NBA Live *Dynasty Mode* Trades

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

*Read the article first... then answer: Good trades or bad trades...

Good! Improved the team overall!
50%
One trade was good... but the other was useless (specify)
50%
Why trade away Warriors players? Bad moves!
No votes

Total votes : 6

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:27 pm
After playing with the Warriors normal lineup for the 1st season, I made a couple key trades for a couple reasons... needless to say, it left my bench a little short, but that's ok because i play 5 minutes quarters and don't use the bench much (unless a player is sucking or I have an injury). Here were the trades I made (btw, I tried trading Mike Dunleavy FIRST, but no one would take him... true story... no one wanted him)...

(1)Andris Biedrins & Mickael Pietrus were shipped off in exchange for Emeka Okafor & a random garbage player

This trade helped seal up the inside on defense. Ike and Emeka made an explosive, strong, and defensively overpowering inside tandem. Biedrins was taking a little long to develop his skills (though he was good... just had no offense) and Pietrus was being under-used because the game woefully under-rated his abilities. I missed Pietrus as a back-up, but wasn't too sad without him.

(2) Troy Murphy & Zarko were sent to the Bucks for Michael Redd & another garbage player

This was my last trade. I started the season with a high-flyer (JRich) and an outside scoring threat (Baron) who both had defensive stopper abilities. I added a power player in Emeka Okafor who had inside stopper capabilities. I was missing a shooter. Enter Michael Redd (a top 10 in scoring and 3-point percentage). Moving JRich to the small forward spot (sitting Dunleavy until a suitable trade is found), I now ran the floor with Baron Davis, rose above defenders with Jason, posted with Emeka, or spotted the open trey with Redd. It was flawless. If Okafor missed a block inside, Ike had him covered. The outside defense was grueling to go against. Everything was in order. And I still had Fisher, Foyle, and Dunleavy on the bench.

My team went undefeated (no simulating, either) and won the NBA Championship. JRich was MVP, Baron was Finals MVP, and I led the league in points (all 5), assists (Baron, Michael R... JRich down the list), rebounds (Ike, Emeka), blocks (Emeka, Ike, Foyle), steals (4 starters... not Ike), and 3 pointers made (Michael)... top 5 in percentage, too (Michael, JRich). I felt the team was flawless, if not a tad bit undersized at small forward (but the MVP didn't seem to mind!)
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:41 pm
Good stuff

but

Come on don’t take garbage players; that make trading for good players too easy. I always used to draft a good rookie PG (restart until u get one :) ) after the first season and then trade everybody except Jrich, but now that we have BD, I have to try to draft a rookie Center(which is way harder), and then trade every body(except BD, Jrich)
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:56 pm
first trade i made was Andrew Bogurt straight up for Troy Murphy....Bogurt develops nicely

lol anyone else notice how hard dunleavy is to get rid of
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:08 am
First trade:

Um, decent, I guess, You have two 4's playing inside, wouldn't work in real life, but great in the game, I suppose...

Second trade:

Great, Redd is way better than Murphy and Zarko.

Only problem with those trades is the team is too thin at the bench. A couple of serious injuries and the season is over. It's also undersized at 5 and 3, but that's not a big issue in the game.

So, yeah, I voted for overall improvement of the team.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:09 am
Quazza wrote:lol anyone else notice how hard dunleavy is to get rid of

I search LEAGUE WIDE for any team that would be willing to take him. Teams didn't want him, straight up, ever. He's a 77 overall now and I couldn't trade him for a 75! That's sad! It looks like video games know whats up...

I'm gonna try and get rid of Mikey for a decent bench center... maybe Bogut's a shot, but I just don't think he's gonna end up being all that great. Plus, I still got Adonal (the shot blocking machine) on the bench. And I drafted a guy who was 7'5"... so maybe the team's fine. Still, be nice to get somebody for Mike Dunleavy. Maybe I can trade to get Murphy back (he's a 76)!

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:27 am
After my first year I trained up Diogu then traded Murphy & Dunleavy for Richard Jefferson. Had to throw in a garbage player for the Nets to do it. Sounds like alot but my starting lineup is:

Biedrins
Diogu
Jefferson
Richardson
Davis

I play a very defensive game so Murphy & Dunleavy had to go.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:56 am
Yeah, ditto... hence the departure of Murph and the benching of Mike.

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:08 pm
I just won the championship in dynasty mode as the warriors. I attempted to trade dunleavy and a 2nd round pick for bruce bowen. The Spurs were up to it but thier salary cap wouldn't let them.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:09 pm
3-4 seaons deep and bogurt is currently rated 87 for me.Tell ya a player to get though is Igudala(spelling)Traded him for J Rich at start of season and hes now rated 95
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:12 pm
Quazza wrote:3-4 seaons deep and bogurt is currently rated 87 for me.Tell ya a player to get though is Igudala(spelling)Traded him for J Rich at start of season and hes now rated 95

Damn even video games have East Coast bias. Now that is a realistic game!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:48 am
I dunno if I woulda have traded JRich for Andre Iguidala, but more power to you if you worked him up to a 95 overall!
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:34 am
yeah it was a risk but i picked up a pretty good shootin guard in the draft,so i thought,hmmm what can i do here.well turns out Iguidala is an absolute beast!

curious i come from a 2k baqckground where theres sliders for EVERYTHING(o how i miss them).Any tips on what i should set the few NBA live ones on to make it more real?
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:36 pm
actually while im here,can someone explain the freesrtyle superstar thing,and how ya work it*looks at P32:P*
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:43 am
I have a PS2, so I'll just explain it for that. Adjust, when necessary, to X-Box, GameCube, or PC...

Certain superstars can perform extra moves when given the "freestyle superstar" abilities. For the sake of time, we'll only take a closer look at one offensive and one defensive...

High-flyers are blessed with the ability to sky over defenders and make spectacular plays. When playing as the Warriors, use Jason Richardson and cut to the baseline. Once freed from defenders, press L1 + any of the four face buttoms (square, triangle, circle, x). If you hold L1 and press a face buttom, Richardson will more often than not take to the air and dunk the ball. This is also useful on fast breaks; if you're ahead of the pack, but your opponent is Allen Iverson and it looks like he's about to catch up, use the highflyer-freestyle at the top of the key or the freethrow line to take off from a longer distance. Works best with L1 + square (it'll throw down a one-handed, LeBron slam). Highflyers are great for slamming on opponents, taking off from far out, or just throwing down a dunk out of nowhere. They are probably the most useful freestylers in the game.

Defensive stoppers are very effective, as well. While playing as Golden State, use Baron Davis from halfcourt to the top of the key to pester your opponents as an outside d-stopper. It will allow you to pick more steals in more useful ways. For example; instead of simply hacking the ball loose where either of you could pick it up again, freestyle stoppers will smack the ball away from the defender as the defender staggers a few steps off balance. D-stoppers are almost guarenteed to pick big men posting up, they grab more steals than normal guards, and they turn double teams into instant take-aways if you play it right. While trying to steal, hold L1 + square to activate Baron's freestyle stopper technique. Since you can't run out of "freestyle juice" or anything, I suggest you hold down L1 the entire time you're playing on defense... just in case you have a stopper, you can activate the freestyle control immediately.

Inside stoppers are basically a shot-blocking version of outside stoppers. Activate by holding L1 + triangle.

Inside or outside scorers are basically the up-and-under, tricky lay-up, running floater version of high-flyers. It's basically another effective way to score. Same controls as high-flyer.

Shooters are useful for their quick releases and convincing pump fakes. Same controls as a high-flyer, but in a way different situation (looking for a jump shot). I've got to be honest, they're almost as useless as...

Playmakers. This is, by far, the hardest freestyle to execute. Ideally, you use no-look passes, behind the backs, and tricky one-handed tosses to confuse your opponent and drop dimes in the game. Ideally. However, it has some severe disadvantages; not only do you have little idea of where your pass is going, but (unless you have a 3-on-1 advantage) your pass is also more likely to be picked off in a normal half-court set. They look good when they work, but they only work few and far between. I recommend you leave players like Baron Davis on the "outside scorer" setting instead of changing them to "playmaker"... Using a playmaker is only acceptable when he can be no other freestyle type (ie, Steve Nash). Playmakers use the same controls as high-fliers, but they use it in a passing situation instead of an inside scoring one.

I hope this helps you out.
Last edited by 32 on Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:29 pm
I've just made diogu into a power player, J.R. into in outside stoper and B davis into a playmaker. I have Diogu up to 87 overall.
Next

Return to Trades