Game Thread: Warriors @ Toronto Raptors 2007-11-18

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Stephen Jackson be inserted immediately to the starting lineup?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:05 pm

YES
73%
NO
27%

Total votes : 15

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:00 am
Does anyone have a torrent for this game? I didn't make my way to the pub until the second half. Wouldn't mind seeing the first.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:17 am
cladden wrote:Does anyone have a torrent for this game? I didn't make my way to the pub until the second half. Wouldn't mind seeing the first.

Here:

http://bt.davka.info/

Second from the top (until the page is updated)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:21 am
Hoonyo wrote:Yeah Nelson is only playing veterans. Special K is a 2nd year guard, Monta is a 3rd year guard, and Dre is a 4th year center.

GOD NELSON YOU'RE SUCH AN IDIOT STOP PLAYING YOUR VETS. DEVELOP YOUR ROOKIES INSTEAD OF TRYING TO WIN GAMES.

:roll:

He does have to use more players though, that is noe of the teams best strengths, depth. BWright could be effective in about 10mins a game

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:00 am
A nice win on Sunday. Unexpected as well. The way things were going in the second half, I expected the Warriors to hang close and lose at the end, but the exact opposite happened.

All credit to the Warriors for their resiliency and determination in staying the game and ultimately taking the lead and holding on.

This is not to take away from what the Warriors did, but the Raptors shot themselves right out of the game yesterday. The Warriors were able to get them to play their style, particularly in the 4th quarter when the Raptors should have been trying to slow it down and take good shots. Instead the likes of Jamario Moon, Jason Kapono and others were just launching ill-advised shot after ill-advised shot. Credit the Warriors for getting the game to the pace they wanted.

I can't say enough about the play of Andris Biedrins over the last two games. It is not coincidental that his level of play has raised and the Warriors have won their first two games of the season. He has to continue to perform as he has.

It was nice to see Stephen Jackson on the floor as well. He is a leader and the team needs him to succeed. Let's hope things can continue in a positive light on Tuesday at the Garden against a beatable Knicks team.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:24 am
Hoonyo wrote:Yeah Nelson is only playing veterans. Special K is a 2nd year guard, Monta is a 3rd year guard, and Dre is a 4th year center.

GOD NELSON YOU'RE SUCH AN IDIOT STOP PLAYING YOUR VETS. DEVELOP YOUR ROOKIES INSTEAD OF TRYING TO WIN GAMES.

:roll:

If they're not producing, then sure... bench the rooks. But our rookies are producing, and they should get more PT.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:43 pm
ChicagoTom wrote:I can't say enough about the play of Andris Biedrins over the last two games. It is not coincidental that his level of play has raised and the Warriors have won their first two games of the season. He has to continue to perform as he has.

It was nice to see Stephen Jackson on the floor as well. He is a leader and the team needs him to succeed. Let's hope things can continue in a positive light on Tuesday at the Garden against a beatable Knicks team.

my sentiments exactly...

AB's surprisingly been playing well the last two games. let's hope this is a precursor of what we're going to see every game from him. i hope he proves me wrong...

and sjax brings stability and confidence and someone else we can go to instead of having to over-rely on BD..
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:48 pm
dubsfan1 wrote:i guess POB didnt play because of the matchups

raptors dont have any big guys..except bosh and jackson did a great job on him

against the knicks im sure we'll see him

part of it also is that the team is on the road and young players don't necessarily respond/play well on the road. there's a certain comfort level (as well as confidence) playing at home in front of 19,000 cheering fans. rookies and young players feed off this more than experienced players...

nelson will gradually give them more PT on road games..
Last edited by aletha33 on Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:41 pm
aletha33 wrote:
dubsfan1 wrote:i guess POB didnt play because of the matchups

raptors dont have any big guys..except bosh and jackson did a great job on him

against the knicks im sure we'll see him

part of it is also is that the team is on the road and young players don't necessarily respond/play well on the road. there's a certain comfort level (as well as confidence) playing at home in front of 19,000 cheering fans. rookies and young players feed off this more than experienced players...

nelson will gradually give them more PT on road games..

i agree. veterans are able to sort of channel out the crowd when theyre playing on someone elses court. when you havent had the experience you get tense and uncomfortable.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Previous

Return to Game Threads