Game Thread: Warriors @ Boston Celtics 2007-11-21

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors overcome the all-stars of Boston?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:57 pm

YES
57%
NO
43%

Total votes : 14

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:57 pm
Golden State Warriors (3-6) @ Boston Celtics (8-1)

Start time 4:30 PM PST @ TD Banknorth Garden

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Kelenna Azubuike
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Boston Celtics
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Rajon Rondo
SG - Ray Allen
SF - Paul Pierce
PF - Kevin Garnett
C - Kendrick Perkins

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (23.8) | P. Pierce (22.7)
RPG - A. Biedrins (11.1) | K. Garnett (13.3)
APG - B. Davis (9.1) | R. Rondo (4.8)
SPG - B. Davis (1.6) | K. Garnett (2.3)
BPG - S. Jackson (2.0) | K. Perkins (1.8)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:58 pm
This I would imagine would be their toughest opponents on this road trip. Warriors will need to be executing on all cylinders to come out of Boston with a victory.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:59 pm
I'm sorry, but no, they wont be able to stop KG. This is by far the toughest game on the road trip, but this is the only game that I see them losing. Dont get me wrong, I'm not wishing them to lose, but trying to be realistic.

Boston by 11.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:35 pm
The only way the team wins this is by shooting well and defending. Biedrins can do a good job on Garnett somewhat. SJackson, Pietrus and Barnes can all guard Pierce and RAllen. The team has to outplay the Celts 6 players to 3 and not one to one. Don't think the team will win because it is in Boston but they very well could as they have been better the last couple of games and may be coming together

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:48 pm
I think the Dubz will pull it out. Baron will come out fired up going against peirce, and with SJax back our team is whole again....but we will have to play a complete game to pull this one out. We need more from pietrus, and possibly a contribution from both POB and BWright...
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:03 pm
i am pretty confident about this boston game...they rely too much on big 3.
but W's are all over the board...5 players can make play, if u stop Baron then s-jax will step up, but boston if u can slow down garnett and pierce the game is pretty much over...

i want to see if W's play speed with them,let them die by exhausted...hehehehe :mrgreen:

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:14 pm
let's be honest - back to back game after the best team in the east by far, hungry for a win after their first loss in 9 games...

not a chance
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:09 am
I voted yes - it was a heart vote and I wouldn't make that bet. I think they match up much better against the celtics than against the spurs or jazz, though. It is not inconceivable, but I agree that hands down it is the hardest road game of the trip - they could certainly end the trip 4-1...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:28 am
I can't wait to see this game. We're a different team right now, playing much better and finishing games (as proven in the Toronto game). We've won 3 straight and the team is in its highest point since the beginning of the season.

With that said, and in a back-to-back, I doubt we'll be able to get a win at Boston. But I'd take a L at Boston if we keep winning the rest of the trip.

Celtics by 8.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:37 am
I think its all gonna be a bit much for us. Its not like we could put S-Jax on Pierce, Allen and KG..............Biedrins wont be able to handle KG, will get into foul trouble...........S-Jax on Pierce so they can bang at each other..........maybe Monta or Pietrus chasing Allen all about the place.

After that, Im not worried at all..............but that is a hell of alot to worry about and be consumed with on D.

We shall see but as previously said, Im happy to end this trip with this one as a loss...................NO MORE THOUGH!!! lol
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:38 am
W's by 6
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:12 am
I think the poll is a little off. CAN the W's win, yes. WILL they, I'm thinking no. Back to back on a road trip is hard enough, but to come against the (currently) best team in the East for that second game will prove very difficult.

Should be fun to watch. How many people do we use to front/double KG? Jack on Pierce, BD on Allen. No Al might be a real killer on both offense and defense.

Celts, in a fairly close game.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:23 am
Ugh. Boston destroys perimeter teams. The only team that was able to slay them, thus far, were the Magic, who rode the inside production of Dwight Howard. On top of that, we're on the tail end of a back-to-back and Baron played until 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter yesterday.

Celtics by 15. Maybe more.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:26 am
no Harrington tonight?
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:28 am
harrington's absence from the game will make it even harder...
Next

Return to Game Threads