Angels Got Screwed!

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:56 pm
Anybody else catch the Angels vs White Sox game tonight??? See in the 9th inning how badly the Angels got taken by every umpire on the field?!! Haha!!!

For those who don't know, Angels & Socks are tied at the bottom of the 9th. Chicago's catcher is up to bat and totally whiffs on strike 3 with 2 outs (the ump even called the inning!). For no reason at all, the batter takes off for 1st base... Angels walking off the field are looking at him like "wtf?" and he sprints all the way to the base. The ump suddenly turns around his call and calls the runner safe at first! Angels are furious! Managers on the field, players are yelling and screaming! The ump claims the pitch hits the ground... which, instant replay (from multiple angles) proved it didnt! But, hey, the Angels figure it's only one out away, so they stop arguing and take the field...

... next batter cracks it to the wall and brings in the pinch runner (who stole 2nd). Angels lose. Series tied, 1-1...

What a screwjob! I love seeing the Angels lose! Especially the wrong way!!! Haha!

God, I'm such a Giants fan!

PS: Torch the monkey! Who's with me???
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:14 pm
That call was horrible, but I dont care who wins.(as long as its not the yankees)

But man did I hate that monkey.

Return to Sports Board