Game Thread: Warriors @ Boston Celtics 2007-11-21

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors overcome the all-stars of Boston?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:57 pm

YES
8
57%
NO
6
43%
 
Total votes : 14

User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:54 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote: Mbenga looks like shi*t. He doenst look like he is able to play offense, and his defense doesnt impress me, as he looks timid.


The last two games shows that he's very uncoordinated--and runs like he's in pain. I'm surprised he made that short jumper.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:55 pm
CjR wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote: Mbenga looks like shi*t. He doenst look like he is able to play offense, and his defense doesnt impress me, as he looks timid.


The last two games shows that he's very uncoordinated--and runs like he's in pain. I'm surprised he made that short jumper.


That was actually kind of funny, when he made that. I was shocked and so was he. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:06 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
CjR wrote: If they don’t shoot/play better to start the 3rd, I’d play Bwright, O’Bryant, and Marco heavy minutes the rest of the way.


Yeah, change what isnt working, even if you are benching a good player who is cold. What they are doing isnt working.


Right, plus give them valuable courtime (regardless of the outcome) that we'll need down the road.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:09 pm
They are still very much in this game. 15 points and big mo is pretty good against a team that is obviously better than you. They do need to start putting some points together, though. The defense has been there. Boston will get their points. They just need to slow them down a little bit.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:21 pm
Dammit Pietrus!!!!! All you do is stand there and foul people!!!! Also, you like to brick wide open threes!!!!
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:24 pm
I want to see this lineup as the fourth quarter progresses:

O'Bryant
Wright
Jackson
Belinelli
Ellis

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:24 pm
Time for B Nelly... and Wright.... and LASME... o wait i forgot we dumped him for good o Mbenga
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:32 pm
As much as I like to bitch and moan, I will give credit where credit is due. Brandan Wright seems like a real player. He is always on the ball. Grabbing nice rebounds, defending shots, and getting inside points. He never stops hustling. They need to get him some more playing time.
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:36 pm
~W~ wrote:Time for B Nelly... and Wright.... and LASME... o wait i forgot we dumped him for good o Mbenga


I really didn't understand that move. Lasme was a nice and physical player. He never got the chance.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:40 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:As much as I like to bitch and moan, I will give credit where credit is due. Brandan Wright seems like a real player. He is always on the ball. Grabbing nice rebounds, defending shots, and getting inside points. He never stops hustling. They need to get him some more playing time.


Correction: Wright has been INHALING rebounds...

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:48 pm
CjR wrote:
~W~ wrote:Time for B Nelly... and Wright.... and LASME... o wait i forgot we dumped him for good o Mbenga


I really didn't understand that move. Lasme was a nice and physical player. He never got the chance.


B Nelly needs to hit them jumpers... Wright, OMG how many rebounds does he have
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:48 pm
~W~ wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:As much as I like to bitch and moan, I will give credit where credit is due. Brandan Wright seems like a real player. He is always on the ball. Grabbing nice rebounds, defending shots, and getting inside points. He never stops hustling. They need to get him some more playing time.


Correction: Wright has been INHALING rebounds...


:mrgreen: That was a good word for him to use. :wink:

I like O'Bryant out there, too. Nice block on Big Baby Davis, who looks even bigger than he did in college.

Tough loss, but what can you do? You got outplayed by a great team.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:49 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I want to see this lineup as the fourth quarter progresses:

O'Bryant
Wright
Jackson
Belinelli
Ellis


almost....

POB
Wright
B Nelly
Ellis
WTF --> CROSHERE
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:59 pm
~W~ wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I want to see this lineup as the fourth quarter progresses:

O'Bryant
Wright
Jackson
Belinelli
Ellis


almost....

POB
Wright
B Nelly
Ellis
WTF --> CROSHERE


I liked that going big thing. It worked well. I was cheering for Brandan to get his 10th rebound, sort of a milestone.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21447
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:02 pm
Not a total thrashing as the team was in it most of the way. Bad game by most players, Baron included. Monta with somewhat of a breakout game and BWright with alot of rebounds in short minutes. Nelson needs to review his use of players when they are not playing well over young bench players that have shown promise and their limited court time
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests