??? ITS NELSON'S fault dammit!@!@ FIRE HIS *ss :banghead:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:43 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:I love how quick people are to blame and credit coaches. The team that just beat us (Boston) has maybe the worst coach in the league. Coaches can usually make a 5 game difference maximum for a season.

Yeah, it's between Saunders and him... and I'd still rate Saunders a bit over Rivers. What an awful coach who's still in the league thanks to that miraculous season with the Magic (that ended with a .500 record).

The only thing I will say about the fire Nellie nonsense is this: just remember Monty's tenure...

As for the game itself... It was expected. A tough game against one of the top teams in the league, the second of back-to-back games, without Al... I didn't expect a win. Maybe a closer game, but I'm not disappointed by the game.

And Wright was certainly impressive. Hope he starts getting a few more minutes after this outing.

When I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I had my doubts about Wrights rebounding skills and 32 defended him before he played a single NBA minute. Turns out he was right. You won this round, buddy. :D
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:13 am
~W~ wrote:
J-Rich wrote:Time to fire Nellie!!! This team does not have the same offensive game as last year! I think Smart could do a better job while giving the young players PT!!!

You are absolutely right lets fire NELLY, the rapper??? This team does not have the offensive of game as last year, they dont even play like they were playing last year. They are not the same... Baron is older, Nelly is older, Sajx is older (GRANTED all one year older) but older nevertheless. Gas price is higher, GLOBAL WARMING is getting worse, GOOGLE stock is huge, damn iPhones everywhere....

Ahahahahahaha!!!!! That made my day! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:18 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
~W~ wrote:

Ahahahahahaha!!!!! That made my day! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That bitch that got emailed to me not too long ago made my day, pitty don't have the fuker on my hard drive anymore, had to reinstall the fuker

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:54 am
~W~ wrote:

You forgot that it's also his fault that Halle Berry won't star in NC17 movies and the hollywood writers have gone on strike 8)
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:05 am
I take Jessica Alba but I will settle for Halle Berry....

:agrue:

DAMN YOU NELSON....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:44 am
TMC wrote:When I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I had my doubts about Wrights rebounding skills and 32 defended him before he played a single NBA minute. Turns out he was right. You won this round, buddy. :D

:D Did you see the game yet, TMC? Wright was extremely active, knocking the ball away on help defense, altering shots by leaping at opponents... hell, he even canned a 7-foot hook shot in the lane (almost out to the free throw line). If the kid can already rebound at an NBA level (9 in 10 minutes..??), than there's no reason to keep benching him. The Warriors need him. Nellie needs him.

Until Harrington returns, I think we need to stop starting Pietrus at PF (really, him on Garnett yesterday was comical) and let Brandan get his feet wet. What could it hurt? At the very worst, you'll get a mess of rebounds and a usual bench warmer that averages 5 minutes per game will foul out early! There's no reason not to give him a shot.

Now how about O'Bryant, too, Nellie?? Whats with this recent fling with Mbenga's goofy ass...?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:11 pm
32 wrote: :D Did you see the game yet, TMC? Wright was extremely active, knocking the ball away on help defense, altering shots by leaping at opponents... hell, he even canned a 7-foot hook shot in the lane (almost out to the free throw line). If the kid can already rebound at an NBA level (9 in 10 minutes..??), than there's no reason to keep benching him. The Warriors need him. Nellie needs him.

I did. And I'm certainly impressed with the few flashes I've seen of him. He seems to be all you said since draft day (I've never doubted his talent, but I did about how his game would translate to the NBA... I must now say that so far, so good). He has to bulk up a bit, without losing his quickness (one of his biggest weapons). Other than that, Wright seems to have all the tools to become a productive player. Even right now. He obviously lacks experience in game situations... but there's a quick way to get it. Playing.

32 wrote:Until Harrington returns, I think we need to stop starting Pietrus at PF (really, him on Garnett yesterday was comical) and let Brandan get his feet wet. What could it hurt? At the very worst, you'll get a mess of rebounds and a usual bench warmer that averages 5 minutes per game will foul out early! There's no reason not to give him a shot.

Yeah, the Pietrus at PF experiment was doomed from the beginning. I don't know why he keeps playing. His numbers aren't bad, but, at times, I have the feeling he's making more damage than helping.

Play Wright, god dammit!!!. Even if only 15 min per game.

32 wrote:Now how about O'Bryant, too, Nellie?? Whats with this recent fling with Mbenga's goofy ass...?

Guess he's just more confortable with MBenga. Why?. Only Nellie knows...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:24 pm
I don't understand it either... Inconsistent minutes is hurting POB right now. Guy had a VERY productive outing vs. the Clippers and you reward with with little to NO meaningful PT at NY and same thing here against the Celtics. POB is AB back-up its time Nellie starts making that his rotation.

I still have NO idea what the rotation is, because it varies too much...

Baron
Azu
Sajx
Harrington
AB

our second unit (probably mix in baron or Sjax)

Monta
Belli
Barnes
Wright
POB
Previous

Return to Game Threads