Game Thread: Warriors @ New York Knicks 2007-11-20

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors extend the win-streak to three?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:28 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 17

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:38 pm
i heard W's order some big size of security uniform...maybe for Mbenga. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:54 pm
Its garbage time now!!!..............YEAAAAH!

Baron with an awesome floor game to go with 31 and counting, he and Sjax virtually unstopable............swarming defense (I know! although the Knicks are pretty awful) with hands in the lanne, lots of steals, weakside blocks.

Overall, great game for the boys.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:12 pm
Good win for the dubs, as all wins are good. Another game was handed to them and this time even more so than in Toronto.

Still, the warriors hustled on D and made some nice plays. They need to work on their hands still and hanging on to those rebounds. I liked the minutes Croshere gave, he played smart, boxed out and only shot when necessary, making both.

I hope this was just a feeling out game for Mbenga. There is no reason he should get any playing time of Chef ever. Belinelli looked lost out there.

The dubs are coming back and i'm expecting to be over .500 well before christmas. I think we will have a close game with boston with a very good chance of winning it
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:23 pm
sleandres wrote:I expect Monta to score at least 18, as I dropped him from my fantasy team (that usually means he will have a good few weeks!)

Yea, I was thinking of dropping him from my teams but you never know when he wil catch fire but he will sooner or later

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:25 pm
Jesus Christ, Mbenga! God damn, that dunk/layup thing was the ugliest thing I have ever seen in my life! Good job shutting down Curry, drawing a few fouls on him, but he really needs to stick to defense and let other players play on the offense.

As I said in another thread, the only reason he played tonight was because of Eddy Curry. He is just so big, and we need a big, meaty guy to bang around with him. He will play over O'Bryant against big guys.

Great defense. Everyone played hard. Jackson, Baron, hell, even Pietrus all played well.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:26 pm
Another good win and the team is coming together. Noone really played well outside of Baron, who again had a great game and leads well, SJackson, who really is being a major difference in his two games so far and Pietrus, the slandered man who everyone wants to see do bad it seems.

This is what the team needs to do even if they get outrebounded and that is swarm on defense and get the tOs like they did. What a difference - 11 TOs to the Knicks 27 and 17stls and 7blks to 3 and 0 for the Knicks

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:34 pm
migya wrote:Another good win and the team is coming together. Noone really played well outside of Baron, who again had a great game and leads well, SJackson, who really is being a major difference in his two games so far and Pietrus, the slandered man who everyone wants to see do bad it seems.

This is what the team needs to do even if they get outrebounded and that is swarm on defense and get the tOs like they did. What a difference - 11 TOs to the Knicks 27 and 17stls and 7blks to 3 and 0 for the Knicks

We dont want Pietrus to do bad, but we do expect it. I'm not sure if you caught the game or not, but if you didnt, the stats dont tell you everything. He missed numerous free throws (as usual) and made a lot of stupid mistakes, (as usual) bouncing off his knee, dropping the ball, carrying, traveling, things like that.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:41 pm
pietrus did not have a great game, but a decent game. anyway, the important thing is that the team is not playing well, but, after a rough start - due to a tough schedule and some unlucky games, in my opinion - the guys are coming along together. the team is SO much deeper than last year. the depth of the squad is going to play its role in the long term. this is a better, much better team than last year and it will make the playoff for the second year in a row. i expect to close this roadtrip 4-1 or 3-2, which would be great or just very good. they will go back to .500 WAY before Christmas and will finish the season WELL above .500. maybe i am too optimistic, but i certainly see a huge potential in this team and feel very confident for the season
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:44 pm
I never said that Pietrus didnt have a good game. He did. His point and steal totals say that, but saying that he had a great game is rediculous. He isnt a great player. He is a good role player.

As for the depth of the team, it is amazing. They are deep at every position. They just need to get everybody back (Barnes and Hudson) and if they can do that, they are in good shape.

Anyone know when Hudson is coming back?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:33 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:Another good win and the team is coming together. Noone really played well outside of Baron, who again had a great game and leads well, SJackson, who really is being a major difference in his two games so far and Pietrus, the slandered man who everyone wants to see do bad it seems.

We dont want Pietrus to do bad, but we do expect it. I'm not sure if you caught the game or not, but if you didnt, the stats dont tell you everything. He missed numerous free throws (as usual) and made a lot of stupid mistakes, (as usual) bouncing off his knee, dropping the ball, carrying, traveling, things like that.

He was the third best player tonight no? I'm not saying he's great but he does his bit and plays his role. So far this season he has done well in his situation. He could easily be stuck on the bench, as most thought, behind everyone but instead has been a steady contributor, much more than any of the hyped rookies and lottery semi stiff

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:46 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I never said that Pietrus didnt have a good game. He did. His point and steal totals say that, but saying that he had a great game is rediculous. He isnt a great player. He is a good role player.

As for the depth of the team, it is amazing. They are deep at every position. They just need to get everybody back (Barnes and Hudson) and if they can do that, they are in good shape.

Anyone know when Hudson is coming back?

MP is doing what we wanted him to do ever since his rookie year. Consistent contribution and defense. We all know he is a role player but never expected him to excel at it. So far he is giving us a lot off the bench and now that he is back to his original role, he is doing his part for the second unit.

I also believe Monta had a very good game... Played under control and as a PG. I'm glad B Nelly took that shot but he needs to be more aggressive when he is out there. Finally, it might just be me, but DJ is nothing more than a 7 foot Foyle. (BUT CHEAPER and i don't mind that AT ALL)
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:58 pm
who is better Mbenga or Foyle... :?:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:10 am
GSW United wrote:who is better Mbenga or Foyle... :?:

I dunno... they both appears to be SEVERLY LIMITED on offense but MBENGA does have size at 7' and can guard the bigger centers in the league. However, Foyle was just damn good at shot blocking... i say EVEN
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:04 am
Miggy - your defense of MP is admirable. have you seen him play a lot? If you have, you must see he has no handles and makes the most basic basketball IQ errors. Even on a good night he makes bonehead errors, like turning the ball over palming with no one defending him during garbage time. He is playing much better this year after playing horrifically stupidly in the playoffs last year. No one wants any warrior to do badly on this board (i think), and if Pietrus can contribute a good 15-20 minutes off the bench and keep his brain-dead maneuvers to a minimum, he is a "bargain" in today's league. I am still trying to forget his endless idiocies in the playoffs last year, some of the dumbest basketball I have ever watched. I don't deny he is athletic, has a nice three and is capable of some good D...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:19 am
GSW United wrote:who is better Mbenga or Foyle... :?:

Foyle... although both are awful on offense, so maybe MBenga's size is enough to make it even.

btw, I missed this game. What happened with Al?. He played only 11 minutes according to the boxscore... Was it foul trouble and Nellie keeping him in the bench for the remainder of the game?

Also, seems like S-Jax is as important as we believed. From what I've read (and watch in the Toronto game) the teams looks different with him, more active on D and hustling more. We needed that.

And Mbenga playing over POB??? wtf? The new guy has already surpassed him in the depth chart? (Because I doubt size is the reason... we'll see in the next few games).

Finally, seems like the game was easy... It was about time. We needed a quiet, easy win to give some confidence to the team, even if it comes against the Knicks, who might be the worse team in the NBA right now. I doubt Thomas lasts past the Detroit game.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads