WARRIOR GAINING STRENGTH

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:30 am
Safe thing - Trade him to his old man and the clips and get a 1st round draft pick - You know it will be a high one!!!!!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:03 am
Yes, but we already have too many rookies to develop. If we get rid of Mike, I'd hope it would be for something of a verteran.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:25 am
Wally Sczerbiak could actually be a possibility but he would also have to accept coming off the bench. I like Wally, he is much better than Dunleavy!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:57 am
Yes, but the Timberwolves are probably holding onto him pretty tightly now that Spree and Sammy are gone. Wally has all of a sudden become the 2nd option. They don't want an unproven youngster (like Mike) trying to do his job. At the moment, Dunleavy hasn't proven he can be a productive 2nd option.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:37 am
Better to trade him for an absolute allround player that is effective or someone that is great at at least one particular thing, such as rebounding or defense. Be great to have a defensive stopper to come in at SF once Pietrus goes out. It would ensure that that the other team would not score so easy

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:57 am
Well, one could argue that Pietrus himself is a defensive stopper, so maybe what we need is something different. I, for one, think that outside shooting is key to this team, so losing one shooter and getting back somebody who shoots 10% outside would ruin the team. I think if we're going to trade Mike Dunleavy, we need to get somebody back who can do what he does... but accepts a bench role and less pay.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:38 pm
Outside shooting is important but more so if Diogu or Biedrins or someone else on the team can become an inside force and draw double teams! Defense is utterly important and there just isn't enough good defensive players on the team at the moment. Some may develop into better defensive player, but Dunleavy is certainly not one of them! Getting a guy to replace him that does play good defense, along with being at least decent in other areas, is essential for the Warriors to keep getting better. The main weakness in the warriors is DEFENSE!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:10 am
I agree, but I thought that trading Mike for a bench player would solve the defensive problem at small forward (assuming we start Mickael Pietrus). He's a defensive stud.

Why not trade for another small forward who can shoot the long ball if the defense problem was solved?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:39 am
Because the problem will still exist if Dunleavy's replacement is a bad defensive player as well. When he subs in for Pietrus, the lack of defense will hurt the Warriors the same way

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:32 am
Ah, I see... I was assuming the replacement wouldn't be horrible at defense the way Mike is. Point made.

I think defense would definately be something to look for, as well as a perimeter threat. I mean, seriously, our whole roster can shoot the long ball (Richardson, Fisher, Davis, Pietrus, Dunleavy, Murphy), but no one is known league-wide as an outstanding outside shooter. A Kyle Korver or Voshon Lenard for our team would be a great addition at the small forward spots (of course, not those players specifically... they're both shooting guards). Having a definate threat opens up, not only the inside, but other outside shooters as well. It would be a nice grab for the Warriors.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:28 am
It would but as long as that player played decent defense. I'm just saying that the Warriors lack great defense at the moment and the championship caliber teams like Pistons and Spurs are great defensive teams.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:36 am
I can agree with that.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:15 pm
you two should get a room...
Hall of Famer