Game Thread: Warriors @ Toronto Raptors 2007-11-18

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Stephen Jackson be inserted immediately to the starting lineup?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:05 pm

YES
73%
NO
27%

Total votes : 15

All Star
Poster Credit: 30
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:05 pm
Golden State Warriors (1-6) @ Toronto Raptors (5-4)

Start time 10:00 AM PST @ The Air Canada Center

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Kelenna Azubuike
SF - Matt Barnes
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Toronto Raptors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - T.J. Ford
SG - Anthony Parker
SF - Jamario Moon
PF - Chris Bosh
C - Maceo Baston

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (25.5) | C. Bosh (16.1)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.5) | C. Bosh (6.8)
APG - B. Davis (9.0) | T. Ford (8.1)
SPG - B. Davis (1.5) | J. Moon (1.8)
BPG - A. Biedrins (2.2) | C. Bosh (1.5)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:08 pm
I voted yes, but that really isnt the important question. To me, the most important question is how much is he going to play? If he starts, great. If he doesnt, then fine, find him some playing time somewhere. If he comes back strong, and I expect him to, we should be okay, especially after seeing tonight's game.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:05 am
SJackson better be ready because he will be needed. The Raptors are a good team that has been pretty good so far. Defense is the key for the team and I can see Bosh, who has been pretty average for his level, having his best game of the season.

Raptors by 4 in a very close game

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:52 am
First, the poll. S-Jax has to start right now. Bring Barnes from the bench.

With that said, what's up with Toronto's starting lineup?. Baston and Jamario Moon starting? Has Sam Mitchell gone completely crazy?

An interesting note about the Raptors: Calderon, who's currently TJ Ford's backup (although only due to Ford's contract) is leading the league in assists per 48 minutes with 15.5 (Chris Paul, second on that list, has 14.8 ) and is the leading PG on assist-to-turnover ratio (between players that play a certain amount of time... Conley is above him, but he's only played 4 games and very few minutes). I'd love to be able to trade for him. Even if it takes Monta to get him (purely because I doubt Baron will be able to endure a full season playing as much as he's playing right now, and if Baron goes down for an extended period of time, we're back to lottery land).

After that snippet of patriotism, let's go back to the game. Raptors by 5. I'm with migya when he says that Bosh is gonna have his best game of the season (so far). Still, I expect a close game and, in that case, anything can happen.
Last edited by TMC on Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:48 am
TMC wrote:An interesting note about the Raptors: Calderon, who's currently TJ Ford's backup (although only due to Ford's contract) is leading the league in assists per 48 minutes with 15.5 (Chris Paul, second on that list, has 14.8 ) and is the leading PG on assist-to-turnover ratio (between players that play a certain amount of time... Conley is above him, but he's only played 4 games and very few minutes). I'd love to be able to trade for him. Even if it takes Monta to get him

Calderon looks like a real PG, as does Ford, so the raps are well set there. I'd trade Monta for him right now but that would be a big win for the Raps as well as he could start at SG for them

TMC wrote:After that snippet of patriotism

That's exactly what it was :mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:54 am
It was clear last year to me that Calderon was better for the raptors than TJ, so I am not sure as to why Mitchell is doing what he is doing. Toronto is a strong team and will be a tough win for the Ws, but the SJax factor, POB breaking out, and Pietrus' return may make them deep enough to help them pull it out.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:36 pm
coltraning wrote:It was clear last year to me that Calderon was better for the raptors than TJ, so I am not sure as to why Mitchell is doing what he is doing.

I'm pretty sure their contracts are the reason... Ford makes 8 million, Calderon 2. And Calderon becomes a free agent after the season, while Ford is signed for 3 more seasons. That's their motive to play Ford over Calderon.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:11 pm
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:It was clear last year to me that Calderon was better for the raptors than TJ, so I am not sure as to why Mitchell is doing what he is doing.

I'm pretty sure their contracts are the reason... Ford makes 8 million, Calderon 2. And Calderon becomes a free agent after the season, while Ford is signed for 3 more seasons. That's their motive to play Ford over Calderon.

hey, it never hurt the knicks to have a bunch of 15-20 million dollar a year benchwarmers :wink:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:36 pm
It sucks that the game isnt televised. We are going to miss Jack's first game back.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:33 pm
yeah, not seeing jack in his first game sucks. as far as the game goes, i'd like to see a little bit of o'bryant and big dre in the game together. they'd be monsters in the zone d with kelenna, baron and jackson playing perimeter!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:43 pm
ChronicallyInclined wrote:yeah, not seeing jack in his first game sucks. as far as the game goes, i'd like to see a little bit of o'bryant and big dre in the game together. they'd be monsters in the zone d with kelenna, baron and jackson playing perimeter!

I agree with you on mixing it up and going big every once in a while. A couple of games ago, we put Wright and Biedrins in for about five minutes together, and they dominated, offense and defense. O'Bryant earned some more playing time with that last game.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:26 pm
i don't see any raptors players are 'dangerous' than Bosh...but i believe biedrins will take care of him.
All raptors players are pretty much same size as W's.If baron could play post on TJ ford than we will have a good chance to pull out this game...

nice win last night....
do it again. :mrgreen:
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:57 pm
I dont see anyway how the Raptors win this game.

We are at full strength pretty much and came off a big win against the Clipjoint. Yes were away, but I just think we have so much more talent than them that we beat them easily.

Just hold bosh under 30 and 20 and were fine.

I sense a blowout.

Warriors by 17
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:24 am
coltraning wrote:
TMC wrote:

hey, it never hurt the knicks to have a bunch of 15-20 million dollar a year benchwarmers :wink:

Yes it has, they are pathetic :wink: :mrgreen:

Also, about TJ Ford, he is a very good PG, just imagine him getting 35mins a game, his numbers would be close to top 5 among PGs. Calderon is at the same level as Ford and the Raps are set there and should look to hang on to Calderon

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:26 am
I would like to see POB get some extended playing time playing with Wright! During the Clipper game you could see how they could potentially be a devestating defensive combination! Watching POB he might actually turn it around a bit!

He's more advanced offensively than AB was during his second year. I think slowly he gain more confidence and playing time as the yr goes on.

He's like AB in that the refs call on these ticky tack fouls on him.

POB won't turn into a bust. The D-League has helped him and players like Buke become NBA players.
Next

Return to Game Threads