Game Thread: Los Angeles Clippers @ Warriors 2007-11-16

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors secure one win before Jackson returns?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:59 pm

YES
71%
NO
29%

Total votes : 17

Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:44 pm
Hate to say it, but after the Detroit game, I'm not seeing the determination, not from anyone on the W's. On paper, at least as good a team as last year. On the court, not looking like that too much.

Clips by 8. But, maybe someone on the W's will at least get angry about it for the first time this year.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:01 pm
My thoughts so far in the first quarter: Andris has gone off. He has been awesome. Offense, defense, blocking shots, everything. He has been great. Caveman cant touch that right now.

Like Drazz said, he looks mad about the first game.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:09 pm
I also like Harrington's intensity out there. He is going there matching Magette shot for shot. He is playing defense, and he is knocking down his shots.

Nice to see Brandan Wright get some more good playing time. Nellie seems to be opening up to him a little bit, probably because of his defense.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:32 pm
I'm glad that Pietrus hasnt gotten playing time, yet. I'm not sure if he is even at the stadium, but if he is, I havnt seen him. We are just a better team without him chucking up threes. I'll take my chances with Barnes and Azubuike.
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:49 pm
Hot start and enter halftime with the lead. Deja vu.
Thunder wrote:Harrington out 2 weeks with bad attitude.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:56 pm
Biedrin played well recently...especially his FT, seems like the shooting coach do his job. :mrgreen:

The main guys like Baron,monta,barnes are quiet 'slow'...maybe they should do some meditation. :mrgreen:
Barnes still with his finger problem.
baron still have some heavy responsibility over his shoulder (carry the W's)
Monta problem is his family ..they expect monta play well this season and get big contract...we all know monta is not from the rich family so he really have a big burden also....

W's fans have problem also...can't stand the lose..heheheh :mrgreen: :banghead:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:35 pm
Azubuike has been pretty quiet tonight.

Props to Patrick O'Bryant. The whipping boy of the team finally stepped it up and showed that he can play, for real. Good effort on both sides of the ball, and he energized the rest of the team. Also, he was able to spell Andris some much needed rest.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:43 pm
The Warriors really miss Troy Hudson, in my opinion. They dont have a better backup point than him, and Baron really needs to work hard to get it done, mainly because if he doesnt, nobody can replace him. Anybody know when he is coming back?

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:48 pm
warriors with 50+ points in the paint??? who would've thought...

nice job biedrins/p.o.b.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:03 pm
Warriors are putting down the hammer, now. 120-101. Hope you guys at the game are enjoying this one. I'm watching the Clippers telecast. I hate one of the announcers. Anytime someone hits a three he yells BINGO!
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:07 pm
Hell yeah! That is the way basketball is supposed to be played. Everybody got involved, everybody had fun, and most importantly, everybody played effectively.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:09 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:Warriors are putting down the hammer, now. 120-101. Hope you guys at the game are enjoying this one. I'm watching the Clippers telecast. I hate one of the announcers. Anytime someone hits a three he yells BINGO!

hahaha..probably u watched FSN prime tickets..same as me...when i saw FSN bayarea W's lose the game so i try to watched prime tickets today and yup Clippers lose...hahahhaha...is that mean i bring the bad luck...i hope not... :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:10 pm
Damnnnnn....i predict 16 but they win 17pts....

anyway..this is what we called 'Good win'. :mrgreen:
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:31 am
Yes!!!!! Finally got a win!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:38 am
was at the game and heres my thoughts:

Player of the Game:

POB - Flat out hustle and played his ass off. His hook shot was smooth but i love how he attacked the rim. FORGET laying it up, everything he put up was strong and to the rack. He played smart defensively and half his fouls WASNT A FOUL AT ALL>..

the rest:

Baron: Played more of a distributing role. He really helped settle down the warriors in the zone by dribble penetration... He played an excellent game in my opinion.

Harrington: This GUY is a beast. can't ask for anything more....

Barnes: Still shoots too much from the 3 and need to take it strong to the basket when he is posting up shorter player instead of settling for a turn around jumper... But nevertheless, he was a positive...

Monta: For the FIRST time this season i saw glimpse of him as a PG. He played under control and never forced the action. He passed the ball very well and played within himself... good game!!!

Azu: He might not have a lot of points and he was getting killed defensively but when he took it to the rim, he took it STRONG... love it

AB: GREAT GAME, free throw is amazing, and played his role effectively... EXCELLENT GAME

Wright played very well, and improving every game. NEEDS TO WORK ON FREE THROW

Nelly needs to get Lasme, Belly some PT!!@!@!
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads